Food & Drink

What is on your shopping list for Costco?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2017 7:19 pm
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6174 posts
1090 upvotes
lovespeanutbutter wrote:
May 30th, 2017 9:58 am
9.xx

I want to say 9.99 but I don't remember 100%. This was at the Richmond Hill location.
I think $9.96. I noted it today and tried to remember to post. Just under $10 anyways.
Mar 13, 2006
881 posts
448 upvotes
Toronto
riseagainstthemachine wrote:
May 31st, 2017 9:20 am
anybody know where I can get these? they were $10 and a great deal and super useful for people living in condos,

https://www.clevermade.com/collections/ ... 1599942273
They are available at Canadian Tire for $20:
CleverCrate® Storage and Transport Crate, 46-L - Product #142-1806-0
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/cleve ... 1806p.html
Oct 24, 2005
877 posts
125 upvotes
Whoever mentioned using those CleverCrates with the hand truck (also from Costco) a while ago is a genius
2006 - Pepsi/Frito Lay Win Every Hour Contest - 1279 Entries - Loser!
May 23, 2017
168 posts
38 upvotes
blarg wrote:
May 31st, 2017 12:27 pm
Whoever mentioned using those CleverCrates with the hand truck (also from Costco) a while ago is a genius
I stack them and use a small lightweight folding dolly. For living in a condo, this is essential.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6174 posts
1090 upvotes
Has anyone ever frozen the deli Shepherd's Pie?

I've got one that we're just not getting around to eating.
May 2, 2011
722 posts
94 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Recently in the Waterloo Costco I noticed they have a whole pig right next to the frozen whole lamb. Price was ~$80 iirc.
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
14537 posts
18098 upvotes
ONTARIO
not a new item, but new to me so it's now on the shopping list for Costco.

Island Way Sorbet

These are so tasty!
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1407 posts
481 upvotes
the only things I buy at Costco (Elgin mills and Leslie) are :

- rotisserie chicken
- chicken pot pie
- banana's
- hot dogs and French fries (food court)

what happened to Costco? stuff used to be cheaper but now groceries are pretty much the same price if not cheaper at grocery stores when sales arise ?

things like, cereal, chips, cookies, crackers, sauces (ketchup, bbq, dijon mustard, mayo,etc)
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
14537 posts
18098 upvotes
ONTARIO
Has anyone purchased the 24 pack of Sparkling Ice from Costco lately?

It's always been the same 3 flavours in the pack. Black Raspberry, Orange Mango and Lemon Lime.

However I just noticed that the newest pack purchased from Costco is slightly different. It's still Black Raspberry and Orange Mango, but now instead of Lemon Lime it's Kiwi Strawberry.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2004
1680 posts
28 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
Inflation happened
toronto19850 wrote:
Jun 10th, 2017 9:50 am

what happened to Costco? stuff used to be cheaper but now groceries are pretty much the same price if not cheaper at grocery stores when sales arise ?

things like, cereal, chips, cookies, crackers, sauces (ketchup, bbq, dijon mustard, mayo,etc)
Looking for an educational source to help pass your G1 written driving test? Check out DrivingTests101.com
It helped me pass my test and had a lot of great resources!
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1407 posts
481 upvotes
Blazin_Sunfire wrote:
Jun 26th, 2017 3:25 pm
Inflation happened
that makes no sense though...inflation only happens at Costco?
if things were cheaper at Costco prior, they the cost would rise at both costco and the other grocery stores so they would still be cheaper. but they are not...

the only thing that I see that is cheaper is their rotisserie chickens and their food court items, makes getting a membership almost not worth it anymore.

does anyone know if their pharmacy is cheaper than regular ones? I've been there a couple times but I never got the same medicine from costco and then another place.
and are their cigarettes cheaper?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7281 posts
2296 upvotes
ON
Costcos near me stopped carrying cigarettes.
Might be across Canada.

Their pharmacy items are dirt cheap for generics (e.g. ASA, acetaminophen, antihistamines)
Actual prescriptions, many people might not care if they have a drug plan, but for those without drug plan the savings can add up.
Dec 2, 2006
193 posts
33 upvotes
Ottawa
toronto19850 wrote:
Jun 26th, 2017 4:07 pm
that makes no sense though...inflation only happens at Costco?
if things were cheaper at Costco prior, they the cost would rise at both costco and the other grocery stores so they would still be cheaper. but they are not...

the only thing that I see that is cheaper is their rotisserie chickens and their food court items, makes getting a membership almost not worth it anymore.

does anyone know if their pharmacy is cheaper than regular ones? I've been there a couple times but I never got the same medicine from costco and then another place.
and are their cigarettes cheaper?
No membership required to use the Pharmacy - in Ontario at least.