Automotive

What would you do in this situation (Lease Ending)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2019 11:35 am
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4166 posts
1009 upvotes
Toronto
starkickers wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 12:46 pm
My wife likes the car, it's not that she likes or hates it, but she doesn't mind it and she'll be the one driving it 99% of the time. I'm angling to get something I like, but realistically, this is the cheapest/best route for a new-to-us car.
Why? I mean everyone wants to get something they like, but it seems like in this case you would be spending a lot of extra money and/or effort to get something that doesn't make much difference to the actual driver.
Dec 17, 2015
396 posts
117 upvotes
York, ON
$27500 for a 4 year old suv is a bit rich imho

If you want radar cruise control you better get a new vehicle such as 2019 RAV4
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
2431 posts
1259 upvotes
GTA
Parents "passing car on to us", but financing needed??
Told you to do the house chores more often when younger. They wouldn't charge you now Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2003
9485 posts
1989 upvotes
Markham
Tommy74 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 3:21 am
Parents "passing car on to us", but financing needed??
Told you to do the house chores more often when younger. They wouldn't charge you now Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
You probably misunderstood OP.

OP's parents is leasing a NX200T, leasing is about to end with way below mileage, car is in prestige condition still.
OP wants to take benefit of take over the car from them, than let them return the dealership.

No where it says the parents is giving it away or sponsor their payments.

The scenario has no issue if OP's wife can take over the car and continue to pay for the car and take ownership of a prestige condition SUV that was used lightly by their parents.
I don't encourage parent to pay everything for their kids, especially the luxury stuff. You want it, hard hard and get it.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015