Personal Finance

What type of Visa Card do you have?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2010 9:58 pm
Tags:
None

Poll: What Type of Visa Card do you have?

• Total votes: 0. You have voted on this poll.
Jan 21, 2008
737 posts
4 upvotes
TD Rebates Reward Card - Don't use it anymore ever since I received my MBNA Smart Cash MC
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4036 posts
1360 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2010 5:39 pm
td infinite
td usd visa
cibc plain platinum
is there a card you dont have?

i have the cibc select
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Dec 1, 2009
33 posts
GTA
TD Rebate Rewards and a TD USD Visa. TD Rebate was my first card when I was 18, and I really don't qualify for any fancy VISA cards at any of the banks.

Only use it for VisaPerks and Visa Promotions, main spend goes onto an MBNA SPG card, and when it's over and done with I'll go with the Amex SPG with a MBNA Smartcash as the backup.
Dec 4, 2009
121 posts
7 upvotes
Calgary,AB
RBC Gold rewards Visa
CIBC Dividend Visa
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3251 posts
536 upvotes
Calgary
TD Gold Elite Visa
RBC Infinite Avion Visa
CIBC Dividend
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2004
5434 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
Why would anyone even want a VISA, let alone multiple? MasterCard has better rewards. If you frequent a retailer that only takes VISA, fine, get one, but why split your spending over multiple cards? If you don't spend on it, why even bother to have the card?
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2007
2438 posts
51 upvotes
ItemFinder wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2010 11:45 am
Why would anyone even want a VISA, let alone multiple? MasterCard has better rewards. If you frequent a retailer that only takes VISA, fine, get one, but why split your spending over multiple cards? If you don't spend on it, why even bother to have the card?
http://www.visa.ca/visaperks/index.jsp

http://www.myaxs.ca/

I find it handy to keep one AmEx, MC, and Visa for different benefits on purchase and card specific offers like from the links above. I didn't used to use my Visa (rebate rewards, pretty crappy card) but switched over to the TD Select Service bank account for the $250 offer so I took them up on the free TD Gold Elite Visa for the additional benefits like the CAA equivalent coverage.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3251 posts
536 upvotes
Calgary
Exactly, everyone has their own reason

For me, TD Gold Elite for roadside assistance, fee is waived through Select Service account.

CIBC Visa for the free credit monitoring (equifax), not much of a use.

I only got the Avion for its points and first year annual fee waived, after the first year I will switch it to Gold Rewards no annual fee. My MBNA smartcash still remains the main card followed by Elite
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2009
1568 posts
140 upvotes
ItemFinder wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2010 11:45 am
Morgan Freeman talked me into it. So calming and soothing. I couldn't help myself.
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
18929 posts
1365 upvotes
Paulfistinyourface wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2010 5:42 pm
Morgan Freeman talked me into it. So calming and soothing. I couldn't help myself.
ROTFL

Reminds me of this from family guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2BzLf2jwIM
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
16273 posts
2366 upvotes
Toronto
TD Rebate Rewards, because the TD green was my very first credit card way back in the day.

AND

RBC Gold Rewards, because I got an Avion for the points when I worked there, and didn't want the annual fee when I left. I don't use this one anymore since they introduced the chip. I didn't even set up a pin. They still keep upping my limit for some reason though, so I might switch it over to one of their new Mastercards if they let me.