Food & Drink

What is on your shopping list for Costco?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 11th, 2018 5:57 pm
Dec 14, 2010
437 posts
111 upvotes
Picked up the whole cold rotisserie chicken from the Warden location in Scarborough yesterday for $5.99. Great deal since we intend to portion out the chicken anyways and eat later.
Dec 1, 2016
100 posts
27 upvotes
EArly this month I saw the limocello cake at costco grimsby but it was gone in two days, and the woman at bakery told me it will not come back until easter. I do not know why they discontinue those cake.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
17904 posts
2588 upvotes
GTA West
talmcgill wrote:
Sep 21st, 2018 8:20 pm
EArly this month I saw the limocello cake at costco grimsby but it was gone in two days, and the woman at bakery told me it will not come back until easter. I do not know why they discontinue those cake.
Some products are considered seasonal.
Those 'Salt of the Earth Bean Crisps' are finally back, because they are seasonal. Why are they only a Winter product? I have no idea.
Tuition to the School of Life is not tax deductible.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
4118 posts
775 upvotes
Regina
Mars2012 wrote:
Sep 21st, 2018 2:03 am
Brisket restocked in Saskatoon. $8.99 per kg.

Saw vanilla beans finally. Gourmet brand, origin is Papua New Guinea. $21.99 for five beans. Last time I bought vanilla beans from Costco, it was Rodelle brand and was a pack of ten beans for $19.99.
yah in regina too, not sure about the brisket though
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
7185 posts
1443 upvotes
Mississauga
SunRype Apple Cider Vinegar drinks.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Dec 25, 2006
300 posts
198 upvotes
Winnipeg
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Sep 21st, 2018 8:53 pm
Those 'Salt of the Earth Bean Crisps' are finally back
And they're on sale this week - at least in the west. First time buying them....I think I'll need to stock up - very much enjoy them.
People will believe what they want to believe whether fact or fiction.
'tis most frustrating when they aren't open to see and/or learn which is which.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
4639 posts
1655 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Sep 21st, 2018 8:53 pm
Some products are considered seasonal.
Those 'Salt of the Earth Bean Crisps' are finally back, because they are seasonal. Why are they only a Winter product? I have no idea.
Loblaws and London Drugs also have them, in case you are missing them sometime in the future.
Aug 7, 2004
62 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
berieberie wrote:
Sep 21st, 2018 11:17 am
Picked up the whole cold rotisserie chicken from the Warden location in Scarborough yesterday for $5.99. Great deal since we intend to portion out the chicken anyways and eat later.
I checked last Saturday at this location and expected it to be in the open freezer section in front of the hot rotisserie chicken but couldn't find any. Previously, I found these at the Yorktech Dr. location.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2006
3952 posts
583 upvotes
xsilver wrote:
Sep 24th, 2018 11:20 am
I checked last Saturday at this location and expected it to be in the open freezer section in front of the hot rotisserie chicken but couldn't find any. Previously, I found these at the Yorktech Dr. location.
At the Markham location, I've only seen them have like 3-4 of the cold rotisserie chickens at a time. I've never seen them at the Scarborough Warden location. Sometimes I'll go to Costco at 8 PM and the rotisserie chickens have always been sold out.
Dec 14, 2010
437 posts
111 upvotes
xsilver wrote:
Sep 24th, 2018 11:20 am
They were in the open fridge section right next to the hot chickens. I would say maybe two items over?

Stopped by the costco on highway 7 and 400 and saw them there as well on Friday.
Jul 29, 2013
566 posts
231 upvotes
berieberie wrote:
Sep 21st, 2018 11:17 am
Thanks for the idea.
Went to Costco and could not find any so tapped on the door and the guy said the hot chickens are removed an hour or two after they are put out and put in the fridge to cool then repackaged and labelled into a square plastic container then put in the open lower cool bin to the right of the hot ones. This happens several times a day.
For $5.99 it's a steal. I bought one but should have bought more for the freezer.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10606 posts
1281 upvotes
I bought the Happy Planet Thai coconut soup as it was on sale. I wouldn't recommend. It seriously lacked flavor.
Aug 12, 2012
647 posts
160 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I'm really liking this Level Ground coffee. Picked it up on sale the other week (I think about $2 off), reg price is $16.99 for a 2lb bag. Even at regular price I'll buy again.

Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2006
3952 posts
583 upvotes
The Toronto Scarborough/Warden location now keeps the cold rotisserie chicken in the cold prepared meals section.

This location now also carries the cooked garlic chicken legs, which I personally like more than the whole rotisserie chicken but it's more expensive.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
2955 posts
493 upvotes
Aurora, ON
Propane tanks on 'sale' in our Newmarket Costco. $24.97 plus the cost of a fill, $12,29 and enviro fee, $1.75

At one time I thought they included the first fill in the purchase of a tank?