Food & Drink

What is on your shopping list for Costco?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 28th, 2017 11:08 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2006
1222 posts
90 upvotes
GTA
Nando's peri peri sauce. Was a big bottle, I think 1.5 or 1.7l, for $13. I forget which location but if anyone spots it in the GTA lemme know. I've seen it in Sobey's but a very small bottle, 500ml or less, was selling for around $6.
Apr 2, 2004
316 posts
23 upvotes
Saw at RH Elgin Mills last weekend. It was $12.79 for 1L, medium spice.
Jan 23, 2017
290 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
iam_immigrant wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 3:12 pm
Nando's peri peri sauce. Was a big bottle, I think 1.5 or 1.7l, for $13. I forget which location but if anyone spots it in the GTA lemme know. I've seen it in Sobey's but a very small bottle, 500ml or less, was selling for around $6.
They have it in Vaughan Hwy 7, bought some a few weeks ago at Downsview as well.

Hadn't had it before but was eyeing it for ages, have to try every hot sauce haha.

It's good, but a bit too much vinegar in my opinion.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2006
1222 posts
90 upvotes
GTA
It's one of the better peri peri sauce/marinades I've used. Flavour is not too bad so I'll head to downsview and grab a couple bottles. Thanks.
pennywize wrote:Go up to her in person and ask: Does this cloth smell like chloroform to you?
Success rate = 100%
MrBurns wrote:
Apr 18th, 2011 3:30 pm
I'd push an old lady in front of a semi to get a penny off the sidewalk.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10021 posts
529 upvotes
I've been waiting (unsuccessfully) over a year for the Piri Piri sauce to to on sale/clearance!
Jan 23, 2017
290 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
boredstudent3 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2017 2:24 pm
I haven't seen the Kirkland brand black pepper with built in grinder in stock for a while. Is this gone?
It was definitely missing for a few weeks, checked Markham/Woodbine, Vaughan/Hwy 7 and Downsview and they were all out.

Vaughan has them again, at least they did last Saturday!
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6054 posts
1041 upvotes
boredstudent3 wrote:
I haven't seen the Kirkland brand black pepper with built in grinder in stock for a while. Is this gone?
Bought today in Sudbury. No asterisk on the shelf tag.

Noticed flattened seasoned chickens. New here. Also "Some More Pie" with the cakes in coolers, you'll know it if you see it, quite distinctive looking, chocolate, marshmallow etc. Please review if sampled or purchased.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10021 posts
529 upvotes
OKSpring wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2017 1:02 am
It was definitely missing for a few weeks, checked Markham/Woodbine, Vaughan/Hwy 7 and Downsview and they were all out.

Vaughan has them again, at least they did last Saturday!
I got a letter a couple months back about the grinders having a problem and you could return them if you had a problem (well, you could always return them anyways!) . They were probably just fixing the issue.
Jan 23, 2017
290 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
slowtyper wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2017 4:01 am
I got a letter a couple months back about the grinders having a problem and you could return them if you had a problem (well, you could always return them anyways!) . They were probably just fixing the issue.
Wonder if it was for cracking? Mine got knocked/tipped over on the counter and the outer top black portion cracked from top to bottom. Thought it was kind of odd/fragile. Didn't fall from height or anything.
Oct 24, 2013
357 posts
135 upvotes
iam_immigrant wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 3:12 pm
Spotted yesterday at Heartland mississauga (Mar. 22).
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
3441 posts
332 upvotes
Toronto
bonterra wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 7:56 pm
Quite liking the Thai Express frozen General Thai chicken. The chicken gets really crispy.
Have tried it, and can confirm the chicken gets crispy! I didn't try it with the sauce (just used ketchup), the sauce packet is easy to reheat bc it isn't frozen in the box. These are small chicken bites, appetizer sized.

Bought for $9.99 1lb box.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
5273 posts
268 upvotes
TO
boredstudent3 wrote:
Didn't see either at the Mississauga LAIRD location.

I'm wondering if Costco ever sold Pink Himalayan salt like they have at Loblaws/rccs but always sold out.
Achieva Financial / Tangerine / EQ Bank member

I use Plastiq to pay bills! It's magic ;)
#1 rule of Churning club - KCaDCA
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9627 posts
798 upvotes
TorontoEh wrote:
Mar 24th, 2017 12:59 pm
Didn't see either at the Mississauga LAIRD location.

I'm wondering if Costco ever sold Pink Himalayan salt like they have at Loblaws/rccs but always sold out.
Costco has the Pink Himalayan salt in the same built in grinder as the black pepper. Dunno if it's sold out...
Jan 29, 2017
1 posts
If anyone in the GTA spots Kodiak cakes at Costco, can you please PM me the location? So far they've been a no-go at Queensway and Dixie locations. Much appreciated. :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)