Food & Drink

What is on your shopping list for Costco?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2017 7:19 pm
Deal Fanatic
Feb 20, 2006
7538 posts
365 upvotes
Canada
I believe it was put on clearance a few months ago and never re-stocked. I picked them up at $x.97 (i.e. priced to clear) a few months ago.
superizzy wrote:
Jul 26th, 2017 4:17 pm
Anyone seen this product at Costco recently in the GTA

I have seen it on and off over the last few years but not for a few months.

I love the green stuff. The red is only OK.
He died for me, I live for him
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7281 posts
2296 upvotes
ON
Utz cheese balls.
$7.99/992g

/Fat
Feb 14, 2004
203 posts
25 upvotes
Delta, BC
I love Costco but I find that their ice cream selection is really disappointing. Kirkland Vanilla ice cream was good but i cannot find it anymore. Nestle drumsticks are average quality and peanuts heavy. We also tried the mixed box of vanilla sandwich, cone and something else. The ice cream quality was awful. Of course they have hagens daz but the portions are huge. What do you usually get?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7281 posts
2296 upvotes
ON
The ice cream sandwiches are pretty good, IMO.
Forget the brand, come in 30 pack, was on for $10 few weeks back (East).
May 28, 2012
9396 posts
1757 upvotes
Saskatoon
I buy a lot of things at Costco, but I rarely get ice cream there...and never the bulk tubs. I don't think the quality is all that good. I have bought the Traditions brands ice cream treats, they are okay.

Has anyone bought vanilla at Costco lately? It's now $37.99 a bottle...glad I'm now making my own.
Oct 26, 2016
341 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
On the topic of ice cream, they only have the Haagen Dazs vanilla almond bars now. They used to have the vanilla, almond, and caramel ice cream bars as well from Haagen Dazs. I like the Limoncello cake.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
2804 posts
436 upvotes
Aurora, ON
Mars2012 wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 10:04 pm
Has anyone bought vanilla at Costco lately? It's now $37.99 a bottle...glad I'm now making my own.
Saw the price last week and am glad I have 1/2 bottle left ..it'll have to last. I was going to buy beans at the Vanilla Food Co ( http://www.vanillafoodcompany.ca/search ... la&Submit= ) but the prices scared me and some are OOS due to world wide shortage.
Share your recipe ..in case I win the lottery and can buy some beans?

On another note I was pricing out Brazil nuts and got similar sticker shock :)
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2006
1239 posts
92 upvotes
GTA
shannn wrote:
Jul 26th, 2017 9:45 am
Costco is now selling Zico coconut water along with Vita Coco. Both are on sale in Ontario so I picked up a pack of Zico this time.

It's nice. Less sweet that vita coco, a bit more minerally, and to me at least tastes a bit more like fresh coconut water from a young coconut.
They've had Zico a while back but it always disappears for a bit and comes back. At the Costco Business Centre they have UFC brand coconut water which is very close in taste to Zico. Works out to $2.75/1L container.

That location has stuff the 'standard' locations don't.
May 28, 2012
9396 posts
1757 upvotes
Saskatoon
jackie999 wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 2:14 pm
Saw the price last week and am glad I have 1/2 bottle left ..it'll have to last. I was going to buy beans at the Vanilla Food Co ( http://www.vanillafoodcompany.ca/search ... la&Submit= ) but the prices scared me and some are OOS due to world wide shortage.
Share your recipe ..in case I win the lottery and can buy some beans?

On another note I was pricing out Brazil nuts and got similar sticker shock :)
I bought the Kirkland beans a while back, there are ten in each package and it was $19.99. I hope they bring it back into stock soon.

Take each bean and split it lengthwise down the middle and scrape out the pulp and seeds...this gets tossed into an airtight glass bottle along with the vanilla pods. I cut the pods in half before putting into the bottle but it's not totally necessary. Fill with vodka, enough to completely cover the beans. It will take a while, like 2-3 months for the colour and flavour to infuse. I give it a shake every once in a while at the beginning. I decant some of the finished product into a separate bottle for everyday use. Refill the vodka as needed, you don't need to throw those beans out.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9764 posts
855 upvotes
aqnd wrote:
Jul 31st, 2017 9:40 pm
Utz cheese balls.
$7.99/992g

/Fat
Do they sell these at Costco? I never seen them, but I'm not very observant when shopping.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7281 posts
2296 upvotes
ON
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 5:45 pm
Do they sell these at Costco? I never seen them, but I'm not very observant when shopping.
They're fresh in this week.
Have seen in US but not here (until now)
The giant tubs, 992g/35oz.
I've seen medium tubs (652g/23oz) elsewhere for the same money (or more)
May 28, 2012
9396 posts
1757 upvotes
Saskatoon
Crispy fried onions are back in stock, this time it's French's brand. I think it was $7.99 per 680g bag.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 18, 2009
5017 posts
538 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
The larger Superstores have a hot red sriracha from T&T for $3.69. Lingering heat.

Packard
Ask the man who owns one!
Apr 12, 2005
729 posts
44 upvotes
I appreciate all the suggestions.

I have way too many hot sauces and condiments on the go. Its a real problem/addiction.

specifically I want the green sriaracha in question. If anyone spies it at costco or elsewhere.