• Last Updated:
  • May 7th, 2019 2:16 pm
Tags:

Poll: What VPN is the best?

• Total votes: 63. You have voted on this poll.
PIA VPN

22%
Nord VPN

24%
ExpressVPN

5%
TunnelBear

0%
IPVanish

3%
CyberGhost

3%
ProtonVPN

2%
-other-

41%
Dec 19, 2006
293 posts
16 upvotes
death_hawk wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 12:54 am
-Roll my own
-Great since I'm the only one on it
-Why would I keep logs on myself?
-Nope. Blacklisted
-Never tried.
Can you easily switch regions or just stick to one? Which service do you use to setup (DigitalOcean)? How many devices can you connect before you start seeing lag?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
3626 posts
1079 upvotes
Parry Sound
sluggy wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 10:22 am
Can you easily switch regions or just stick to one? Which service do you use to setup (DigitalOcean)? How many devices can you connect before you start seeing lag?
I think his VPN is solely used to remote into his home network when he's not home. That's not really what this thread is about nor what any of the VPN options in the poll are designed for.

Unless I'm wrong and he uses it to circumvent geoblocked content or hide his IP, both of which I'm interested in.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
23343 posts
8977 upvotes
sluggy wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 10:22 am
Can you easily switch regions or just stick to one? Which service do you use to setup (DigitalOcean)?
It depends on who you're using as an upstream.
For me personally I have a couple on dedicated servers. Those aren't exactly portable.
If you use someone like AWS and bills per minute, you could easily switch regions with a bit of work. It's definitely more than a proper VPN provider though.
How many devices can you connect before you start seeing lag?
I've never seen lag. I can max out my 100/5 easily.
MayorOfToronto wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 12:10 pm
I think his VPN is solely used to remote into his home network when he's not home. That's not really what this thread is about nor what any of the VPN options in the poll are designed for.

Unless I'm wrong and he uses it to circumvent geoblocked content or hide his IP, both of which I'm interested in.
I do both since it's trivial to set up a VPN server at X location.
Every location I manage has a VPN server and a VPN client to easily cross connect securely.