• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2018 12:17 am
[OP]
Feb 23, 2015
328 posts
11 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

What website can hold job applicants' resumes or other info

When we advertise for a job we want people to post their qualifications to some web site, like a Dropbox for job applicants.
Is there such a thing?
14 replies
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
12397 posts
3013 upvotes
Here 'n There
Why can't they just email it to you?
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4345 posts
668 upvotes
Aurora
I thought Indeed could do that. All applicants' resume's in one place. Ability to categorise in terms of reject, to be reviewed, etc. Ability to schedule interview times. Also ability to filter applicants criteria such as geography, years of experience, etc.
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
12397 posts
3013 upvotes
Here 'n There
Insanely simple done with email by creating separate folders.
[OP]
Feb 23, 2015
328 posts
11 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Trouble is most applicants don't send the required information(experience,available days,etc). Some type of form can force applicants to fill all fields for SUBMIT button to work.

I could just reject those that don't send required information but that is 80% of people. These are not professional jobs so people have to be compelled to type out their details.

If I can't find such a site I will have to set it up on a website.
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
12397 posts
3013 upvotes
Here 'n There
It'll take you more time to create the website than just to review the resumes, lol.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
6773 posts
1198 upvotes
Mississauga
Can you create a survey using Survey Monkey, or something?
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
[OP]
Feb 23, 2015
328 posts
11 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Raggie wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 11:46 pm
Can you create a survey using Survey Monkey, or something?
I will look into that.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1030 posts
124 upvotes
Markham, ON
Why can't people just submit a resume and a cover letter.

Are you just hiring people to fill out forms that they cannot revise?

Those stuff that some potential employers make job applicants go through may actually deter people from applying to jobs.

Maybe your online job form is bug prone and not even working properly on some people's outdated computer.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1030 posts
124 upvotes
Markham, ON
Why can't you just accept job application by email or mail and just store all application in an external hard drive. Job applications should not take up that much space.

And categorize them yourself. You can even reply to an applicant and say. I have reviewed your application and you are rejected. We are not keeping a copy of your job application whatsoever.

Similarly, once you hired someone. You can autoreply with. Thank you for your application but the position has been filled.
Aug 25, 2006
201 posts
14 upvotes
Kitchener
Have them email you their resume, and reply to them with a Google Form link for them to fill out any other info
Dec 23, 2017
17 posts
6 upvotes
Can't you just use indeed and then add a few mandatory questions as part of the application process? I don't think you want to get into building anything specific for you what seems to be a pretty trivial issue.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1030 posts
124 upvotes
Markham, ON
limoncello wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 6:01 am
Can't you just use indeed and then add a few mandatory questions as part of the application process? I don't think you want to get into building anything specific for you what seems to be a pretty trivial issue.
Don't use these stuff. As a job applicant, I actually stop my application process when those form filled stuff gets too annoying.

It is especially annoying when most of the information is already on my resume.

You, as the potential employer, has the responsibility to read my application in a format that the potential employee want to submit their application.

I mean if you just want to look at some spreadsheet before you even look at resumes and cover letter. You may be missing out on a lot of really great candidate.
Aug 10, 2009
146 posts
2 upvotes
Mississauga
BizDeveloper wrote:
Mar 11th, 2018 10:23 am
When we advertise for a job we want people to post their qualifications to some web site, like a Dropbox for job applicants.
Is there such a thing?
Hi, you can create a website like a blog or landing page and then add a contact form that requires people to upload a document (resume). This can be made quite easily with word press. The workflow would, user goes on website, user enters information and attaches document, you receive this information in an email and can review it whenever. Check out these guys, they might be able to get you up and running.