Food & Drink

What is on your shopping list for Costco?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2020 1:50 am
Dec 14, 2010
449 posts
136 upvotes
slowtyper wrote: Anyone see oysters at etobicoke or scarborough costco?
Within the last two weeks I've been to the Markham, Scarborough, and Etobicoke Costco's. I remember seeing them at one of the Costoc's, just not sure which one.. :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
8840 posts
4052 upvotes
Markham
berieberie wrote: Within the last two weeks I've been to the Markham, Scarborough, and Etobicoke Costco's. I remember seeing them at one of the Costoc's, just not sure which one.. :lol:
Saw it yesterday at Costco Woodbine/Hwy7
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8372 posts
2337 upvotes
Mississauga
I saw oysters at Dixie/dundas, in the little wooden boxes (if those are the same ones everyone is raving about)..
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 18, 2009
5017 posts
545 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
Raggie wrote: I saw oysters at Dixie/dundas, in the little wooden boxes (if those are the same ones everyone is raving about)..
The upper rank Loblaw , Superstore, Independent usually have crates of PEI oysters in December.They are a good buy at$20.
Can anyone compare these to Costco's?

Packard
Ask the man who owns one!
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6772 posts
1437 upvotes
Raggie wrote: I saw oysters at Dixie/dundas, in the little wooden boxes (if those are the same ones everyone is raving about)..
Yup, the ones in wooden crates are really good. They also have the pre-shucked jars of oysters that look like a different brand than they had last season.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6772 posts
1437 upvotes
jayt90 wrote: The upper rank Loblaw , Superstore, Independent usually have crates of PEI oysters in December.They are a good buy at$20.
Can anyone compare these to Costco's?
I've seen the same crates at Independent, on special this week at $19.99. At my Superstore they usually have the boxes of 33 for $21.99. These are much plumper than the boxes. Metro sometimes has the boxes for $13.99. Their special this week is 99 cents an oyster.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8372 posts
2337 upvotes
Mississauga
I bought the Plaisirs Gastronomiques Tourtiere, and will cook it tomorrow.

I also bought the Greek Yogurt Jalapeño dip (they were sampling it today). I have a bunch of chips at home so will use it as chip dip.

Also, I bought the Brookside dark chocolate covered berries in the little packets ($3 off). They are just okay. I'm looking for ones that have multigrain and berries in it which are so good...

I'm looking for these Brookside if anyone knows where to get them:
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11023 posts
1110 upvotes
bonterra wrote: Yes there is a shortage.

http://www.freshplaza.com/article/14899 ... o-December

Looks like the same causes as the wild blueberry shortage in northern Ontario that led to our summer of being overrun by bears looking for food. First summer ever that a wild blueberry pie cost me $40 to bake.
I really like this website, thanks! Very interested in this kind of news that I never knew thought to look up.
Dec 13, 2015
19 posts
4 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
How are these oysters? Quality? Taste? Price?
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6772 posts
1437 upvotes
They're still bringing in those oysters, best "Best Before" date today was Dec. 31. Bought a few more boxes.

Christmas decor is either gone, or discounted. And they're bringing in exercise equipment. Lol! Strings of 100 LED multi-colour lights $9.97.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2012
1075 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
Costco now has the red lobster cheddar bay bisquit mix, i just noticed it

$8.89 and is 4 packs of 10

I buy all the time from US wally world and its $1.25 or $2 IIRC, makes a serving of 10

Extremely good and delicious!!!
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2006
2509 posts
243 upvotes
Whitby
Tdotmale wrote: Costco now has the red lobster cheddar bay bisquit mix, i just noticed it

I buy all the time from US wally world and its $1.25 or $2 IIRC, makes a serving of 10

They sell a massive box of Bisquick. Pick one of those up, add some grated cheddar to the recipe and brush with garlic butter and dried parsley when finished. Much more economical.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 18, 2009
5017 posts
545 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
Tdotmale wrote: Costco now has the red lobster cheddar bay bisquit mix, i just noticed it

I tried this and feel completely ripped off! The box has 4 envelopes of a BisQuick type mix, and small packets of a herb-garlic topping that do not smell like herbs or garlic.

The bisquits are rich, to be sure, because at your expense and inconvenience, you add 1/3 cup cheddar, and 1/3 cup butter to each batch. You can do the same with BisQuick, and pay a lot less than $9. Probably less than $3.

Packard
Ask the man who owns one!
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2012
1075 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
^ even if you use bisquick you'll still have to add cheddar and butter and oil. I really like the warm biscuits from Red Lobster, the best item they have there.