Computers & Electronics

What're some solutions for selectable multi-room (4-6) Wireless Speaker set-ups?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 10th, 2012 9:25 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
26834 posts
405 upvotes
Ottawa

What're some solutions for selectable multi-room (4-6) Wireless Speaker set-ups?

Dad recently fully renovated and now wants the home audibly infused. Doesn't care for the in-wall solution, just wants a couple speakers hidden in corners plugged into a wall.

Nothing too thunderous., just solid decent sound. Doesn't need a home theatre component to that, but I'm sure could be swayed hehe.

Is there such a receiver that will connect a 12-20 speakers wirelessly with decent range throughout a home?

Being able to select which rooms are turned on is a requirement.

Now I'm curious., with wireless speakers, are they powered on constantly or can you find ones with a remote that will allow you to remotely turn them on/off? That would be ideal.

He's old school (no surprise) so frankly, if he see Bose offering anything in their line, he might be buying that.

I've seen airplay speakers? Could we potentially connect multiple airplay speakers with one iOS device? Not really a preferred option, but I told him he could just get a radio app and listen to the radio through his iphone. Doesn't want a dedicated iphone/ipod connected, or have to connect his iphone while listening. Rather it just be a receiver.
●unlim CDN air&msging●unlim Global SMS●CD/VM●6Gb●$50
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Suck it Trebeck]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
2 replies
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
26834 posts
405 upvotes
Ottawa
Post-Awesome week-end bump.
●unlim CDN air&msging●unlim Global SMS●CD/VM●6Gb●$50
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Suck it Trebeck]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
13360 posts
683 upvotes
Airport express + iTunes library on networked computer plus iPhone/iPod touch/iPad with remote installed. Device with remote installed doesn't have to be plugged into anything and can control the library and which airport express is receiving the music wirelessly. It wouldn't be cheap though, each airport express is going to run you $100 and you will need speakers that can plug into a 3.5mm jack.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
× < >