Food & Drink

What is on your shopping list for Costco?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2019 7:34 pm
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6676 posts
1343 upvotes
Has anybody spotted Stilton cheese yet this season? None at my store and I'm sure it's always in stock by now.

Noticed today in the fresh fish bunker, wooden crates of Beausoleil oysters. Think it's 18 count for $19.99. I've never previously seen fresh oysters at Costco.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9759 posts
4084 upvotes
Ottawa
Dogwater wrote:
Nov 30th, 2015 11:21 pm
Any interesting products in the Christmas gifts food section?

The usual ones are Kirkland Walker tin can shortbread cookies, truffles from France, Italian tin can Roma cookie box, Icy Squares, etc

I saw a pic of a package of macarons dessert.

Any other cookie, chocolate or dessert product that stood out?
Thanks for any info or pics!
Yeah that pack of macaroons in the cooler is apparently amazing. I can't justify $19.99 for a box of 30 or so twonie sized macaroons.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2048 posts
323 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
I picked up the ginger cookies in the bakery section yesterday $7.99 for 25 big cookies, a steal at that price. They are really good, and they were so fresh, really nice to have with a cup of tea.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3810 posts
355 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
Has anybody used the Kirkland laundry pods? If so, how well do they clean and is it a nice scent?
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6676 posts
1343 upvotes
Typhoonz wrote:
Dec 7th, 2015 1:01 am
Has anybody used the Kirkland laundry pods? If so, how well do they clean and is it a nice scent?
I've been using them for about a year. Good price, good product, clean as well as any other product I've tried. Very nice scent, mild and innocuous. Not overwhelming like some laundry products currently. Very highly recommended.

I know this is the Food and Drink forum so will mention the real baby carrots. $4.99 for about 25 of them. These are delicious, so much nicer than big carrots that can be bitter, woody and tasteless. We've been glazing them with maple sugar or butter, lemon and parsley. These are so delicious that they are easy to include in dinner 3 or 4 days per week. Definitely "on my list".
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
19362 posts
5573 upvotes
Who was the genius that decided to pull the Beef Better than Bullion and replace it with Vegetable?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 18, 2009
5017 posts
543 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
Typhoonz wrote:
Dec 7th, 2015 1:01 am
A Kirkland pod produces only a bit of suds on my small loads, but I use 2 with larger or extra dirty loads.

Packard
Ask the man who owns one!
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2011
1879 posts
527 upvotes
Edmonton
death_hawk wrote:
Dec 7th, 2015 2:04 am
Who was the genius that decided to pull the Beef Better than Bullion and replace it with Vegetable?
Wait, what?

I mean, complement the selection and have all three varieties if they must, but don't axe beef.

I'm going to have to see if they still have them here and stock up. Sure, real broth is better but these things are great in a pinch.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
19362 posts
5573 upvotes
Skadefryd wrote:
Dec 7th, 2015 11:48 am
Wait, what?

I mean, complement the selection and have all three varieties if they must, but don't axe beef.

I'm going to have to see if they still have them here and stock up. Sure, real broth is better but these things are great in a pinch.
That's basically my attitude. It's better than the powdered stuff.
Also it's now organic as well. I hate that Costco is shifting everything to organic.
Some things aren't bad since they seem to buy enough that it makes pricing similar but other things are just out of whack.

I should write a complaint to Costco asking why they axed the beef.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3810 posts
355 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
bonterra wrote:
Dec 7th, 2015 1:19 am
I've been using them for about a year. Good price, good product, clean as well as any other product I've tried. Very nice scent, mild and innocuous. Not overwhelming like some laundry products currently. Very highly recommended.

I know this is the Food and Drink forum so will mention the real baby carrots. $4.99 for about 25 of them. These are delicious, so much nicer than big carrots that can be bitter, woody and tasteless. We've been glazing them with maple sugar or butter, lemon and parsley. These are so delicious that they are easy to include in dinner 3 or 4 days per week. Definitely "on my list".
Thanks. Any issues with the pods dissolving ability? I've read some complaints about that.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6676 posts
1343 upvotes
Typhoonz wrote:
Dec 7th, 2015 1:37 pm
Thanks. Any issues with the pods dissolving ability? I've read some complaints about that.
Nope. They dissolve very well in the laundry, never any remnants of pods or anything like that. But I have an old style washer, not high efficiency or front loader or anything.

If anything, they dissolve so well that sometimes a couple of them will start dissolving in the container and stick together.

BTW, Costco has a very nice Samsung top-loading washer and dryer on discount, was $599.99 a piece, now $524.99. The tub size on the washer is 5.1. I was going to post on "Hot Deals" but I didn't note the model number etc. etc,.

I'm wondering if the modern washers and driers might be so much more efficient than my old ones that the energy/water savings might offset the cost of buying the new appliances.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3810 posts
355 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
bonterra wrote:
Dec 7th, 2015 2:00 pm
Nope. They dissolve very well in the laundry, never any remnants of pods or anything like that. But I have an old style washer, not high efficiency or front loader or anything.

If anything, they dissolve so well that sometimes a couple of them will start dissolving in the container and stick together.

BTW, Costco has a very nice Samsung washer and dryer on discount, was $599.99 a piece, now $524.99. The tub size on the washer is 5.1. I was going to post on "Hot Deals" but I didn't note the model number etc. etc,.

I'm wondering if the modern washers and driers might be so much more efficient than my old ones that the energy/water savings might offset the cost of buying the new appliances.
Awesome, thank you. I'll pick up a tub next time I'm there.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 18, 2009
5017 posts
543 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
bonterra wrote:
Dec 7th, 2015 2:00 pm

BTW, Costco has a very nice Samsung top-loading washer and dryer on discount, was $599.99 a piece, now $524.99. The tub size on the washer is 5.1. I was going to post on "Hot Deals" but I didn't note the model number etc. etc,.

I went back to a conventional Whirlpool top loader 4 years ago, after my Amana HE tumbler failed just past warranty. Water is inexpensive to me, and I don't go over the minimum charge unless I leave a garden hose on accidentally. The minimum charge is $33/month for water and sewage, YMMV. My gas dryer is still good after approx. 40 years. If it ever fails I'll look for an old used gas dryer, as the new appliances seem to be built cheaply.

Packard
Ask the man who owns one!
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
4191 posts
814 upvotes
Regina
anybody else realize that they do not have the 24-48 packs of chocolate bars?…just have the mixed 18 packs available…also haven't carried 50 pack boxes of chips for 12.99 since before easter (found i in rcss for the same price). i buy for my work canteen

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)