What are your #1 toys for your cat?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 6th, 2018 1:56 pm
Tags:
Jun 29, 2015
156 posts
102 upvotes
Canada Eh?
Laser and only laser...anything else she plays with it for 5 minutes and loses interest for the rest of her life. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10591 posts
1260 upvotes
jimmysack wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 1:11 am
too many ppl in this thread are being cheap on toys for their cats. talking about stupid stuff like napkis and bottle caps, wtf? really?

stop being so cheap and spend a few bucks on ur cats enjoyment
It's not about being cheap. When it comes to toys and furniture, cats will play with whatever interest them and sleep where ever they please. I spent probably well over a thousand dollars in toys, feeders, cat trees, and even random stuff they might like. For example, I bought the remote control ball Sphero, but my cats ignored it. I got those activity things and one of them just wants to chase water bottle caps around the house and the other just wants the stare at the bubbles in the humidifier. I got that wifi feeder where you can talk through it and see the room though your phone. But really what's the point when they ignore you when you call for them when you are actually at home? So that was a fail too.
updoot wrote:
Jun 24th, 2018 12:57 pm
My Cat is kind of lazy so I usually get stuff for her to lounge on:

Ikea Lurving Pet Bed
I'm temped... I know they won't use it, yet somehow, it'll be covered in cat hair, but I used to have the Ikea... er... human version of that couch. Maybe if they had a white or beige version, but not black.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
2875 posts
1248 upvotes
Vancouver
So I've had my cat for 1 week now (5-year old cat adopted from shelter). I've spent quite a bit buying random stuff (toys, water fountain, scratching post, beds, etc) and she won't touch any of them. The ONLY thing she uses is this: https://www.amazon.ca/Cat-Dancer-Produc ... 007VPFC8C/ and she LOVES it. I spent 2 or 3 hours playing with her yesterday with this toy only and she still wanted to play more. She woke me up at 6:30am today (an hour earlier than usual) so I thought she was hungry, nope, it turns out she wanted to play! Is it normal for her to play this long with the same toy? My last cat would get bored of any toy within 5 minutes!