• Last Updated:
  • Mar 25th, 2019 5:29 pm
Tags:
Penalty Box
Apr 26, 2017
159 posts
26 upvotes

What are your #1 toys for your cat?

What toy does your cat most enjoy and like?
35 replies
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21223 posts
6989 upvotes
GTA
Wand with feather on a string is popular.

Those stupid $3 plastic springs are also good, but one time I left it in my pants and it went through the wash and dryer so it became compressed like a pancakes the cats go crazy for this even more.

Empty Toilet paper rolls

Shoelace
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2012
1631 posts
955 upvotes
TORONTO
My cat is so random. He likes the mouse/feather/whatever on a stick.... and any damn box that is laying around. He has a little cheap mouse that makes noise and blinks when you hit it.... he plays with it when he sees it. My cat is older now (8yrs) he finds more fun in clawing the crap outta my carpet on my stairs.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
The one on the left: Any stuffed toy where you can put catnip in it. He's an addict.
The one on the right: Loves water bottle caps. I'll flick it across the room and he'll fetch it.

Both cats: Laser pointer and boxes.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
8501 posts
1053 upvotes
Occupied Ottawa
The box that the expensive toy came in.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1782 posts
740 upvotes
Richmond Hill
catnip bag never fail.
Penalty Box
Apr 26, 2017
159 posts
26 upvotes
come on ppl thats all the ppl who can recommend cat toys? what kind of forum is this all dog owners or something wtf
Aug 23, 2017
109 posts
88 upvotes
Quebec
anvil01 wrote: come on ppl thats all the ppl who can recommend cat toys? what kind of forum is this all dog owners or something wtf
What replies do you want to get? Cats don't give a damn about expensive toys, the more you spend the less likely they'll be interested. A ball of wool or a toilet-paper roll or some crappy $2 toy from Walmart, and they're happy.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
1473 posts
1208 upvotes
British Columbia
anvil01 wrote: come on ppl thats all the ppl who can recommend cat toys? what kind of forum is this all dog owners or something wtf
I have 4 cats. I don't know what you're expecting -- we are talking about cats here, not dogs. One of my cats is happiest with a few boxes and a balled up piece of paper.

Buy a laser pointer, some catnip and a wand toy. Maybe buy a pack of toy mice or some kind of feathered toy. Invest in a high quality cat tree and call it a day.

Also be prepared for the box to trump most of these suggestions. Some cats don't even like cat trees despite the several hundred dollar price tag.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
1575 posts
798 upvotes
Toronto
Sounds like you want only the BEST couture for your cat

Heres some ideas

Versace Barocco Pet Bowl

I know it says dog bowl, but like you said - is this all dog owners or wtf? This bowl is uni-breed and can be used to spoil both canine and feline

https://palazzocollezioni.com.au/versac ... arocco_332

Only $1128.00

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swarovski-studded Cat Flap

Only $1644.00

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Litter-Robot III Open Air Automatic Self-Cleaning Litter Box

And lucky you I was able to find this one refurbished selling here: http://www.robotshop.com/ca/en/litter-r ... gIhpPD_BwE

Includes free shipping for only $506.99

Oh and a laser works good too
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18179 posts
14179 upvotes
Toronto
my cat enjoys playing with plastic bottle caps....she literally stick handles the things across the hardwood floors, down the stairs etc.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
4843 posts
4378 upvotes
B.C.
seven wrote: - Cat Dancer interactive cat toy (https://www.amazon.com/Cat-Dancer-101-I ... YM6KDZ3MM2)

The cat dancer seems really simple but somehow very entertaining for cats. I wish I had thought about it...
No kidding on the Cat Dancer! We order from Vitacost sometimes and for some reason they sell the Cat Dancer on there. So we got one and the cats went NUTS. I don't know why exactly, possibly the randomness? Plus once the cardboard at the end is gone, you can add other things on there like feathers or more cardboard. So unlike some cat toys, it continues to be a good toy even once the cats have attacked it mercilessly. The price on Amazon.ca ($4.99) is almost twice as much as on Amazon.com and Vitacost. I think $4.99 is a bit much for a bit of rolled-up cardboard on the end of a wire coat hanger..
If I had more time, I would have written a shorter post
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
6617 posts
1014 upvotes
BC
My cat loves anything with a string attached to it... she holds the toy in her paws and pulls the string until it finally comes off. She also loves these big stuffed spiders I bought, she has pulled off all the legs and last I saw an eye was laying on the floor beside it.
That's my 2cents worth
Dec 5, 2009
133 posts
36 upvotes
Guelph
My cat loves this little Hello Kitty candy plush. It comes in a 3-pack from selected Walmart locations.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
3731 posts
1526 upvotes
Woodbridge
A crumpled up piece of aluminum foil and an empty box. My other one loves these small stockings that we had on our tree a few years ago. He would grab them off the tree and bring them to us. Now we keep them out year-round. Every single day he moves them around the house, leaves them on the bed or in various rooms. Makes a big production too. We know when he's got one in his mouth because he's meowing loudly. Adorable.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7949 posts
3608 upvotes
jvnanu wrote: A crumpled up piece of aluminum foil and an empty box.
Mine love those, one will retrieve foil balls like a dog. Also the younger one loves pipe cleaners twisted in to circles or spirals, he bats them around and hides them in closets . Then you open the closet and he darts in to grab them from where he has hidden them.

They also love anything filled with catnip and their honeysuckle sticks. Little known fact, cats love honeysuckle wood.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2542 posts
963 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
+1 for plastic bottle caps. I found like 11 of those last time I vaccumed under the sofa, my cat loves batting those around the floor.

As for those expensive wand toys, my cats love those go cat brand ones.. The bee and their stick toy wild thing. Those damn things break so easily though.
Nov 28, 2007
560 posts
248 upvotes
Etobicoke
I've always been a dog person, but sadly my current life/work situation makes it hard for me to own a dog. So I went for a cat, as they are known to be more independent. Last Oct, I adopted a black cat that was super friendly and cute (always have a soft spot for the black cats as they aren't very popular at shelters) and I think I got a cat dog. She's super needy, follows me everywhere and drags this toy: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00MAGEP5S/ which is the only toy she plays with around.

I shower with the door slightly open because she will meow/cry outside the door if I do not, and she'll drag the toy in with her and wait for me on my bathroom rug. If I'm taking a relaxing bath after a workout or something, I'll swing it around with a free hand from the tub so she can chase/swat at it. She loves the thing so much. It's not built to last sadly, so I had to order replacements and keep a backup handy.

I've tried so many other toys from springs to crinkle ball tinsel things, to feather on a rope and nope, she just wants her rainbow snek.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)