Fashion & Beauty

What is your favourite shop to get mens dress shoes (besides Aldo)??

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2016 1:11 pm
Jul 21, 2016
171 posts
8 upvotes

What is your favourite shop to get mens dress shoes (besides Aldo)??

Hi there,

Now that Black Friday is coming up, can anyone share the best shoe shop (for men) in Toronto/ Ontario?

I've been to Aldo, but they dont have the exact kind of shoe I am looking for.

Please enlighten...
13 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Best shoe shop? Leatherfoot. But it's also probably also the most expensive
Last edited by nasa25 on Nov 22nd, 2016 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Jul 22, 2008
17 posts
5 upvotes
If you're looking for an upgrade/investment type of shoe that lasts longer than a year, can be resoled and isn't glued together, I would recommend checking out the following niche retailers in Toronto and going Goodyear welted...

LeatherFoot (High-end luxury) - http://www.leatherfoot.com
- Edward Green and Crockett and Jones (England), Carmina (Spain) and Alden (USA)
- Most Goodyear welted
- Store near Yorkville
- Prices $600 - $2000

DapperTiq (Mid-tier) - https://www.dappertiq.com
- British designs and made in England
- All Goodyear welted
- Online retailer only but they're based in Toronto
- Prices $350 - $425 (Currently running launch offer of $100 off).

Loding (Entry level) - www.loding.ca
- French designs and made in Spain
- Goodyear welted and Blake
- Store in Yorkville and First Canadian Place
- Prices $330

Good luck with the search!
Nov 21, 2016
1 posts
1 upvote
I just checked the Bay flyer for their black friday sales and its amazing I advice you to check it out!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2005
6565 posts
2095 upvotes
akstsx wrote: DapperTiq (Mid-tier) - https://www.dappertiq.com
- All Goodyear welted
Ridiculous that they only offer full sizes only.
Jul 22, 2008
17 posts
5 upvotes
I also forgot to share that you might want to check out Ralph Lauren (Crockett and Jones), J Crew (Alfred Sargent) and Brooks Brothers (Edward Green) for their line of shoes that are made in England. All very good quality English shoes.

I never liked the styles they put on sale but you can sometimes find the occasional deal around this time to the new year.

I was going to recommend Allen Edmonds because they always go on sale on the U.S. side but their quality of craftsmanship has gone downhill.
mebiuspower wrote: Ridiculous that they only offer full sizes only.
Agreed, but it's very hard to find quality Goodyear welted shoe's in Toronto altogether unless you're happy to spend $600+.
Jul 21, 2016
171 posts
8 upvotes
Let me rephrase the question " Where can I find a good shoe store in Kitchener Waterloo? (besides Aldo)..."
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
This thing called the internet allows you to buy whatever you want from wherever you want. The last probably 20 pairs of shoes I've purchased were via online sources. Don't limit yourself to local in store purchases
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
Aug 5, 2008
500 posts
350 upvotes
akstsx wrote: If you're looking for an upgrade/investment type of shoe that lasts longer than a year, can be resoled and isn't glued together, I would recommend checking out the following niche retailers in Toronto and going Goodyear welted...

LeatherFoot (High-end luxury) - http://www.leatherfoot.com
- Edward Green and Crockett and Jones (England), Carmina (Spain) and Alden (USA)
- Most Goodyear welted
- Store near Yorkville
- Prices $600 - $2000

DapperTiq (Mid-tier) - https://www.dappertiq.com
- All Goodyear welted

Loding (Entry level) - www.loding.ca
- French designs and made in Spain
- Goodyear welted and Blake
- Store in Yorkville and First Canadian Place
- Prices $330

Good luck with the search!
+1 for Loding (can't afford Edward Greens). Look great and they haven't creased as bad as my Allen Edmonds. Prices in the FCP one went up recently though - I think they are $375 now.
Jul 21, 2016
171 posts
8 upvotes
nasa25 wrote: This thing called the internet allows you to buy whatever you want from wherever you want. The last probably 20 pairs of shoes I've purchased were via online sources. Don't limit yourself to local in store purchases
Which stores do you buy shoes from? and how you know if it fits?
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Istillwanttodoit wrote: Which stores do you buy shoes from? and how you know if it fits?
For fit I do research and see whether or not the brand and model typically fits big or small. I use my Nike running shoe size as a benchmark.

As for stores, shoeme, Allan Edmonds, red wing, etc. depends on what you want. I also cop off of Grailed.
Jul 22, 2008
17 posts
5 upvotes
nasa25 wrote: This thing called the internet allows you to buy whatever you want from wherever you want. The last probably 20 pairs of shoes I've purchased were via online sources. Don't limit yourself to local in store purchases
I agree and half my shoes have been ordered online too. With easy shipping, return or exchanges... Plus, you don't have to deal with lack of service most of the retail stores give...
Jul 22, 2008
17 posts
5 upvotes
j4y-T wrote: +1 for Loding (can't afford Edward Greens). Look great and they haven't creased as bad as my Allen Edmonds. Prices in the FCP one went up recently though - I think they are $375 now.
Thanks for providing most recent price. I didn't know they went up but that's quite the jump.
Feb 26, 2009
759 posts
131 upvotes
Club Monaco carries some Allen Edmonds shoes.

They currently have 35% off and AE is included.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)