Cell Phones

What's the best payout you got for your recent cellphone device sales?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2019 12:40 am
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
6489 posts
2585 upvotes
Kootenays
jay-em wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 7:56 pm
How's it cheating?
Isn't the consumer(s) job to do their homework & cross-shop to get the best deal possible.
Unfortunately not everyone does it.

Also I'd like to add ticket scalping is totally different from Koodo churning.
Ticket scalping is where there's a limit of availability, hence drive the prices up.
Whereas Koodo its available to everyone, it's just there are people who are reluctant to do it.
I'm all for getting the best deal possible, but not then turning around and reselling the phone and posting in every Koodo thread about how I got 8 phones last time and sold them on Kijiji for hundreds more than I paid for them. I just don't want the golden goose to stop laying eggs. I'll probably want to upgrade my S7 the next time I'm offered a tab reduction.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
16913 posts
5450 upvotes
Toronto
smacd wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 5:25 pm
In my mind, churning is cheating, no different than ticket scalping. Everyone's moral compass is different, I guess. I would just hate to see some pinhead in a suit bring a thread like this into a focus group and kill the program. I'd hate to have to go back to buying Moto Gs.
Hold on there Bubba Louie! Where did I mention anything here about what I did with the phone that I purchased at a great price? Not just me, who else said I turned around and made a huge profit reselling the phone? As for purchasing multiple phones, that again is within the rules set by Koodo. If you look at my post, I did not mention how many phones I purchased. I didn't see anyone gloating about purchasing a dozen phones in this thread. Even if they did, maybe they had a dozen eligible lines. Do you know how many lines or how many accounts I have? What about others? If Koodo is not going to judge me, please don't do it on their behalf.
Koodo $35/5GB and $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo $120/12GB/90 days
Fido $0/3GB
Rogers $25 500U home internet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
16913 posts
5450 upvotes
Toronto
smacd wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 9:39 pm
I'm all for getting the best deal possible, but not then turning around and reselling the phone and posting in every Koodo thread about how I got 8 phones last time and sold them on Kijiji for hundreds more than I paid for them. I just don't want the golden goose to stop laying eggs. I'll probably want to upgrade my S7 the next time I'm offered a tab reduction.
Go and attack that person in that thread, but don't carry the venom everywhere. At the end of day, nobody is forced to buy the churned phones at any price. Let me give you some advice, pay off the tab for that outdated S7. It will enhance your chances of getting a great offer from Koodo. When you see the great offer from Koodo, connect the dots. Perhaps Koodo values those who buy a lot more phones than you do. Give a shout out to those who help Koodo clear their shelves of excess inventory.
Koodo $35/5GB and $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo $120/12GB/90 days
Fido $0/3GB
Rogers $25 500U home internet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4819 posts
809 upvotes
Mississauga
will888 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 2:49 pm
The RFD mantra is.... Buy now think later. Two weeks ago, I decided to sleep on an offer to get a P20 pro for $310 all in on either small or medium tab. I woke up next morning to see the offer gone. Ever since then, I recite the RFD mantra to myself daily.
thanks to rfd...i took advantage of this cuz hard to pass up... but i also needed a new phone too...$510 was too hefty for me even though you get a watch... but $310 with no watch was a no brainer...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
6489 posts
2585 upvotes
Kootenays
will888 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 10:36 pm
Hold on there Bubba Louie! Where did I mention anything here about what I did with the phone that I purchased at a great price? Not just me, who else said I turned around and made a huge profit reselling the phone? As for purchasing multiple phones, that again is within the rules set by Koodo. If you look at my post, I did not mention how many phones I purchased. I didn't see anyone gloating about purchasing a dozen phones in this thread. Even if they did, maybe they had a dozen eligible lines. Do you know how many lines or how many accounts I have? What about others? If Koodo is not going to judge me, please don't do it on their behalf.
No offense intended, but isn't the thread title here "What's the best payout you got your recent cellphone device sales"? To me, that's asking how much profit you made reselling a phone.