Food & Drink

What is on your shopping list for Costco?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2017 2:42 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2010
4108 posts
718 upvotes
Toronto
how good is costco coffee ? / price?
Zoomer Customer EST Oct '14 (PM for questions)
Koodo TBD
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
5711 posts
278 upvotes
BC
ar2020 wrote:
Aug 29th, 2017 10:28 am
Does Costco still carry macadamia nuts?
Our store has them
That's my 2cents worth
May 29, 2017
37 posts
1 upvote
Went to 3 Costco warehouses and couldn't find flaxseed, does Costco still carry it? Have you seen it lately?
May 29, 2017
37 posts
1 upvote
How's the Terra Delyssa organic EVO at Costco? How does it compare to Kirland Signature brand? The price is cheap, what about the product?
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2006
3710 posts
428 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Aug 30th, 2017 10:25 pm
The Kirkland beans? I'd say they are around middle of the road in quality and taste, but the price is great for what you get.
I generally pay more for a better product.
I agree with this. Kirkland beans/coffee is average. I'd say only buy it if you *must* have a daily coffee. Otherwise for your taste buds it's better to spend more on better quality coffee. Related to that, their food court coffee and latte, using the same beans, is plainly average.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
2816 posts
440 upvotes
Aurora, ON
sharkhead wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 8:39 pm
How's the Terra Delyssa organic EVO at Costco? How does it compare to Kirland Signature brand? The price is cheap, what about the product?
I'm not a EVO expert, but I've been buying this and the other one they carry (with an odd flip lid that doesn't actually work) and both are good. The Terra Delyssa appears to be a good brand accordiing to reviews and isn't 'fake'...
I did try the Terra Delyssa 'flavoured' oils (in a Christmas gift pack) and didn't like any of them...
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
2816 posts
440 upvotes
Aurora, ON
shannn wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 4:47 pm
Costco in Ottawa now has cauliflower rice for the same price as their packages cauliflower. Saves you time having to use a processor.
I noticed cauliflower 'pearls'? in our costco in the cold storage (not frozen) ...wondering how it tastes? Perhaps it's just me but I bought the broccoli once like that (in a package) and it had an odd taste...
May 23, 2017
337 posts
101 upvotes
jackie999 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 7:26 am
I noticed cauliflower 'pearls'? in our costco in the cold storage (not frozen) ...wondering how it tastes? Perhaps it's just me but I bought the broccoli once like that (in a package) and it had an odd taste...
tried this as a sample, I wasn't a fan. kind of weird tasting
Got that Zoomer account!
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
1049 posts
209 upvotes
sharkhead wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 8:35 pm
Went to 3 Costco warehouses and couldn't find flaxseed, does Costco still carry it? Have you seen it lately?
I want to say that I saw this at Dixie/Dundas on Monday night near the pharmacy/supplements section. Maybe give them a call?
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
1049 posts
209 upvotes
sharkhead wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 8:39 pm
I like it. Use it in my salad dressing all the time.
May 29, 2017
37 posts
1 upvote
jackie999 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 7:12 am

I don't think I've ever seen it in mine. I buy mine from amazon https://www.amazon.ca/Yupik-Organic-Gol ... op?ie=UTF8
The Webber Naturals brand that I have been buying from Costco is cold milled. Costco used to carry 2 different sizes, oddly the smaller one had no iron. I haven't seen the smaller package for a long time. The larger package doesn't have iron anymore.
13inches wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 1:05 pm
I want to say that I saw this at Dixie/Dundas on Monday night near the pharmacy/supplements section. Maybe give them a call?
Thank you, I will check again, maybe it restocks.
May 29, 2017
37 posts
1 upvote
jackie999 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 7:17 am

I'm not a EVO expert, but I've been buying this and the other one they carry (with an odd flip lid that doesn't actually work) and both are good. The Terra Delyssa appears to be a good brand accordiing to reviews and isn't 'fake'...
I did try the Terra Delyssa 'flavoured' oils (in a Christmas gift pack) and didn't like any of them...
13inches wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 1:05 pm
I like it. Use it in my salad dressing all the time.
Costco online has mixed reviews like bitter taste, adulterated oil etc. Thanks for the 2 positive green light from RFDers. I'll check that out.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
1982 posts
280 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
Saw several new items in the 'prepared/take and bake section' curious if anyone has tried any of these, and if you do can you come back and say what you thought of them.
First is a tray of chicken quesadilla's they looked pretty good. They also have two soup kits one that is chicken noodle, and the other one an Asian beef, this one looked more like a stir fry to me because the beef strips had sesame seeds. There is a new prepared salad as well beets with mandarin oranges and a number of other things, I was in a rush so didn't have a lot of time to check out the ingredients.

On the cauliflower pearls. riced cauliflower I agree with everyone else, I bought this and thought it had a weird taste, I ended up just using it in soup, won't be buying it again. Better to just buy an actual head of cauliflower.