Food & Drink

What is on your shopping list for Costco?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2017 6:57 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
3510 posts
609 upvotes
Alberta
Anyone seen the frozen dim sum shrimp dumplings (haw gao) at Costco lately? Bought them a couple of times a few months ago and haven't seen them since. They were so good and at a decent price too.

Need to buy:

Rotisserie chicken
Milk
Extra Large Eggs
Green beans
Rib steak
NY steak
Mild Italian Sausage
Mussels
Steelhead salmon
Red snapper fillets
Kirkland toilet paper
Cheese
Pepper mill
USB memory sticks
Jul 18, 2008
988 posts
72 upvotes
Has anyone seen the Kirkland Signature protein bars in stores ? I can't seem to find it.

Or is it online only ?

*edit* nevermind, i found them.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
2777 posts
430 upvotes
Aurora, ON
mzkaye729 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 9:23 pm
Has anyone seen the Kirkland Signature protein bars in stores ? I can't seem to find it.

Or is it online only ?

*edit* nevermind, i found them.
I buy them every few weeks..they seem to move them around so it's always a hunt. They're great! 2 or 3 net carbs per bar...I find a 1/3rd of a bar a nice snack.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
5654 posts
258 upvotes
BC
jackie999 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 3:31 pm
I buy them every few weeks..they seem to move them around so it's always a hunt. They're great! 2 or 3 net carbs per bar...I find a 1/3rd of a bar a nice snack.
I've heard so many good things about them I bought some a couple of weeks back. Cant get past the texture, and also quite dense.. I tried one of each and then had to return because I was not going to eat a third.
That's my 2cents worth
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
2777 posts
430 upvotes
Aurora, ON
Keelie wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 5:10 pm
I've heard so many good things about them I bought some a couple of weeks back. Cant get past the texture, and also quite dense.. I tried one of each and then had to return because I was not going to eat a third.
Yep, you either like them or you don't ..there is no middle ground :) I love em as is (I keep in fridge)... many like to cut into 3rds and pop in the microwave ..they say it's just like a cookie. Keep in mind these aren't 'candy' ..these are if you're following keto or LCHF diet and want a snack. Most here will just buy a box of cookies :)
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
3370 posts
650 upvotes
on the links
Went yesterday to get my supply of Colliers Welsh cheddar and it was nowhere to be seen! I hope it's just a temporary inventory shortfall and not something permanent, otherwise I might have to rethink my membership for next year.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
23921 posts
2301 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
nightbird wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 7:16 pm
I love Costco but I find that their ice cream selection is really disappointing. Kirkland Vanilla ice cream was good but i cannot find it anymore. Nestle drumsticks are average quality and peanuts heavy. We also tried the mixed box of vanilla sandwich, cone and something else. The ice cream quality was awful. Of course they have hagens daz but the portions are huge. What do you usually get?
Kawartha Dairy ice cream is available at Costco. It's the only ice cream worth buying. Only two flavours, Vanilla and Moose Tracks

*** Edit ***

Just realized you're in BC, probably not available there.
May 23, 2017
113 posts
26 upvotes
picked up what I thought was a sweet deal at the dundas/427 location on the weekend, whole pork loin and $5 off, got the huge piece of meat for $18 tax in. Cut down the fat and portioned into lots of freezer bags.
Feb 29, 2016
197 posts
55 upvotes
Keelie wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 5:10 pm
I'm with you. I boarded the hype train and bought a couple boxes. Couldn't get through one of them. That said, I understand the appeal and they are better IMO than Quest bars. Just not for me. I'll stick with KIND.
Jul 18, 2008
988 posts
72 upvotes
jackie999 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 3:31 pm
I actually ended up liking them too. I prefer the chocolate chip cookie dough flavor, not so much the chocolate brownie one.

On a side note, if anyone wants to trade their cookie flavor protein bars for my chocolate protein bars, let me know lol
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6083 posts
1049 upvotes
The Marzetti Avocado Ranch refrigerated vinaigrette is delicious!!
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
2777 posts
430 upvotes
Aurora, ON
Bar soap? I used to stock up on the Lever soap but haven't seen it for a while..only Dove or Olay (neither of which I'll use). Has the Lever been discontinued?
Mar 13, 2006
853 posts
377 upvotes
Toronto
I haven't seen it in while either. I do see the Irish Spring go on sale and some other goat milk soap.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6083 posts
1049 upvotes
They had both sockeye and coho salmon in stock yesterday at $31.99 kg..
Jul 14, 2006
920 posts
111 upvotes
Any ideas for separating and storing the large (flat) package of smoked salmon? I really enjoy it but only eat a few pieces at a time so once I take it out from the freezer I have to eat more than I want before it goes bad.