Food & Drink

What is on your shopping list for Costco?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 28th, 2017 11:08 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
3439 posts
332 upvotes
Toronto
aqnd wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2017 1:29 pm
These have appeared at my local costco now - worth the money?
Anyone else have them?
I like how they can basically be 'auto opened' by holding the top and giving them a shake.
Well worth it. I used to use cardboard boxes in the trunk (the boxes that hold bundles of blank white paper...think staples or canon) and they worked well.

The problem was when I didn't need to use them and wanted to put something larger in the trunk. They got in the way b/c they didn't collapse and the item wouldn't fit in the box.

These can collapse flat and stack on top of each other. So you can move them off to the side and free up the trunk space. Or even collapse them and put them on the seat temporarily while you use the trunk space.
Mar 13, 2006
812 posts
323 upvotes
Toronto
ShoNuff2 wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2017 3:32 pm
any sightings of these parmesan crisps?
was at a costco yesterday and couldn't find them...among a list of 7 items they used to carry that i couldn't locate. hate when they discontinue stuff i like.

edit: found the parmesan crisps along with a few other items at another location.
Saw them at Costco Brampton yesterday if anyone else is looking for them.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
18060 posts
4637 upvotes
Since everyone is grabbing those folding crates, those who also live in an apartment or condo should get this:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B002TITK8O
(Not at Amazon obviously, but that's the description)
It's $56 or something right now at Costco.
I bought one years ago at Lowes I think for $100.
For $56 I bought 2 more.

It's damn awesome for getting stuff from your car to inside, especially if you have stackable boxes like the crates or the green boxes.
Not quite so useful if you have a house since there's usually stairs from the car to the house.
But direct elevator access? Wheel directly in.

I could also swear that someone posted a picture but I skimmed the last 3 weeks for all 3 Costco posters and I couldn't see the damn thing.
Sep 26, 2008
353 posts
41 upvotes
Ottawa
How are the roasted chickens these days? Last time I had one was probably about 2 years ago and it was not very good and the texture was weird. What's the current consensus?
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
3439 posts
332 upvotes
Toronto
Jenny1975 wrote:
Feb 4th, 2017 1:20 pm
How are the roasted chickens these days? Last time I had one was probably about 2 years ago and it was not very good and the texture was weird. What's the current consensus?
I prefer them over Swiss Chalet. Juicy chickens and I pair it with the Chalet sauce which you can buy in powder packet form from wal mart. I don't find it a weird texture. I usually shred the chicken meat by hand and make sandwiches or eat it with rice.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
6814 posts
2044 upvotes
ON
It's also likely highly location dependent as they're cooked in house. Also how long it has been under the heat lamps, etc.
I've never had a bad one, but I've probably bought less than 5 over the span of years, not a very large sample.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16732 posts
1726 upvotes
GTA West
Jenny1975 wrote:
aqnd wrote:
Feb 4th, 2017 7:48 pm
It's also likely highly location dependent as they're cooked in house. Also how long it has been under the heat lamps, etc.
I've never had a bad one, but I've probably bought less than 5 over the span of years, not a very large sample.
Agreed. I used to buy 1-2 of those chickens per week, and as a result, I started to chat with the guys who ran the rotisserie.
Even within the same store, they experiment with things such as cooking time, so chickens will continue to have some variation.
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16732 posts
1726 upvotes
GTA West
Has anyone tried those Latté and Cappuccino beverages they are now offering for $1.99 in the Costco food court?
I'm just wondering if they are any good.
- Casual Gastronomist -
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
18060 posts
4637 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Feb 5th, 2017 1:17 pm
Even within the same store, they experiment with things such as cooking time, so chickens will continue to have some variation.
Really? You'd think it'd be set once they figure it out.
I mean... you can order identically sized chickens and once you have the temperature set, it's a matter of time.
Figure that time and it should be 100% replicable every time.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16732 posts
1726 upvotes
GTA West
death_hawk wrote:
Feb 6th, 2017 4:25 pm
Really? You'd think it'd be set once they figure it out.
I mean... you can order identically sized chickens and once you have the temperature set, it's a matter of time.
Figure that time and it should be 100% replicable every time.
Indeed, I've watched them set up the rotisserie for cooking. The timer might be 74 minutes, 68 minutes, etc.
- Casual Gastronomist -
Feb 4, 2013
165 posts
131 upvotes
Anyone know if Costco will have those Loc Maria chocolate crepes in time for Valentine's day?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2005
6144 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
Jenny1975 wrote:
They steam the chicken before roasting it...thats why its juicy...i rather spend the time to roast my own and buy their own...as for already prepared..nothing beats Portuguese Chicken imho
Jun 26, 2016
299 posts
36 upvotes
death_hawk wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2017 4:19 pm
Since everyone is grabbing those folding crates, those who also live in an apartment or condo should get this:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B002TITK8O
(Not at Amazon obviously, but that's the description)
It's $56 or something right now at Costco.
I bought one years ago at Lowes I think for $100.
For $56 I bought 2 more.

It's damn awesome for getting stuff from your car to inside, especially if you have stackable boxes like the crates or the green boxes.
Not quite so useful if you have a house since there's usually stairs from the car to the house.
But direct elevator access? Wheel directly in.

I could also swear that someone posted a picture but I skimmed the last 3 weeks for all 3 Costco posters and I couldn't see the damn thing.
im at costco now, they said they dont have the magna carts :(