Food & Drink

What is on your shopping list for Costco?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2017 1:36 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2006
3696 posts
417 upvotes
BobSagget wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 9:21 pm
Has anyone seen the Mediterranean pasta salad they sell at Costco lately?
I haven't seen this since about August. By the math it's a good deal. Making it on your own costs about the same but gives you way too much at home to finish before you get tired of it.
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
14708 posts
18315 upvotes
ONTARIO
Mulder and Scully wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 8:50 pm
I haven't seen this since about August. By the math it's a good deal. Making it on your own costs about the same but gives you way too much at home to finish before you get tired of it.
Since August? Damn. Wonder why they got rid of it? It's soooo good.
If they don't get it back soon I am going to have to resort to trying to copycat it.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25466 posts
2767 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
BobSagget wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 1:10 am
Since August? Damn. Wonder why they got rid of it? It's soooo good.
If they don't get it back soon I am going to have to resort to trying to copycat it.
Looks pretty easy to make. Fusilli pasta, chick peas, tomatoes and feta cheese. Light olive oil.
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
14708 posts
18315 upvotes
ONTARIO
Gee wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 2:23 am
Looks pretty easy to make. Fusilli pasta, chick peas, tomatoes and feta cheese. Light olive oil.
Yeah the ingredients are not too complicated, but I am unsure what type of dressing is used. It's a vinaigrette dressing that is slightly purple in colour.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3884 posts
1257 upvotes
BobSagget wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 2:35 am
Yeah the ingredients are not too complicated, but I am unsure what type of dressing is used. It's a vinaigrette dressing that is slightly purple in colour.
balsamic vinegar + oil?
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2006
3696 posts
417 upvotes
BobSagget wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 2:35 am
You can use any salad dressing you prefer. I don't really like the one included in the package. I like this pasta salad because it's a good deal and is about 6 large portion sizes. I get tired of it by portion #3 or #4.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6214 posts
1111 upvotes
Bought two "new to my warehouse" products yesterday, 2 pack of Peri Peri chicken, in the deli, $15.69. Also Fosters Pickled Carrots, huge jar for $5.99. These seem very popular, they are certainly appetizing looking. About half the members checking out had a jar.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
1981 posts
279 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
bonterra wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 2:53 pm
Bought two "new to my warehouse" products yesterday, 2 pack of Peri Peri chicken, in the deli, $15.69. Also Fosters Pickled Carrots, huge jar for $5.99. These seem very popular, they are certainly appetizing looking. About half the members checking out had a jar.
You will have to let us know how the carrots taste. I was eyeing them, and then was nope I am going to wait until someone on RFD tries them first and reports back :)
Jul 29, 2013
371 posts
140 upvotes
JACKIE26 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 9:07 pm
You will have to let us know how the carrots taste. I was eyeing them, and then was nope I am going to wait until someone on RFD tries them first and reports back :)
Talking about carrots. Please try the fresh bagged large carrots. When you see the large size you think they are going to taste woody but they are so sweet and flavourful. What a bargain.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6214 posts
1111 upvotes
JACKIE26 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 9:07 pm
Twist my arm to eat pickles. Lol.

Just plowed through a bowl. Very good, nice fresh crunch, good quality sweet carrots, slight heat, nicely herbed with dill, not too salty. Great low calorie snack, and all that vitamin A from carrots. Definite rebuy, highly recommended. If I see that little asterisk on the shelf tag for these, will stockpile. Taste as good as they look.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
1981 posts
279 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
bonterra wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 10:41 pm

Just plowed through a bowl. Very good, nice fresh crunch, good quality sweet carrots, slight heat, nicely herbed with dill, not too salty. Great low calorie snack, and all that vitamin A from carrots. Definite rebuy, highly recommended. If I see that little asterisk on the shelf tag for these, will stockpile. Taste as good as they look.
Thanks I will be picking them up for sure now!!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
5700 posts
275 upvotes
BC
bonterra wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 10:41 pm

I hope we get them here
That's my 2cents worth
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
6945 posts
1444 upvotes
Toronto
lecale wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 11:13 am
balsamic vinegar + oil?
my guess would be red wine vinegar instead of the balsamic
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15740 posts
4460 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Creed Aventus

LOL
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game