• Oct 20th, 2017 4:45 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Penalty Box
Apr 26, 2017
115 posts
12 upvotes

What are your #1 toys for your cat?

What toy does your cat most enjoy and like?
13 replies
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18460 posts
3601 upvotes
Thornhill
Wand with feather on a string is popular.

Those stupid $3 plastic springs are also good, but one time I left it in my pants and it went through the wash and dryer so it became compressed like a pancakes the cats go crazy for this even more.

Empty Toilet paper rolls

Shoelace
Nov 7, 2012
657 posts
231 upvotes
TORONTO
My cat is so random. He likes the mouse/feather/whatever on a stick.... and any damn box that is laying around. He has a little cheap mouse that makes noise and blinks when you hit it.... he plays with it when he sees it. My cat is older now (8yrs) he finds more fun in clawing the crap outta my carpet on my stairs.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9816 posts
878 upvotes
The one on the left: Any stuffed toy where you can put catnip in it. He's an addict.
The one on the right: Loves water bottle caps. I'll flick it across the room and he'll fetch it.

Both cats: Laser pointer and boxes.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1027 posts
53 upvotes
Richmond Hill
catnip bag never fail.
[OP]
Penalty Box
Apr 26, 2017
115 posts
12 upvotes
come on ppl thats all the ppl who can recommend cat toys? what kind of forum is this all dog owners or something wtf
Aug 23, 2017
54 posts
38 upvotes
Quebec
anvil01 wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2017 1:00 pm
come on ppl thats all the ppl who can recommend cat toys? what kind of forum is this all dog owners or something wtf
What replies do you want to get? Cats don't give a damn about expensive toys, the more you spend the less likely they'll be interested. A ball of wool or a toilet-paper roll or some crappy $2 toy from Walmart, and they're happy.
Apr 25, 2011
690 posts
253 upvotes
British Columbia
anvil01 wrote:
I have 4 cats. I don't know what you're expecting -- we are talking about cats here, not dogs. One of my cats is happiest with a few boxes and a balled up piece of paper.

Buy a laser pointer, some catnip and a wand toy. Maybe buy a pack of toy mice or some kind of feathered toy. Invest in a high quality cat tree and call it a day.

Also be prepared for the box to trump most of these suggestions. Some cats don't even like cat trees despite the several hundred dollar price tag.
Nov 23, 2010
624 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
anvil01 wrote:
Sounds like you want only the BEST couture for your cat

Heres some ideas

Versace Barocco Pet Bowl

I know it says dog bowl, but like you said - is this all dog owners or wtf? This bowl is uni-breed and can be used to spoil both canine and feline

https://palazzocollezioni.com.au/versac ... arocco_332

Only $1128.00

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swarovski-studded Cat Flap

Only $1644.00

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Litter-Robot III Open Air Automatic Self-Cleaning Litter Box

And lucky you I was able to find this one refurbished selling here: http://www.robotshop.com/ca/en/litter-r ... gIhpPD_BwE

Includes free shipping for only $506.99

Oh and a laser works good too
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
1426 posts
352 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
seven wrote:
Sep 28th, 2017 12:37 am
- Cat Dancer interactive cat toy (https://www.amazon.com/Cat-Dancer-101-I ... YM6KDZ3MM2)

The cat dancer seems really simple but somehow very entertaining for cats. I wish I had thought about it...
No kidding on the Cat Dancer! We order from Vitacost sometimes and for some reason they sell the Cat Dancer on there. So we got one and the cats went NUTS. I don't know why exactly, possibly the randomness? Plus once the cardboard at the end is gone, you can add other things on there like feathers or more cardboard. So unlike some cat toys, it continues to be a good toy even once the cats have attacked it mercilessly. The price on Amazon.ca ($4.99) is almost twice as much as on Amazon.com and Vitacost. I think $4.99 is a bit much for a bit of rolled-up cardboard on the end of a wire coat hanger..
"So let it be e-mailed - so let it be done!"