Food & Drink

What is on your shopping list for Costco?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2024 6:59 pm
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
angryaudifanatic wrote: A Wagyu burger is, for me, like Wagyu steak in many ways. It's really good, but it's "too" rich to enjoy a lot of it. After eating a Wagyu burger, I usually am grinning ear to ear, but I feel exhausted after 5 minutes and I feel guilty as a kid caught with her hand in the candy jar...
I'm definitely no stranger to the meat based nap.
Especially a fat enhanced meat based nap.
There is no way I can handle more than 1 wagyu burger. It's really fatty (and good), but it just takes a lot out of a person.
Challenge accepted.
Unsure if you've had a wagyu (A5 or whatever) steak. It's the same thing for me....great when eating it, but can't eat a lot of it and feel half dead afterwards....artery clogging dead :)
Yeah... it's definitely a different animal than a regular steak.
I can usually eat 2-3lbs of regular steak but even 8oz is a bit much.

Even yesterday I had some back ribs that had a RIDICULOUS amount of marbling on them. Like I want to find the rest of the pig because it was marvelous.
I basically fell asleep with a rib in my hand.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43249 upvotes
ONTARIO
Verry Cherry Plums will be sold by Costco starting late next week, I read. I love these little fruits so can't wait to stock up!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
jackie999 wrote: I see this week the Kirkland Signature Moist Flushable wipes on sale. I prefer to pickup in the warehouse - anyone seen them there of do I need to order?
I can't guarantee stock, but I have seen them in store in the past.
If you're concerned, take the item number, call them, and ask about stock.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Manchego cheese is back at my local Costco!
Great success!!!

I posted a review and photos of this cheese, earlier in the thread.
Link to review: Post #4328
Last edited by Jucius Maximus on Aug 18th, 2019 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2007
2758 posts
858 upvotes
Whitby
I stopped the Costco Business Centre to pick up a AAAbrisket ($10/kg - great deal) and picked up this 3.78L of jalapenos for $4.89 - couldn't resist.
Images
  • imageService.jpg
It's pronounced Throat Wobbler Mangrove
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2015
2045 posts
918 upvotes
Elgin, ON
When are hockey sticks back?

I think they made their way to stores around this time last year.
Last edited by rkjredflag on Aug 1st, 2019 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
2733 posts
3964 upvotes
I saw hockey bags this week, so the sticks, pucks, tape, nets and more can't be too far behind.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2007
1865 posts
1262 upvotes
GTA
I couldn't find Boom Chicka Pop at the Mississauga Heartland Costco today. Anyone know if they have discontinued it?
Feb 14, 2004
236 posts
43 upvotes
Delta, BC
kasm wrote: I couldn't find Boom Chicka Pop at the Mississauga Heartland Costco today. Anyone know if they have discontinued it?
They are still available in Vancouver as of last week.
Speaking of chickapopboom, this is worth listening to understand how the company was created. So unbelievable.

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/23/74452439 ... an-bastian
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3309 posts
761 upvotes
Aurora, ON
rkjredflag wrote: When are hockey sticks back?

I think they made their way to stores around this time last year.
Saw hockey sticks in Newmarket costco today ....
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2015
2045 posts
918 upvotes
Elgin, ON
jackie999 wrote: Saw hockey sticks in Newmarket costco today ....
I did not see them in St Catharines today.

In any case, I decided not to wait, and picked up a stick at Sport Chek with discounted gift card + Friends and Family.

Thanks for letting me know anyway. Out of curiosity, did you notice what kind of sticks they have this year?
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43249 upvotes
ONTARIO
Does anyone know if it's possible to buy the creamy cilantro lime dressing you get with the kirkland signature chicken taco kits on it's own anywhere? It's so good! I want to buy it by the bottle.

It's the one in this picture here:
Dec 7, 2018
115 posts
50 upvotes
BobSagget wrote: Does anyone know if it's possible to buy the creamy cilantro lime dressing you get with the kirkland signature chicken taco kits on it's own anywhere? It's so good! I want to buy it by the bottle.

That looks delicious! Where do they keep the prepared foods like that?
Fortune favours the bold...
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43249 upvotes
ONTARIO
TheKiwiCornelius wrote: That looks delicious! Where do they keep the prepared foods like that?
at the kirkland signature deli where they have keep the other prepared meals.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
6413 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA
BobSagget wrote: Does anyone know if it's possible to buy the creamy cilantro lime dressing you get with the kirkland signature chicken taco kits on it's own anywhere? It's so good! I want to buy it by the bottle.

Here's the Costco recipe for their Cilantro Lime Shrimp Tacos and Cilantro Lime Crema

if you care to make it yourself?

Not sure if same recipe, as crema may be thinner, however, you can add more sour cream if you want it thicker in texture.

Mmm, now am hungry and want to make both. lol

p.s. thanks for posting pic!
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Anyone notice those new 'compostable' bags in the Costco meat department?

I tried to bag up a hot rotisserie chicken, and the bag MELTED to the chicken's container. Not only that, the bags are super-weak and tear easily.

I complained about it and was told it was due to the legislation against single-use plastics, and Costco is paying MORE to use these new bags.
What a waste of time. Meat products already come on a single-use tray covered with single-use plastic. And what is it that the chickens come in again?
Total fail. This issue is something that would actually make me run to the polls and vote.

Image:
- casual gastronomist -
Jun 2, 2012
329 posts
319 upvotes
NORTH YORK
The packaged meat sometimes leak, as do the packages of fresh fish. The bags are handy for containing any leaking raw meat juices. They also have paper towels right there too if you get anything that leaks. I’ve handled many a leaky package of meat at all retailers.

I like the change. I also don’t rely on Costco having bags and come prepared with bags in the trunk if I need to put anything inside one. I also found it ridiculous when people would try to use the prior iteration of these meat juice bags to bag up their Costco groceries...

You can also easily find an empty box to put your chicken on in your cart.

Not sure why you are complaining about a retailer providing higher quality, environmentally friendly bags for free?

And as a side note, THIS is the issue that would get you off your a$$ to vote? Seriously?
May 28, 2012
12484 posts
5278 upvotes
Saskatoon
Jucius Maximus wrote: Anyone notice those new 'compostable' bags in the Costco meat department?

I tried to bag up a hot rotisserie chicken, and the bag MELTED to the chicken's container. Not only that, the bags are super-weak and tear easily.

I complained about it and was told it was due to the legislation against single-use plastics, and Costco is paying MORE to use these new bags.
What a waste of time. Meat products already come on a single-use tray covered with single-use plastic. And what is it that the chickens come in again?
Total fail. This issue is something that would actually make me run to the polls and vote.
I hate those compostable bags. I recycled the old ones to bag my homemade bread and these new ones dry the bread out.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)