• Jan 14th, 2019 11:57 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1175 posts
205 upvotes
Edmonton

What to wear in Vancouver winter

I'm from Edmonton but I will be going to Vancouver in February for a concert. I know Vancouver is not as cold as most of Canada in the winter. In Edmonton I usually wear a The North Face 700 down fill winter jacket. Is this going to be overkill for Vancouver's winter? Is it going to be too cold if I just wear a hoodie? Should I buy a light padded jacket or something? Heard a lot of Vancouver people wear Canada Goose so I'm not sure.
7 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1175 posts
205 upvotes
Edmonton
lennyandcarl wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 1:42 am
Something waterproof for sure.
Hmm, if I bring an umbrella I will be fine right?
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
4666 posts
734 upvotes
Vancouver winter...? They don't have winter over there.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
1849 posts
595 upvotes
B.C.
tablo13 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 1:45 am
Defiantly bring an umbrella!

Most of the time I wear a hoodie and I'm fine. But when it's pouring in Vancouver it's really pouring!
Jul 31, 2008
281 posts
94 upvotes
Markham
tablo13 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 1:45 am
You're from Edmonton. Wear a speedo.
Jun 4, 2013
34 posts
38 upvotes
Vancouver
LOL Canada goose! Coz Whenever you are out and about there are always a few people wearing Canada goose! You will fit right in!

But honestly I usually wear my North face skiing jacket or a ultra light down jacket and is good enough for me.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
3428 posts
2989 upvotes
Vancouver
Most Vancouver people layer clothing. A T-shirt, fleece zip-up, and lighter jacket on top works for me. Just keep an eye on the weather. February daytime weather is typically 7ºC and raining, but we often get cold snaps where it will go below freezing for a few days and may even snow. So bring your North Face if that's in the forecast.

One thing you won't be used to is the humidity. Just like high humidity can make 28ºC feel like 35ºC, the reverse is also true in the cold. 0º in Vancouver will feel colder to you in Vancouver than 0º in Edmonton.
18% = GTA residents as a proportion of Canada's total population
97% = chance that an RFDer lives in the GTA when he posts something location specific, without giving a location

Were you hit with surprise customs/import fees on an Amazon.ca purchase?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)