Food & Drink

What is on your shopping list for Costco?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2024 6:59 pm
May 28, 2012
12484 posts
5278 upvotes
Saskatoon
profile wrote: Can you still take your own bags into Costco?
You can but the packers won't use them to pack your groceries. I was at the u-scan the other day and the attendant told me to pack my groceries in the car. I had a couple of large plastic baskets so was able to pack a few items at the terminal but rest were just loose in my cart. The receipt checkers didn't scrutinize my order, even though I had a few items already packed.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2007
1865 posts
1262 upvotes
GTA
With long wait times getting in, when is the best time to visit Costco? Is there a cut off time at the end of the day? For example if they close at 8:30pm, do they stop people from lining up at 7:30pm?
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12614 posts
2318 upvotes
kasm wrote: With long wait times getting in, when is the best time to visit Costco? Is there a cut off time at the end of the day? For example if they close at 8:30pm, do they stop people from lining up at 7:30pm?
Seems really hit or miss. I've heard early evenings would be good but I went and it was still a long wait. Staff I asked said its pretty much busy all day. Go very early but you'll still wait if you don't get in on the first wave. They do monitor how long the line is and close it at a certain point. I saw people start getting turned away around 720pm last week at one location.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
6617 posts
1014 upvotes
BC
profile wrote: Can you still take your own bags into Costco?
Our store is asking you to keep them in your car and pack groceries there when you are done. The people who have bags are asked to put them on the bottom of the buggy and to not take them out in the store.

We have a cooler bag and 2 clever crates we keep in the car.. always have, never take them in the store.
That's my 2cents worth
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12347 posts
5403 upvotes
Keelie wrote: Our store is asking you to keep them in your car and pack groceries there when you are done. The people who have bags are asked to put them on the bottom of the buggy and to not take them out in the store.

We have a cooler bag and 2 clever crates we keep in the car.. always have, never take them in the store.
Do you know why?
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
6617 posts
1014 upvotes
BC
blexann wrote: Do you know why?
My guess would be because the people working there do not want to touch them or have any of the products they have to touch, touching the bags?
That's my 2cents worth
Deal Addict
May 8, 2003
1864 posts
6078 upvotes
Toronto
Hygiene and security?
Although there were staff at the exit last week they were not checking receipts. Perhaps they prefer to observe what is leaving the store vs. it being hidden in bags.
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
It's obvious. Bags are disgusting. People take them into their homes and NEVER cleans them. The reusable bag trend is probably one of the worst fads within the last couple of years. I can stand by the plastic crates. Costco is doing it right with the extra cardboard boxes.
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12347 posts
5403 upvotes
vivibaby wrote: It's obvious. Bags are disgusting. People take them into their homes and NEVER cleans them. The reusable bag trend is probably one of the worst fads within the last couple of years. I can stand by the plastic crates. Costco is doing it right with the extra cardboard boxes.
What does that have to do with the corono virus ?
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Aug 23, 2014
478 posts
264 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
blexann wrote: What does that have to do with the corono virus ?
I guess they think those bags can carry the virus into the store. I was at Loblaws today they also do not allow customers to bring reusable bags inside.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7949 posts
3608 upvotes
Costco has large bags of the Collision Doritos Limited Edition. The ones that are blue cheese and buffalo wing combination.
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12347 posts
5403 upvotes
Jedi14 wrote: I guess they think those bags can carry the virus into the store. I was at Loblaws today they also do not allow customers to bring reusable bags inside.
It's not all Costco's though so not coming from corporate. Most aren't even wearing masks and we are worried about re-usable bags.
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
27438 posts
6807 upvotes
Was in the Kingston Costco 2 days ago and they had prime brisket for sale. Was about $50 for a large brisket.
Complete YMMV, but other stores may have them as well right now.
Feb 12, 2017
89 posts
71 upvotes
bonterra wrote: Costco has large bags of the Collision Doritos Limited Edition. The ones that are blue cheese and buffalo wing combination.
That's awesome. Did you see the Doritos Collisions Habanero & Guacamole flavour by any chance?
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
27438 posts
6807 upvotes
bonterra wrote: Costco has large bags of the Collision Doritos Limited Edition. The ones that are blue cheese and buffalo wing combination.
Damn, was just there the other day but didn't go into the chip aisle at all. Wish I had.
Now if only Doritos would bring back their guacamole chips
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2012
1038 posts
1007 upvotes
London, ON
13inches wrote: Skillet gnocchi (filled with cheese), holy crap that stuff is good.
I both love and hate you for this cosign- these are so good, I’m going to have to work hard to avoid buying them each and every time. Wow. So simple and delicious!
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
2732 posts
3964 upvotes
stilltippin wrote: I both love and hate you for this cosign- these are so good, I’m going to have to work hard to avoid buying them each and every time. Wow. So simple and delicious!
Now finish them with a toss in butter, sprinkle some cayenne, and shave a touch of parmigiano on top.

You're welcome! Face With Tears Of Joy
Jul 27, 2009
117 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Keep trying to find these again but no longer being offered at my local Costco.... Same with those Dunn Dill pickle chips
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4782 posts
1326 upvotes
Richmond
milolai wrote: i actually buy very little from costco because it's only two of us in our home -- and most of the stuff goes bad (or we get bored of it) before it can be finished -- so we'd save no money

I think costco caters more to an obese suburban family
Depends on what you buy. They are the cheapest in good honey.
Dec 11, 2004
202 posts
4 upvotes
Angel Girl wrote: Frozen bakery items. We've started a group buy at work so I'm gonna go through my freezer tomorrow and make room! ^_^
I know there are chocolate chip cookies and croissants and I can see the price on the business centre site. Are there other items that we can buy frozen? I never got a chance to go ask around since I learned about it after covid got started.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)