None
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11081 posts
1507 upvotes
Toronto
azndoughboi wrote:
Jun 27th, 2017 4:01 pm
Celebrity Hot Pot got dinged and received a Conditional pass with 8 infractions, ouch!

http://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2017/06 ... -cumbraes/
Operator fail to properly wash surfaces in rooms Minor Notice to Comply, assess on re-inspection
If they mean the tables, I'm very much shocked!
They always bent over backwards to make sure the tables are extra clean.
If they mean the floor, hey? No surprise there!! I was beginning to wonder if they even know what a mop is!!

JUNE 26, 2017, GREEN PASS sign was granted The place is safe to go to once again to eat at.

However, word of caution: One has to wonder how the (men's) washroom got a green pass. Lately it's always very smelly in there.

Sadly, it looks like one of their competitors across the street is permanently closed. RIP Master mix hot pot. You will be missed for your self serve options and your low price...lower than CHP.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11081 posts
1507 upvotes
Toronto
Sichuan Ren Hot Pot is opening soon right next door to Morals Village Hot Pot in Toronto's Chinatown!!
Talk about nerve eh? lol
http://www.sichuanren.ca/

It's been a while since I visited the location in North York, so I honestly can't remember if I like or dislike the place.
I'll be sure to give it a chance when it opens.
Nov 29, 2015
73 posts
4 upvotes
Can anyone recommend 'buffet-style' (where you pick your own food as supposed to ordering them) hot pot restaurants near Richmond Hill area? Looking to introduce some novices to hot pot. More foreigner friendly the better. We usually go to the Little Sheep in Scarborough but it would be nice if we can find a place nearby. We've been to Hipot and Kim Tao recently and neither were very impressive.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11081 posts
1507 upvotes
Toronto
yodelh wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2017 6:27 pm
Can anyone recommend 'buffet-style' (where you pick your own food as supposed to ordering them) hot pot restaurants near Richmond Hill area? Looking to introduce some novices to hot pot. More foreigner friendly the better. We usually go to the Little Sheep in Scarborough but it would be nice if we can find a place nearby. We've been to Hipot and Kim Tao recently and neither were very impressive.
At this time, the question might be...is anyone doing self serve besides the Scarborough Mongolian sheep Hot pot?
It looks like Mastermix Hot pot in Downtown Toronto's Chinatown is not in any big rush to go back in business any time soon. (for reasons unknown)
May 1, 2007
110 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
playnicee1 wrote:
Jun 29th, 2017 4:50 am
RIP Master mix hot pot. You will be missed for your self serve options and your low price...
Master Mix was my "go to" spot for hot pot. I would eat there 2-3 times per month in the winter. Too bad - I really liked that place.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11081 posts
1507 upvotes
Toronto
rjp123 wrote:
Jul 28th, 2017 4:55 pm
Master Mix was my "go to" spot for hot pot. I would eat there 2-3 times per month in the winter. Too bad - I really liked that place.
I'm told the restaurant is up for sale...god only knows what will become of the place, especially with so many Hot Pot places close by to compete with now,
including the newest one, Sichuan Ren. (opening soon, modeling after their North York location)
Hopefully someone will see an opportunity to do self serve, low price in that area soon. That would be nice.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1407 posts
481 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Jul 31st, 2017 5:17 am
Where do you go now?
haven't gone to hot pot in ages, when I do now my friends usually pick a place that they rave is amazing (usually 9/10 its not)
I'd ask them for you but chances are it'll be crap

I usually yelp/dine safe check al the places they reccomend we go to, it all fails and I still go just because they want to
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11081 posts
1507 upvotes
Toronto
toronto19850 wrote:
Jul 31st, 2017 12:11 pm
haven't gone to hot pot in ages, when I do now my friends usually pick a place that they rave is amazing (usually 9/10 its not)
I'd ask them for you but chances are it'll be crap

I usually yelp/dine safe check al the places they reccomend we go to, it all fails and I still go just because they want to
It's interesting because Little Pig Hot pot is now closed, but it's not a "renovation" sign in the door window.
The sign reads "Closed for innovation"
I think the whole plaza is being torn down.
There is a sign on Midland avenue (at entrance to plaza) that reads "Coming soon condos" with a pic hinting that it will be very tall.
If they can't build tall, they'll most likely get the go ahead to build some sort of shorter condo there.

Meanwhile, Liuyishou hot pot is now open @ Midland and Finch (on Finch)
They do have special pots with 3 sections instead of just two but that place is still more expensive than Morals village Hot Pot.
Mar 17, 2006
544 posts
58 upvotes
Markham
Dogwater wrote:
Apr 7th, 2017 11:53 am
New hot pot restaurant outside Market Village (where Mongolian Grill & Yamamoto AYCE used to be)- near Pacific Mall

https://www.yelp.ca/biz/spicy-hotpot-markham
Tried to go here yesterday but it was closed for good it seems. It didn't even last more than 4 months!

The upcoming teardown of Market Village might have something to do with its closing. I hear all stores have to vacate by Oct. or something (not sure if the ones outside are affected.)
Jul 25, 2017
1 posts
Montreal
I really love the hot pot, but it seems that there isn't delicious one in Montreal. Recommended for that.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1407 posts
481 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Jul 31st, 2017 1:20 pm
It's interesting because Little Pig Hot pot is now closed, but it's not a "renovation" sign in the door window.
The sign reads "Closed for innovation"
I think the whole plaza is being torn down.
There is a sign on Midland avenue (at entrance to plaza) that reads "Coming soon condos" with a pic hinting that it will be very tall.
If they can't build tall, they'll most likely get the go ahead to build some sort of shorter condo there.

Meanwhile, Liuyishou hot pot is now open @ Midland and Finch (on Finch)
They do have special pots with 3 sections instead of just two but that place is still more expensive than Morals village Hot Pot.
mhmm interesting, will have to wait and see to find out
May 1, 2007
110 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
lylz2000 wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 9:26 am
I really love the hot pot, but it seems that there isn't delicious one in Montreal. Recommended for that.
Little Sheep in Montreal Chinatown is my go-to when I am in Montreal.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11081 posts
1507 upvotes
Toronto
rjp123 wrote:
Jul 28th, 2017 4:55 pm
20170802_193838.jpg
Looks like there's more to the story for the closing of Master Mix Hot Pot.
When they originally closed they had a green sign and you could still buy Bubble tea from street level or also go downstairs to shoot some pool, if desired.
Now the whole building top to bottom has been forced to close, Bubble tea, (street level) pool hall (downstairs) and all!!
WOW! I wonder what went wrong?
The red sign suggests that the restaurant (upstairs) was forced to close, even though it already closed long before now.
(note the "pass" date last February.)
I hope no one got sick drinking a bubble tea from there, lol...if that was any part of the problem.
(note the "pass" date from last March...this place had no yellow warning...it's just GONE!!)
20170802_193853.jpg

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)