Food & Drink

What is on your shopping list for Costco?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 22nd, 2017 10:47 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
3394 posts
324 upvotes
Toronto
TorontoEh wrote:
Mar 24th, 2017 12:59 pm
Didn't see either at the Mississauga LAIRD location.

I'm wondering if Costco ever sold Pink Himalayan salt like they have at Loblaws/rccs but always sold out.
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Mar 24th, 2017 1:26 pm
Costco has the Pink Himalayan salt in the same built in grinder as the black pepper. Dunno if it's sold out...
Yeah I've seen both the black pepper and pink salt side by side in the grinders. Haven't seen either in a long time.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
3394 posts
324 upvotes
Toronto
I found the black pepper with grinder at my local costco.

Here is "Some More Pie"

Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
8067 posts
964 upvotes
Toronto
Recently saw the black pepper w/ grinder back in stock at Costco. I can't remember which branch I saw it at, either Elgin Mills/Leslie or Markham Road/14th. They weren't there a few weeks back.

Remember folks, you can always buy the big jar of black pepper to refill the Costco grinders. You don't have to buy a new grinder each time.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
6569 posts
1862 upvotes
ON
death_hawk wrote:
Mar 25th, 2017 4:59 am
allmywat.jpg
I guess s'more is a trademarked term?
May 28, 2012
9193 posts
1668 upvotes
Saskatoon
aqnd wrote:
Mar 25th, 2017 10:51 am
I guess s'more is a trademarked term?
I'm thinking they were trying to be witty. Winking Face
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
5873 posts
969 upvotes
Avocado oil mayonnaise is new at my location, think it's the Chosen Foods brand, $10.99. Strawberry Rhubarb is the current pie flavour.

Frozen Pho is clearing at $4.97, Mejicano (sp?) Quesadillas (pretty good) are marked down to $9.97. I like them topped with enchilada sauce and extra cheese.

Low stock on the Baja salad kits. Hope they're not discontinued.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
6607 posts
1304 upvotes
bonterra wrote:
Apr 1st, 2017 2:45 pm
Avocado oil mayonnaise is new at my location, think it's the Chosen Foods brand, $10.99. Strawberry Rhubarb is the current pie flavour.

Frozen Pho is clearing at $4.97, Mejicano (sp?) Quesadillas (pretty good) are marked down to $9.97. I like them topped with enchilada sauce and extra cheese.

Low stock on the Baja salad kits. Hope they're not discontinued.
noticed the avocado mayo for the first time today. it is chosen foods. picked up a bottle. avocado oil is the only oil used in it.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2009
4984 posts
837 upvotes
Montreal
Balderson double smoked cheddar is on sale. I picked up a block last time it was on sale and loved it.

The expiry date on the block I bought last time was almost a year out - will it really last that long if it's unopened?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3005 posts
898 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
In the fridge? Oh yeah. You can buy a pile of cheese and just leave it there at least 8 months standard and it will be just fine. Never freeze it because it goes crumbly, though. On big blocks don't put your fingers on the cheese or the inner packaging when you are serving some and you won't have any issue of green mould blooms even if it takes you 6 weeks to finish it. Cheese is one of the most stable perishable foods and the stuff you're eating was definitely aged for years already.

I freaking love smoked cheese. I don't think it would be able to celebrate a week in my house. I'd find a reason to have it in every meal.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
17750 posts
4437 upvotes
psyko514 wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2017 6:21 pm
The expiry date on the block I bought last time was almost a year out - will it really last that long if it's unopened?
As long as it's unopened.
Once it's opened and exposed to oxygen/dirty hands/utensils/etc then all bets are off.
But most cheese in the original package (or vacuum sealed again) it'll last a ridiculously long time.
lecale wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2017 7:20 pm
I freaking love smoked cheese. I don't think it would be able to celebrate a week in my house. I'd find a reason to have it in every meal.
I'm quite hooked on smoked gouda right now.
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
8573 posts
2748 upvotes
Ottawa
boredstudent3 wrote:
Mar 24th, 2017 10:09 pm
Here is "Some More Pie"

Very very underwhelming. Regretting the blind-buy and definitely not a re-buy.

Tasteless, bland, boring. It sat in the fridge 5 days with 2 slices missing before it got trashed.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
3394 posts
324 upvotes
Toronto
Cas77 wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2017 8:57 pm
Very very underwhelming. Regretting the blind-buy and definitely not a re-buy.

Tasteless, bland, boring. It sat in the fridge 5 days with 2 slices missing before it got trashed.
Thanks for info and taste test. I'm eyeing the chocolate hazelnut cake they have in the bunkers. But must resist lol.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
5873 posts
969 upvotes
psyko514 wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2017 6:21 pm
Balderson double smoked cheddar is on sale. I picked up a block last time it was on sale and loved it.

I've opened it and cut in half and frozen half. It freezes quite well. A steal at this weeks $6.99. Going for that and the big Alexia scallops and Kirkland brand antihistamines.

The smoked cheddar is so good in stuffed peppers.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel