Shopping Discussion

What's the best Japanese electric water boiler for the price?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 13th, 2016 11:15 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4452 posts
641 upvotes
Toronto

What's the best Japanese electric water boiler for the price?

Looking for one of those Japanese electric water boilers like this:
https://www.amazon.ca/ZOJI-Zojirushi-Co ... B00R4HKIV8

Which one should I get that's good and carries a good price (doesn't have to be the cheapest one, I want something that will last)

Also, what is a good size for 2 people? 3L? 4L? 5L?
5 replies
Dec 29, 2012
700 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
fightbriz wrote:
Apr 11th, 2016 9:39 pm
Looking for one of those Japanese electric water boilers like this:
https://www.amazon.ca/ZOJI-Zojirushi-Co ... B00R4HKIV8

Which one should I get that's good and carries a good price (doesn't have to be the cheapest one, I want something that will last)

Also, what is a good size for 2 people? 3L? 4L? 5L?
I got the exact same model for $250 after tax from Neohome at Market Village. I've had it for about 6 months. No complaints so far.
Banned
Nov 29, 2015
1424 posts
520 upvotes
Brossard, QC
Is it too expensive to get a Water Boiler? But with the warmer it can keep water in different temps. This function is nice.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4024 posts
652 upvotes
Richmond
it can take quite the beating lol. really depends on how much hot water you drink. do you want to refill it all the time?

we have one at work that holds just 2 litres and we have to refill it all the time. *thinks someone got tired of it being too small and offloaded it into the staff room.*
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2005
5499 posts
403 upvotes
Before having the kid, a 4L boiler is more than enough for my wife and I. We could have settle for 3L.

And just because you got a 4L boiler, it doesn't mean you have to fill to the top. The less water in there means the less power needed to keep the water hot, energy saving. Also the price delta is small between different sizes.

Bare in mind the following factors
- how much hot drinks (or water) do use make on a daily basis?
- seasonal usage (summer vs. winter)
- do you have guest coming over? (serving tea and hot drinks)
- time when you make instant noodles
- how often are you away from home. (water older than 3 days, if not refilled, should be dumped)

[use filter water whenever possible]