Fashion & Apparel

Whats the "best" or prestigious mens wallet out there?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 24th, 2008 1:35 am
Tags:
None
Oct 28, 2006
915 posts
4 upvotes

Whats the "best" or prestigious mens wallet out there?

Hi i was wondering, what is the most top brand name for mens wallets out there? For example Louis Vuitton/Gucci/Prada etc

can you also explain why these brand names are soo expensive? Like what makes LV soo expensive compared to the other wallets? (besides the NAME)

And please dont say its according to personal preference....

when i mean best, i mean like best quality, durability, (MAYBE LOOKS cause this DOES depend on yourself) and usefullness (How many cards can hold, pocket for receipts/bills)

thanks
38 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
18575 posts
503 upvotes
Montreal
It's all relative. If 'best' to you is determined by price, then buy the most expensive.

IMO, LV is tops.
[OP]
Oct 28, 2006
915 posts
4 upvotes
najibs wrote:
Nov 1st, 2006 9:50 pm
It's all relative. If 'best' to you is determined by price, then buy the most expensive.

IMO, LV is tops.
but why is it tops though? because its the most expensive? are you sure is LV is the most expensive for mens out there? I think i heard Hermes was the most but i dont know if they serve to the mens market by making wallets do they?
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2003
3132 posts
15 upvotes
it is personal preference. Depends on what kind of wallet is best for you. Some people like the look of prada, some like gucci, some like fat wallets, some like card holders. IMO a rubber band will do the same as what a wallet will do, so in terms of best for price i'm going with a rubber band. I'd probably never buy a wallet for myself, unless it was on sale or something. I find stuff like that mostly the type of stuff you'd buy somebody for a gift.
Wealth Is Of The Heart And Mind, Not The Pocket
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
18575 posts
503 upvotes
Montreal
rong_feng wrote:
Nov 1st, 2006 9:56 pm
but why is it tops though?
It's tops IMO, because I like the LV brand, and have a high regard for it.
Jun 11, 2006
427 posts
North York. Toronto
I believe that the most prestigious way to hold money currently is in the form of a black plastic card with a magnetic strip (aka Black American Express). If you prefer to roll with cash, then get a tiffanys diamond studded money clip.

Leave the wallet at home. Carry a titanium (or another exotic metal) card holder and a money clip with you. Or if you are a softie and metal is too hardcore for you, get any wallet made with wild exotic animals (seriously... red moon used to make komodo dragon wallets, and some other company used sea turtle leather).
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2005
9916 posts
22 upvotes
Hermes...
If they make a Birkin wallet then there you go.
In Every Heart Red Strength, Our Hearts Are Many, Our Strength Your Envy
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
3496 posts
281 upvotes
Money Clip for sure

Quality difference isn't gonna be as big as the price difference.

Take a Fossil wallet and an LV wallet. 10-20x difference in price but not 10x-20x difference in quality. Maybe 2-3x better because it's top tier materials. Majority of price is difference is because of brand and style. So in that case, it's really personal opinion.

I prefer to stay away from overtly brand names like LV and Coach. Everyone seems to have one if it's real or fake. Avoid the bandwagon.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2003
3132 posts
15 upvotes
I don't really carry wallets. I'm a card holder man myself. I have a cole hann one that I've been using for the last 5 years that refuses to die. (So thats a good thing) I do have a patent Dior one waiting in a box when that day comes to replace my current one. But if I could pick any wallet, (or card holder) that I really would want, it would be a Goyard one.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2003
3132 posts
15 upvotes
hugejazz wrote:
Nov 1st, 2006 11:44 pm
I believe that the most prestigious way to hold money currently is in the form of a black plastic card with a magnetic strip (aka Black American Express). If you prefer to roll with cash, then get a tiffanys diamond studded money clip.

Leave the wallet at home. Carry a titanium (or another exotic metal) card holder and a money clip with you. Or if you are a softie and metal is too hardcore for you, get any wallet made with wild exotic animals (seriously... red moon used to make komodo dragon wallets, and some other company used sea turtle leather).
Actually the black card isn't plastic, it's metal. And there are cards out there that are far more exclusive.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2006
3229 posts
144 upvotes
It's mostly brand that makes things more expensive since you're paying royalty to own the name.

I myself have a Prada wallet (got it as a gift). It's a 6CC money clip leather wallet and I really like it because it's very thin.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
28318 posts
823 upvotes
The best wallet I've ever owned (and still do) is a denim wallet I bought from Zellers ten years ago.

× < >