Food & Drink

What is on your shopping list for Costco?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2017 6:08 pm
Jun 26, 2016
299 posts
36 upvotes
13inches wrote:
Feb 8th, 2017 11:22 am
Brampton Costco had those carts last week.
ok turns out downsview is out of stock. getting more saturday. they are $59.99. ill pick one up for sure
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
18060 posts
4661 upvotes
joeythecat29 wrote:
Feb 8th, 2017 11:10 am
im at costco now, they said they dont have the magna carts :(
I can't find the stupid picture between THREE deal posters so i can't get the part number.
Either I'm blind or hallucinating.

But if they can find the item in the system, ask them about it.
I've seen it in 4 GVRD Costcos now. Bought from 2 different ones.
Jun 26, 2016
299 posts
36 upvotes
death_hawk wrote:
Feb 8th, 2017 2:03 pm
I can't find the stupid picture between THREE deal posters so i can't get the part number.

I got them to look them up just using "magna cart", they found it and said that they were on order at downsview and other stores had them, they are $59.99 each.
Sep 3, 2002
683 posts
189 upvotes
GTA
death_hawk wrote:
Feb 8th, 2017 2:03 pm

Add a 9 to the end for the barcode part of the sign.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
7813 posts
2707 upvotes
Toronto
I go there just for the salmon.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
18060 posts
4661 upvotes
nalababe wrote:
Feb 8th, 2017 7:42 pm
I would buy it too...but they have skin off!
They do sell whole fish on occasion when it's in season.
But now you have to butcher a whole fish which isn't hard but can be hard if you don't have experience doing it.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
24789 posts
2548 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
aqnd wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2017 1:29 pm
These have appeared at my local costco now - worth the money?
Anyone else have them?
I like how they can basically be 'auto opened' by holding the top and giving them a shake.
These are worth every penny. I bought two. Leave them in the trunk. When I go grocery shopping, I don't need any more bags. I just wheel the cart to the car and expand the box to fill my groceries. The handle makes it easy to carry into your house. I just have to remember to put it back into my trunk (that's how I ended up with two)

*** Rant ***

It really bothers me when people don't return the carts, they just leave it in the parking lot waiting for the wind to blow it into someone's car. People, return your carts. I always return my cart to the lobby if possible or the cart return.

Also, when you arrive at Costco, park your car and go to the cart return to grab a cart. Help the poor guys retrieving carts by grabbing a cart outside instead of in the lobby. If the cart is wet from rain, take it inside and swap with a dry one.

*** End Rant ***
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1008 posts
74 upvotes
Markham
Gee wrote:
Feb 9th, 2017 5:50 am
*** Rant ***

It really bothers me when people don't return the carts, they just leave it in the parking lot waiting for the wind to blow it into someone's car. People, return your carts. I always return my cart to the lobby if possible or the cart return.

*** End Rant ***
My #1 pet peeve at parking lots. FFS, just return the damn cart! Does not even take long at all!
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
24789 posts
2548 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
13inches wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2017 10:48 am
Are the Kirkland pistachios of decent quality? The price seems very good.
They are great quality. California pistachios

When I started buying them several years ago, they were $12.99 a bag, then it went up to $14.99, now they are $20

I couldn't justify the expense
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7264 posts
2287 upvotes
ON
Gee wrote:
Feb 9th, 2017 5:50 am
These are worth every penny. I bought two. Leave them in the trunk. When I go grocery shopping, I don't need any more bags. I just wheel the cart to the car and expand the box to fill my groceries. The handle makes it easy to carry into your house. I just have to remember to put it back into my trunk (that's how I ended up with two)
I caved and picked one up today. Should come in handy.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6168 posts
1087 upvotes
New products spotted today, sliced mixed "exotic" mushroom blend, $9.99; white chocolate raspberry heart shaped cake with dark chocolate glaze; frozen LaRocca Chocolate Truffle cake.

Clawson Stilton clearing at $4.97, Two pack of Simply Natural organic Sriracha Red and Green clearing at $6.97. Tried both tonight, green excellent, red slightly sweeter than Rooster, but good.

And they are now stocking a Rock Heritage griddle, smooth on one side, ridged on the other. $29.99. Based on my Rock frying pan, terrific non-stick surface, has never warped, 3 years in, I bought. I'm intending to use it on my BBQ. A little concerned with how the non stick will cope with the high temperatures of the grill, but we'll see. Love my cast iron griddle but it needs frequent reseasoning.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
18060 posts
4661 upvotes
bonterra wrote:
Feb 9th, 2017 11:45 pm
And they are now stocking a Rock Heritage griddle, smooth on one side, ridged on the other. $29.99. Based on my Rock frying pan, terrific non-stick surface, has never warped, 3 years in, I bought. I'm intending to use it on my BBQ. A little concerned with how the non stick will cope with the high temperatures of the grill, but we'll see. Love my cast iron griddle but it needs frequent reseasoning.
Based on the name I think this is ceramic which should be fine.
What was pants on head stupid was the griddle that was actually non-stick.
Oct 16, 2007
955 posts
219 upvotes
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
Feb 8th, 2017 3:28 pm
I go there just for the salmon.
just curious as to why? Costco salmon is a little over $11/lb. You can goto loblaws/superstore and get it for under $10/lb or even less with price matching. The only difference I have seen is that the costco fillets are larger.
- Insert Soemthing here so you will be able to recoginze me.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
7813 posts
2707 upvotes
Toronto
Larger is the reason.
ziaa wrote:
Feb 10th, 2017 11:20 am
just curious as to why? Costco salmon is a little over $11/lb. You can goto loblaws/superstore and get it for under $10/lb or even less with price matching. The only difference I have seen is that the costco fillets are larger.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!