Computers & Electronics

What is up with all of the privacy update emails of late?

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2018 6:57 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
3466 posts
690 upvotes
Toronto
lead wrote: could they? I wager probably not if ncix does not offer services to the eu or globally or in any way targets eu members. That way ncix its not in violation of international law and couldn't be enforced.If it says only ships to us and canada and mexico for instance then sol. Technically the key word is "eu member" and "can only be enforced if applies to international law"
Kinda like when the site says does not ship to quebec etc.
http://www.thesuburban.com/news/city_ne ... 965b1.html

In that situation it was to avoid viloating Quebec language law by simply not doing business with them.
ya but then i am a dual canadian and EU citizen (for real)......so technically i can file a complaint to any non-compliant canadian company if i feel like it?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5615 posts
919 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
chroma_cg wrote: ya but then i am a dual canadian and EU citizen (for real)......so technically i can file a complaint to any non-compliant canadian company if i feel like it?
No...

There seems to be a lot of misinformation on the net.
And reading through the actual law doesn't help much unless one has hours or days to study that.

The law definitely doesn't apply to EU citizens that don't live in the EU zone.
How would NCIX (as an example) even know that you have EU citizenship?

The law applies to companies/organizations that deal with EU residents
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
8963 posts
1722 upvotes
Winnipeg
chroma_cg wrote: ya but then i am a dual canadian and EU citizen (for real)......so technically i can file a complaint to any non-compliant canadian company if i feel like it?
Oh your an eh? and...... ewhh! Then. (pro·nun·ci·a·tion of EU).

Which coincidentally is what your lawyer would say if you tried. Eh? and ewhhh I don't think so.