Food & Drink

What is your favourite pre-made pizza dough?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2019 7:39 pm
[OP]
Oct 1, 2013
671 posts
589 upvotes

What is your favourite pre-made pizza dough?

I've been trying to make my own dough but i need a break because i haven't been satisfied with the results. What are you recommended pre-made pizza doughs?
9 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
3713 posts
1324 upvotes
Mississauga
I buy mine at Loblaw’s. The generically branded stuff usually found in the bakery section.
Oct 10, 2004
780 posts
121 upvotes
Winnipeg
OP, you should let us know where you are. I like the 00 pizza dough at Deluca's here in Winnipeg. Makes for a good pizza in my Roccbox.
[OP]
Oct 1, 2013
671 posts
589 upvotes
velomane wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 5:56 pm
OP, you should let us know where you are. I like the 00 pizza dough at Deluca's here in Winnipeg. Makes for a good pizza in my Roccbox.
Good point. I live in BC but I travel across Canada for work so I would rather have a list for national recommendations.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
4191 posts
813 upvotes
Regina
i like using pitas for that soft chewy crackery texture when it is cooked
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
7379 posts
1572 upvotes
Mississauga
I use naan and make personal sized pizzas.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Jan 15, 2010
150 posts
14 upvotes
Mississauga
I used to buy pizza dough from a local bakery but it closed so I've started making my own. I use Type 00 flour which is available in more and more grocery stores.

Here are a couple of recipes that maybe you haven't seen before - they produce great results for me:

http://www.italianfoodforever.com/2010/ ... zza-dough/

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/201 ... ecipe.html
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2681 posts
544 upvotes
Mississauga
I buy it from Adonis and its the dough they use for their store baked manakeesh.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
6164 posts
1616 upvotes
Markham
dealxtremeleecher wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 5:35 pm
I've been trying to make my own dough but i need a break because i haven't been satisfied with the results. What are you recommended pre-made pizza doughs?
What recipes have you tried.....have you tried Lahey's no knead pizza dough. I find doughs are usually best with more hydration vs less. Oh and let your dough rest overnight in the fridge

Perhaps your doughs are great because of cooking method? Get yourself a baking steel and bake at high heat.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!