Food & Drink

What is on your shopping list for Costco?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2024 6:59 pm
Oct 30, 2010
550 posts
253 upvotes
Toronto
Those 5.99 bags of celery sticks are some of the best celery I've bought at supermarkets, and as a result my wife doesn't eat celery from any other stores. We haven't seen these for a long time (~2 months) though in both the Richmond Hill and Newmarket stores. Anyone in the GTA area seen these recently?
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10747 posts
7905 upvotes
Global Village
The Thermos Rd business Costco has them.
All day I dream about sports

Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii, CIBC Investor's Edge
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18182 posts
14186 upvotes
Toronto
Heartcloud wrote: Those 5.99 bags of celery sticks are some of the best celery I've bought at supermarkets, and as a result my wife doesn't eat celery from any other stores. We haven't seen these for a long time (~2 months) though in both the Richmond Hill and Newmarket stores. Anyone in the GTA area seen these recently?
I bought them last week at Thorncliffe
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3309 posts
761 upvotes
Aurora, ON
I've been buying their OROWEAT KETO WRAPS for a few months now. Stopped in Newmarket to pick some more up but couldn't see them. Anyone else notice they're OOS or gone?
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Heartcloud wrote: Those 5.99 bags of celery sticks are some of the best celery I've bought at supermarkets, and as a result my wife doesn't eat celery from any other stores. We haven't seen these for a long time (~2 months) though in both the Richmond Hill and Newmarket stores. Anyone in the GTA area seen these recently?
Celery … just another food item facing shortages
Primarily due to extreme weather events

GOOGLE = Celery Shortage
Deal Addict
May 10, 2007
3542 posts
3235 upvotes
Etobicoke
Glad to see Strubs hot pepper rings being carried once again. Looked all last summer at mutiple Costco's and nothing. Picked up a pack.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2018
3167 posts
3653 upvotes
Toronto
NoFrillBill wrote: Glad to see Strubs hot pepper rings being carried once again. Looked all last summer at mutiple Costco's and nothing. Picked up a pack.
Interesting i looked up the picture to see what exactly it was....lol.

Will check next time i am at Costco might be nice to have on hand for the times i want a bit of heat on my dog or burger.
“Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age.....and dreams are forever.”
Deal Addict
May 10, 2007
3542 posts
3235 upvotes
Etobicoke
Ballroomblitz1 wrote: Interesting i looked up the picture to see what exactly it was....lol.

Will check next time i am at Costco might be nice to have on hand for the times i want a bit of heat on my dog or burger.
They go really good with any type or sausage.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
NoFrillBill wrote: Glad to see Strubs hot pepper rings being carried once again. Looked all last summer at mutiple Costco's and nothing. Picked up a pack.
Ballroomblitz1 wrote:
Interesting i looked up the picture to see what exactly it was....lol.

NoFrillBill wrote: They go really good with any type or sausage.
Strubs / Whytes … a Cdn Pickle Co
Started in Montreal

Strubs makes awesome pickles

Hot Pickled Pepper rings are yummy on a sausage, or a hot dog
But a MUST HAVE on a hoagie / Philly Cheesesteak !!!

Definitely a pickle to add to your Summer BBQ list
Along side their Garlic Dills & Sandwich Snackers / Slicers
Deal Addict
May 10, 2007
3542 posts
3235 upvotes
Etobicoke
Looks like Costco had ditched the containers for the rotisserie chicken in favor of bags. Too bad they aren't the insulated kind like A&P use to use back in the day.
Images
  • 20230309_161141.jpg
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21703 posts
17378 upvotes
Markham
NoFrillBill wrote: Looks like Costco had ditched the containers for the rotisserie chicken in favor of bags. Too bad they aren't the insulated kind like A&P use to use back in the day.
Wondering if this is outlawed with the new plastic ban?
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
May 10, 2007
3542 posts
3235 upvotes
Etobicoke
gr8dlr wrote: Wondering if this is outlawed with the new plastic ban?
Not sure. I noted that it takes effect at Loblaws starting on the 1st. Wonder if that is across the board at all retailers? The roasted garlic legs still were in containers.
Images
  • 20230308_194906.jpg
Last edited by NoFrillBill on Mar 9th, 2023 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
9926 posts
7090 upvotes
Mississauga
NoFrillBill wrote: Looks like Costco had ditched the containers for the rotisserie chicken in favor of bags. Too bad they aren't the insulated kind like A&P use to use back in the day.
I remember those foil bags distinctly.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2008
1197 posts
671 upvotes
I buy the pure protein bars. A 3 pack is only around 20 dollars but I believe it’s on sale. It’s a really good deal. A package is usually 12 bucks at Walmart mart.

I would buy the smart sweets there but the only flavours they have are the fishes which I don’t like much. But I think it’s 5 bags for 10 dollars and it’s 2 for 7 at wal mart.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21703 posts
17378 upvotes
Markham
NoFrillBill wrote: Not sure. I noted that it takes effect at Loblaws starting on the 1st. Wonder if that is across the board at all retailers? The roasted garlic legs still were in containers.
We're saying goodbye to plastic.... By putting your chicken into a plastic bag! Lol
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2013
2116 posts
1929 upvotes
Ontario
gr8dlr wrote: We're saying goodbye to plastic.... By putting your chicken into a plastic bag! Lol
That's, Goodbye and Hello!
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3309 posts
761 upvotes
Aurora, ON
gr8dlr wrote: We're saying goodbye to plastic.... By putting your chicken into a plastic bag! Lol
Doesn't make sense does it? Our store recently switched to a white tray for the chicken where it was always a black tray in the past. I did notice yesterday that the biodegradable bags in the meat depn were pretty much all gone - hopefully it was just a backup on stocking.
Nov 26, 2022
30 posts
10 upvotes
Our regulars are
Grape tomatoes
Apples
Various cheeses
Frozen Mahi Mahi
Chicken stock
Seasonings
Almonds
Pickles