Food & Drink

What is on your shopping list for Costco?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2018 12:59 pm
Dec 1, 2016
100 posts
27 upvotes
How do you find the frozen shimp (uncooked) from India at Costco, is that better than shimp from Chinese grocerry store like Nations fresh, ocean, which mostly from Thailand (and probably Vietnam), China?
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2007
2490 posts
291 upvotes
Whitby
Stopped at the Scarborough Costco Business Centre - was good to see they side had a couple of pallets of charcoal so I picked up 3 more bags.
The Oshawa Costco one had emptied in August.
It's pronounced Throat Wobbler Mangrove
Jul 29, 2013
566 posts
232 upvotes
Does anyone know if Costco sells distilled water? I was there today but I forgot to look.
I am thinking of using it in my steam mop and humidifier this year.
Thanks
Dec 2, 2006
241 posts
74 upvotes
Ottawa
profile wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 11:47 pm
Does anyone know if Costco sells distilled water? I was there today but I forgot to look.
I am thinking of using it in my steam mop and humidifier this year.
Thanks
I don't remember seeing it. For my steam mop, I buy the 4l jugs from Walmart or Food Basics. They are usually about $1.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10428 posts
696 upvotes
xxxray wrote:
Oct 29th, 2018 9:24 pm
How do you prepare pork belly, Is it just thick bacon?
No it's very different. Bacon is cured already. You can cure the pork belly to make bacon, or you can braise it/stew it to make it very tender. Koreans tend to like to cut it like thick bacon and grill it, but personally I don't like it like that. If I want it grilled I want it braised till tender then pressed and cooled, then sliced and grilled.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2005
3235 posts
39 upvotes
GTA
On the way to the client saw these whole pork bellies at their Scarborough Costco. USDA.
Images
  • PorkBellyCostco02.jpg
  • PorkBellyCostco01.jpg
Jul 29, 2013
566 posts
232 upvotes
Tried Kirkland Pacific Bold dark roast coffee K-cups, new at my Costco.
Cost $36.99 for 110 pods.

Flavour was strong but not bitter. Will try adding a little water.
Oct 4, 2018
10 posts
3 upvotes
Donsuemor Traditional Madeleines
Kirkland Crepes (biscuits with Belgian chocolates)

Rare find of a bottle or two of Dior, Chanel No 5 / Allure / Coco Mademoissle, My Burberry Black etc. I know it is a bit early, but mom bought them for Xmas stuffers.
Dec 29, 2012
483 posts
84 upvotes
Scarborough
raymondly wrote:
Oct 31st, 2018 1:25 pm
Stopped at the Scarborough Costco Business Centre - was good to see they side had a couple of pallets of charcoal so I picked up 3 more bags.
The Oshawa Costco one had emptied in August.
Are the prices in store the same as the prices given on their website that says "delivered price"? Would hope it's cheaper when I stop at the store ...
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2007
2490 posts
291 upvotes
Whitby
Catnippy wrote:
Nov 4th, 2018 11:55 am
Are the prices in store the same as the prices given on their website that says "delivered price"? Would hope it's cheaper when I stop at the store ...
For sure cheaper - the charcoal on the website is listed as 17.59$ (delivered) and in store it was 13.99.
I like that place because it is not as busy as the warden costco
It's pronounced Throat Wobbler Mangrove
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4734 posts
1156 upvotes
Alberta
More frozen shrimp dumplings like the ones they have at dim sum. Eggs, cheese and Kirkland toilet paper.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
1457 posts
539 upvotes
Eggs, chorizo, mussels, tea, and...

Trying the frozen french onion soup for the first time. Surprisingly low calories (220) per serving, although it's a bit heavy on the sodium. For $8 I'll take the chance on it.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10428 posts
696 upvotes
13inches wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 6:58 am
Eggs, chorizo, mussels, tea, and...

Trying the frozen french onion soup for the first time. Surprisingly low calories (220) per serving, although it's a bit heavy on the sodium. For $8 I'll take the chance on it.
The chorizo is great. I cut them up into chunks and keep them in a ziploc in the freezer. Great for adding more flavour to anything you are cooking. As needed, pull one out and slice them frozen (very easy), then they're ready to fry in some olive oil before adding whatever it is you are cooking. Yesterday added a can of chickpeas, diced zucchini, raw onion. Just tossed in the hot oil and was so good.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
1457 posts
539 upvotes
Chorizo goes in my scrambled eggs every morning. Delicious.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
5624 posts
1267 upvotes
Markham
13inches wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 5:34 pm
Chorizo goes in my scrambled eggs every morning. Delicious.
Ever take it a bit farther and make chilaquiles.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

KevCnew, spooky