Shopping Discussion

What would you buy with a $500 sears gift card?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2009 3:11 pm
Tags:
None
16 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2004
1982 posts
10 upvotes
Kingston
I'd go buy a new dishwasher, because mine sounds funky and is probably on the outs.

but unless you're in the same situation, it's be a waste of a gift card :)

Why not go blow 100 bucks on something useless (if it's burning a hole) and save the rest for something you actually need later?

how's your bbq, lawn mower and appliances?
Dec 19, 2007
362 posts
7 upvotes
dolphie wrote: I'd go buy a new dishwasher, because mine sounds funky and is probably on the outs.

but unless you're in the same situation, it's be a waste of a gift card :)

Why not go blow 100 bucks on something useless (if it's burning a hole) and save the rest for something you actually need later?

how's your bbq, lawn mower and appliances?

Lawn mower and BBQ are a few years old and working fine. Appliances are new. this GC was an apology for sears trying to screw me royally on the appliances bought from them in the first place.

Don't really need any house stuff or electronics but wouldn't buy it anyway unless it was a hot deal which I haven't seen in a while. So it sits.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29129 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
I'd flog it on eBay or similar for as much as I can get because I will never again do business with Sears.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2004
1030 posts
18 upvotes
Nexxion wrote: Its burning a hole in my pocket, but the wife says no to using it as a partial payment on this:

http://www.sears.ca/gp/product/B001J0XQ ... e&v=glance

so I am all out of ideas.
I'd use use it buy myself a life. Anyone who has to waste bandwidth with a question like "I have some money, what should I spend it on?" clearly needs one. Try facebook. It's probably more your speed.
Banned
Feb 22, 2009
90 posts
BC
eyeman wrote: i'd use use it buy myself a life. Anyone who has to waste bandwidth with a question like "i have some money, what should i spend it on?" clearly needs one. Try facebook. It's probably more your speed.
+1.5
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2007
1782 posts
303 upvotes
Sell it at 10% (or more) off to someone in the BST, then use the $ to get something you really want or pay everyday expenses.

Laura
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2009
1334 posts
1026 upvotes
Don't they have designer suits and stuff at Sears as well?
I'd probably invest in those (coinciding with a sale of course!) if I was forced to use a Sears GC.

Otherwise, I'd probably rather sell the GC for a lower value.
Dec 19, 2007
362 posts
7 upvotes
Eyeman wrote: I'd use use it buy myself a life. Anyone who has to waste bandwidth with a question like "I have some money, what should I spend it on?" clearly needs one. Try facebook. It's probably more your speed.

do they sell bandwidth at Sears?
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2006
1231 posts
4 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake …
Sears way over priced - I wouldnt even shop there.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
3014 posts
1020 upvotes
Toronto
heres a list of brand name apparel u can invest your money on at sears:
Calvin Klein
Levi's
Buffalo
Timbaland
Point Zero?
Projek Raw.

Or you could invest it in a bicycle trainer?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2007
5920 posts
51 upvotes
GT-eh
32 inches LCD TV or some sort of entertainment system. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
2623 posts
212 upvotes
Toronto
user01 wrote: 32 inches lcd tv or some sort of entertainment system. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
danyo wrote: don't they have designer suits and stuff at sears as well?
I'd probably invest in those (coinciding with a sale of course!) if i was forced to use a sears gc.

Otherwise, i'd probably rather sell the gc for a lower value.
+1
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5135 posts
55 upvotes
Exercise equipment maybe?
I have an eliptical trainer from there I think (didn't buy it, but think its from sears).

Some stores have a photo studio, not the Sears photo, but the ottawa one has a professional photographer renting space there.

Sears also has a nice spa at the ottawa downtown store, they sell/use Darphin products and seems nice.

Sears travel maybe?

Cosmetics?

do some early chrismas shopping, they have good sales sometimes.
Any weddings, birthdays ect......use Sears GC for gifts or else can u split it up to give GC's to other people?
Sep 20, 2005
328 posts
158 upvotes
Halifax
You could use it to bring the price of a high-cost item (TV etc.) down to what you'd pay at most other stores...