• Last Updated:
  • May 7th, 2019 2:16 pm
Tags:

Poll: What VPN is the best?

• Total votes: 62. You have voted on this poll.
PIA VPN

21%
Nord VPN

24%
ExpressVPN

5%
TunnelBear

0%
IPVanish

3%
CyberGhost

3%
ProtonVPN

2%
-other-

42%
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
3619 posts
1065 upvotes
Parry Sound

What VPN do you use?

What VPN do you use? How is the speed? Do they keep logs? Can you view US Netflix? Can you sign up for and watch Hulu?
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
17 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
22529 posts
8268 upvotes
-Roll my own
-Great since I'm the only one on it
-Why would I keep logs on myself?
-Nope. Blacklisted
-Never tried.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
3261 posts
396 upvotes
Kingston
I have both Nord and Windscribe. Nord is a 3 yr sub and Windscribe is a Lifetime sub. Both bought about 2 yrs ago. Both are great VPN's but I use Wind more than Nord of late as find it's better for torrents.
Nov 21, 2005
294 posts
10 upvotes
Edmonton
I use Nord, might look at Proton as I have mail with them that I don't really use either. I mostly just use it for time release bypass with Steam.
Heatware
Ebay Username = hwakboxen
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
16941 posts
23267 upvotes
ONTARIO
I don't use them often but I have Windscribe and SlickVPN.
Windscribe is nice, even on a free account you get 20gb. SlickVPN comes free with my usenet provider subscription, but it's not very fast in my opinion.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
3619 posts
1065 upvotes
Parry Sound
psxp wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 12:17 pm
Anyone still get Torrents? Hows ExpressVPN?
I made this thread because I was tired of getting those notices from my ISP (even though they now go straight to the junk folder)

I've been reading negative reviews about Express in terms of their trustworthiness. Apparently they run a lot of telemetry nonsense and send data to a lot of different places.

I've been hearing good things about Nord and PIA so I might go with one of those.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Feb 5, 2016
14 posts
10 upvotes
Westmount, QC
I just signed up with surfshark. Its $62CAD for two years. Speed is fast and US Nelfix works too.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2004
1450 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
MayorOfToronto wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 1:30 pm
I made this thread because I was tired of getting those notices from my ISP (even though they now go straight to the junk folder)

I've been reading negative reviews about Express in terms of their trustworthiness. Apparently they run a lot of telemetry nonsense and send data to a lot of different places.

I've been hearing good things about Nord and PIA so I might go with one of those.
FYI - I went with NordVPN . Seems ok so far.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1325 posts
379 upvotes
Calgary
Torguard here, on the package that give me both VPN & proxy.