Food & Drink

What is on your shopping list for Costco?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2019 9:13 pm
Dec 7, 2009
243 posts
101 upvotes
burbs
On our next trip to Florida, it will be a few bottles of liquor and Cholula.

Cholula was about $6 USD/2 pack for the large bottles, 360 ml / 12 oz. Got them at the Business Costco in Orlando. They will also individualy vacuum seal your steaks there.

Also the liquor. The cognac is $46 USD and the 1.75l bottle of scotch was $15.99 USD. They also have a 12 year old for $38ish.
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
5896 posts
358 upvotes
BC
KevCnew wrote:
Nov 21st, 2018 12:59 pm
Craving steak - tempted to grab one of those big striploin packs and cut my steaks myself. Does anyone know if they go on sale regularly? How much $/kg? Cheers,
Not frequently, but they do go on sale. The whole tenderloins go on sale most often at $15 off a whole... the strip and boneless rib less often at $25 off each whole.

Meat sales are weekly now where before it was rare that there was a sale on the meat. And its always a dollar figure off, not a set price per kg.
That's my 2cents worth
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
5896 posts
358 upvotes
BC
Cioppino, has anyone tried this? Its in the deli section.

I picked up a bourbon barrel cake for the holidays, its huge, I hope its good.
That's my 2cents worth
Jan 18, 2017
376 posts
129 upvotes
Keelie wrote:
Dec 17th, 2018 8:51 pm
Not frequently, but they do go on sale. The whole tenderloins go on sale most often at $15 off a whole... the strip and boneless rib less often at $25 off each whole.

Meat sales are weekly now where before it was rare that there was a sale on the meat. And its always a dollar figure off, not a set price per kg.
Thanks for the response! Yes, I saw tenderloin on sale at $15 off ... tenderloin is too pricey for me, and I rather eat strip/rib anyway. Hope I'm able to catch the next sale of those!
Jul 29, 2013
626 posts
278 upvotes
KevCnew wrote:
Dec 18th, 2018 8:31 am
Thanks for the response! Yes, I saw tenderloin on sale at $15 off ... tenderloin is too pricey for me, and I rather eat strip/rib anyway. Hope I'm able to catch the next sale of those!
KevCnew, If you appreciate Keelie for sharing information why not thank her/him with a thumbs up to show it?
It is nice to be acknowledged for helping someone though not necessary.
Jan 18, 2017
376 posts
129 upvotes
profile wrote:
Dec 18th, 2018 10:16 am
KevCnew, If you appreciate Keelie for sharing information why not thank her/him with a thumbs up to show it?
It is nice to be acknowledged for helping someone though not necessary.
Forgot about that :) Just thanked, and you too for reminding me :D
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2015
1395 posts
654 upvotes
KevCnew wrote:
Nov 21st, 2018 12:59 pm
Craving steak - tempted to grab one of those big striploin packs and cut my steaks myself. Does anyone know if they go on sale regularly? How much $/kg? Cheers,
I find at Costco it doesn't go on sale that often other than the $ off per package. A better way to buy would be to buy in the right season. Beef goes cheaper usually Nov/Dec and March.
On a 'smart' device that isn't always so smart. So please forgive the autocorrects and typos. If it brothers you, then don't read my posts, but don't waste my time correcting me. If you can get past the typos, then my posts generally have some value.
May 7, 2008
593 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone seen Sikorski Debrecyna sausages in any Costcos in GTA?

I bought a pack at Thorncliffe and went back to get some more, but haven't seen them since. Employees don't even know what I'm asking for, so they can't even tell me if they are discontinued.

https://sikorski.ca/products/b-b-q-debrecyna/

Please I need these sausages!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
7816 posts
1076 upvotes
Toronto
I recently bought the Savanna Orchards gourmet honey roasted nut mix because I saw so many people picking up multiple cans.
Tastes terrible to me but I guess most people may be gifting it.
That Lindt panettone at $20 seems much but it's lindt.
Lot's of people grabbing the Godiva basket as well.
Decided to try the Turkey and Provolone sandwich.
They did not wrap it properly and as I was placing it in my bag, it spilled out of the wrapper into my cart.
I had to dump it off course, but maybe another time I'll try it.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6657 posts
1334 upvotes
Keelie wrote:
Dec 17th, 2018 8:52 pm
Cioppino, has anyone tried this? Its in the deli section.

I picked up a bourbon barrel cake for the holidays, its huge, I hope its good.
Did you try the cake yet? It looks so good.

No Cioppino here but the Lobster Bisque is back. Also in the deli.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
5896 posts
358 upvotes
BC
bonterra wrote:
Dec 21st, 2018 5:03 pm
Did you try the cake yet? It looks so good.

No Cioppino here but the Lobster Bisque is back. Also in the deli.
No, have not tried the cake yet, its going to be dessert Christmas with hard sauce!

Have had the Lobster Bisque and was not a big enough fan to re buy.
That's my 2cents worth
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6657 posts
1334 upvotes
Keelie wrote:
Dec 21st, 2018 5:46 pm
No, have not tried the cake yet, its going to be dessert Christmas with hard sauce!

Have had the Lobster Bisque and was not a big enough fan to re buy.
I hope I get to try it this time, last time I bought it we had a power outage and I had to pitch it.

Is the Bourbon cake like a fruit cake? It sure is heavy!!
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2004
4597 posts
311 upvotes
Toronto
You happen to have a photo of it in package?
antihero wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 12:49 am

I bought a pack at Thorncliffe and went back to get some more, but haven't seen them since. Employees don't even know what I'm asking for, so they can't even tell me if they are discontinued.

h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
5889 posts
1418 upvotes
Markham
antihero wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 12:49 am

I think they sell Sikorski stuff at T&t on Yonge and 16th. If you can't find it there, I would go get debrecyna at Yummy mkt on Dufferin and Finch.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
5896 posts
358 upvotes
BC
bonterra wrote:
Dec 21st, 2018 9:50 pm
I hope I get to try it this time, last time I bought it we had a power outage and I had to pitch it.

Is the Bourbon cake like a fruit cake? It sure is heavy!!
Its dark, with walnuts and a caramel/chocolate drizzle overtop. And very moist. Cant wait to try it, going to heat it up so the hard sauce can melt over top. Traditionally we always have warm plum pudding with the hard sauce melted over top so I hope this is as good.
That's my 2cents worth

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

papermate2, aznprince30