What are your #1 toys for your cat?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 16th, 2018 11:15 pm
Tags:
Dec 5, 2009
102 posts
21 upvotes
Guelph
My cat loves this little Hello Kitty candy plush. It comes in a 3-pack from selected Walmart locations.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
1607 posts
429 upvotes
Woodbridge
A crumpled up piece of aluminum foil and an empty box. My other one loves these small stockings that we had on our tree a few years ago. He would grab them off the tree and bring them to us. Now we keep them out year-round. Every single day he moves them around the house, leaves them on the bed or in various rooms. Makes a big production too. We know when he's got one in his mouth because he's meowing loudly. Adorable.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6519 posts
1244 upvotes
jvnanu wrote:
Jan 21st, 2018 9:35 am
A crumpled up piece of aluminum foil and an empty box.
Mine love those, one will retrieve foil balls like a dog. Also the younger one loves pipe cleaners twisted in to circles or spirals, he bats them around and hides them in closets . Then you open the closet and he darts in to grab them from where he has hidden them.

They also love anything filled with catnip and their honeysuckle sticks. Little known fact, cats love honeysuckle wood.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2014 posts
227 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
+1 for plastic bottle caps. I found like 11 of those last time I vaccumed under the sofa, my cat loves batting those around the floor.

As for those expensive wand toys, my cats love those go cat brand ones.. The bee and their stick toy wild thing. Those damn things break so easily though.
Nov 28, 2007
385 posts
121 upvotes
Etobicoke
I've always been a dog person, but sadly my current life/work situation makes it hard for me to own a dog. So I went for a cat, as they are known to be more independent. Last Oct, I adopted a black cat that was super friendly and cute (always have a soft spot for the black cats as they aren't very popular at shelters) and I think I got a cat dog. She's super needy, follows me everywhere and drags this toy: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00MAGEP5S/ which is the only toy she plays with around.

I shower with the door slightly open because she will meow/cry outside the door if I do not, and she'll drag the toy in with her and wait for me on my bathroom rug. If I'm taking a relaxing bath after a workout or something, I'll swing it around with a free hand from the tub so she can chase/swat at it. She loves the thing so much. It's not built to last sadly, so I had to order replacements and keep a backup handy.

I've tried so many other toys from springs to crinkle ball tinsel things, to feather on a rope and nope, she just wants her rainbow snek.
Sep 12, 2017
116 posts
18 upvotes
LaSalle, Ontario
anvil01 wrote:
Sep 18th, 2017 7:28 pm
What toy does your cat most enjoy and like?
My cat used to love the laser pointer and feather on a string but he got bored of those quickly and now prefers catching live rats, mice, and birds and bringing them home.

He shows no signs of being bored.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
2606 posts
509 upvotes
Toronto
Cereal box
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
This line is heavy..
Jul 12, 2016
330 posts
179 upvotes
Keep your pet entertained and active with one of these fun, stimulating cat toys. From the catnip-filled to tunnels and food mazes and traditional cat posts, you'll find the best cat toy to delight your pet for hours and hours here, whatever your budget. My cat loves, Cat tunnel toy.The tunnel has a peep hole and a hanging toy, and can double up as both a playhouse and shelter. You can encourage curiosity in your cat with this cat tunnel toy.
Mar 3, 2018
22 posts
13 upvotes
Swerny wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 1:45 pm
my cat enjoys playing with plastic bottle caps....she literally stick handles the things across the hardwood floors, down the stairs etc.
Hilarious XD
Have you tried adding catnip to the mix?
Once in a while I'll make my cat have cat nip then chase after a laser pointer XD
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2012
1714 posts
190 upvotes
Canada
the cat I have now like toys stuffed with cat nip
my previous cat liked boxes and strings.
Jan 18, 2017
216 posts
48 upvotes
Anything she can push/throw that makes a noise. She was having fun with a AA battery across the hardwood floors. Bottle cap too.

The feather on a string wand is always a good bet.

Not a toy, but she loves sleeping on different/new surfaces. (sisal rope DIY scratch pad, boxes, rugs, etc)
Banned
Oct 7, 2017
13 posts
6 upvotes
My two cats love a cardboard box! Much more for for whatever reason than actual cat toys!
Banned
Apr 17, 2018
21 posts
1 upvote
Feather sticks, balls and anything with valerian :) He is indifferent to catnip. I like valerian tea so he is having a blast with used teabags.
Jan 24, 2018
86 posts
25 upvotes
too many ppl in this thread are being cheap on toys for their cats. talking about stupid stuff like napkis and bottle caps, wtf? really?

stop being so cheap and spend a few bucks on ur cats enjoyment