Food & Drink

What is on your shopping list for Costco?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 22nd, 2017 10:47 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5709 posts
716 upvotes
Mississauga
Has anyone bought the Balderdash Extra Old Cheddar Cheese (the snack size 24 pack) lately? Did you find it tasted as if there were hard dry crumbly bits in it? Usually this cheese is nice and smooth. I don't like it at all now.. Also, it seems as if the individual portion size has gotten smaller...
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
2746 posts
413 upvotes
Aurora, ON
Almond flour...? I read on FB that they sell almond flour and that it is available near me. I currently buy it at the same place bulkbarn gets it - but I'm hoping it'll be a better price at costco. Anyone know approx how much / price Costco sells it for?
BTW, the Kirkland protein bars are a real treat ..it's difficult to source non-sugar, non-wheat supplies so I'm hoping Costco starts carrying more LCHF foods :)
Nov 4, 2006
753 posts
67 upvotes
jackie999 wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 10:52 am
Almond flour...? I read on FB that they sell almond flour and that it is available near me. I currently buy it at the same place bulkbarn gets it - but I'm hoping it'll be a better price at costco. Anyone know approx how much / price Costco sells it for?
IIRC it was 1.2kg for about $22.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
2746 posts
413 upvotes
Aurora, ON
Thanks! It's a smidge better than the Grain Process price of $94 for 5K
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
5852 posts
954 upvotes
Limoncello cake is back!! It's now a round cake instead of the previous rectangular bar cake.

New pineapple chicken entree in the deli section, also frozen Tempura chicken.

Quite liking the Thai Express frozen General Thai chicken. The chicken gets really crispy.

The blood oranges are from the USA this year. Guess no Sicilian oranges this season.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2003
4503 posts
1294 upvotes
A Place to Stand
RenegadeX wrote:
Sep 30th, 2016 9:03 pm
Went to my local Costco today (Newmarket), and am happy to report that:
- Sunlight 5L dish detergent has returned - in stock, at $9.79ea. Hopefully will be on sale again soon - at regular price it's actually a few cents cheaper at Walmart [link].
- Grated Parmesan cheese, 1Kg bags are back - though the brand is now Saputo and the price is now $15.99/Kg (prev: Grande Cheese, $13.99). Like the G.C. & Kraft brands "parmesan", it contains cellulose.

Also noticed the whole lambs have dropped to $99.99ea, down from $139.99 previously at this location. Not a sale tag, so I assume they're testing the market with different pricing.
Picked up 3 x 5L jugs of the Sunlight Dish soap yesterday at Costco for $6.XX. Not on sale or anything, that was just the price. I have an aversion to the smell of that Palmolive they sell, I just can't stand it. So when I saw they were also carrying the Sunlight, I switched to give it a try a couple weeks ago. But I paid $9.XX then, so I bought 3 more when I saw the price drop to 6 something. Not sure why the price dropped, as the Palmolive beside it was still $9.XX.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
3390 posts
322 upvotes
Toronto
bonterra wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 7:56 pm
Quite liking the Thai Express frozen General Thai chicken. The chicken gets really crispy.
On sale $9.99 till mar 21, reg $13.49-3.50

Chicken breast $2 off per package and chicken thighs $3 off per package.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
3390 posts
322 upvotes
Toronto
I waited till the clever crates went on sale and they're $2 cheaper now. $9.99-$2
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16525 posts
1598 upvotes
GTA West
I just noticed Albert's Leap Panini Brie for the first time at Costco. Even the packaging artwork has my mouth watering. Anyone tried this product?

This seems to be a product of Quality Cheese Inc., in Vaughan Ontario.

Costco Stock # 392305
Price $6.99
Size: 500g

Image:
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2008
9955 posts
507 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 4:20 pm
I just noticed Albert's Leap Panini Brie for the first time at Costco. Even the packaging artwork has my mouth watering. Anyone tried this product?

This seems to be a product of Quality Cheese Inc., in Vaughan Ontario.

Costco Stock # 392305
Price $6.99
Size: 500g

Image:
Never tried it but it's been there for a long time. Looks delicious, I agree! I find cheese a little more expensive than normal these days, maybe just because I haven't bought any in a while.
Nov 4, 2006
753 posts
67 upvotes
jackie999 wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 4:58 pm
Thanks! It's a smidge better than the Grain Process price of $94 for 5K
Nevermind I just checked when I went today, it's actually $19.99 for 1.36kg

Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
2947 posts
843 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 4:20 pm
I tried this brand in traditional in round form at xmas because it is Ontario/Canadian and the websaver.ca coupon $3WUB2 with the Canadian Dairy Farmer's logo worked on it (coupon still available until the end of March and works on this product if Costco takes manufacturer's coupns). Loved it, love brie, but haven't been feeling as rich since (The per 100g price on this ^ is really cheap! Normally a premium cheese over $3.50/100g on sale. Not a cheapass brie!)

They have a single, double, and triple cream and this looks like double cream 50% MF so a heck of a nice indulgence.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
2746 posts
413 upvotes
Aurora, ON
Asagiri wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 10:46 pm
Nevermind I just checked when I went today, it's actually $19.99 for 1.36kg
Re Costco almond flour, it's by Sunblest, $19.99 for 1.36Kg, Grain Process is $94 for 5Kg - I assume these prices change as the market fluctuates. I see more and more demand for almond flour as people turn to LCHF..
I do notice the Costco is a finer grind that bulkbarns.... I've never bought Bob's finist grind so can't say how it compares to that.. Bob's is way too expensive!
Nov 4, 2006
753 posts
67 upvotes
jackie999 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 11:41 am
Re Costco almond flour, it's by Sunblest, $19.99 for 1.36Kg, Grain Process is $94 for 5Kg - I assume these prices change as the market fluctuates. I see more and more demand for almond flour as people turn to LCHF..
I do notice the Costco is a finer grind that bulkbarns.... I've never bought Bob's finist grind so can't say how it compares to that.. Bob's is way too expensive!
The price of almonds and other nuts skyrocketed a couple of years ago due to a drought in California. Prices have steadily been coming down.

Almond flour didn't appear on Costco shelves till about a yr ago.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
1794 posts
159 upvotes
Mississauga
Asagiri wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 3:45 pm
The price of almonds and other nuts skyrocketed a couple of years ago due to a drought in California. Prices have steadily been coming down.

Almond flour didn't appear on Costco shelves till about a yr ago.
That, but also nowadays seems like its trendy to be "gluten intolerant" cause you know white flower kills and makes people fat. Almond flour very good for you ;)
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel