• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2018 8:00 am
Tags:
May 12, 2014
227 posts
86 upvotes
Brampton, ON

What's going on with IPTV?

Since yesterday there's black out on my IPTV, I checked with more friends, some of them have IPTV off and others is running fine. Is there any news on this?
19 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2005
5897 posts
301 upvotes
GTA
I just came back from a large IPTV Express reseller ( I have 2 Mag254 boxes myself with IPTV Express) in Brampton and the prognosis doesn't look good at all. I was told privately that they were shut down and if they do come back online, and that's a big if, there will no longer be any Canadian content....
Looks like my RFD account was recently hacked. I do not sell anything on RFD especially GC's.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
3661 posts
1079 upvotes
Whitby
sunnybono wrote: I just came back from a large IPTV Express reseller ( I have 2 Mag254 boxes myself with IPTV Express) in Brampton and the prognosis doesn't look good at all. I was told privately that they were shut down and if they do come back online, and that's a big if, there will no longer be any Canadian content....
Well I guess its high time i switch providers....
Deal Addict
May 10, 2006
2759 posts
131 upvotes
Iptvsubs is taking advantage of the situation. Use coupon code expressdown25 for 25% off. I think they messed up the coupon code tho, it's actually giving $25 off!
May 12, 2014
227 posts
86 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Mine is back up now and now it excludes Canadian content :(
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
2218 posts
1282 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I have the gold one, missing many channels such as cp24, Canadian sport channels such as tsn, sportsnet etc.

the person i got it from texted me back saying "they are working on it"....
Oct 18, 2005
442 posts
197 upvotes
I noticed with crown yesterday as well that all Canadian contents was gone. Couldn't find TSN or Sportsnet channels.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
12381 posts
11307 upvotes
Im pretty sure they got handed some legal notice by a judge which we dont know about and most are shutting their cdn content down.

Remember it is ILLEGAL to stream some other companies intellectual property without their permission... so if the content is down you cant be crying about it... sorry the way of the world lol.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
3661 posts
1079 upvotes
Whitby
Sanyo wrote: Im pretty sure they got handed some legal notice by a judge which we dont know about and most are shutting their cdn content down.

Remember it is ILLEGAL to stream some other companies intellectual property without their permission... so if the content is down you cant be crying about it... sorry the way of the world lol.
As I have been told by the folks on reddit, you may be able to ask your reseller of express to put you on the "YOYO" package which does indeed contain the canadian content. Just an FYI for anyone still trying.

I on the other hand am only missing TSN for the catch up feature on weekends for soccer
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
3458 posts
3341 upvotes
anyone know of a good service that's got canadian content?
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13940 posts
5439 upvotes
settv source their channels from candian sats
tim-x wrote: anyone know of a good service that's got canadian content?
The sweetest gyal
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
3458 posts
3341 upvotes
sexyj wrote: settv source their channels from candian sats

know of a reliable reseller for them? do you know cost?
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13940 posts
5439 upvotes
You can buy it on their website. 20US per month for up to 3 devices under the same ip
tim-x wrote: know of a reliable reseller for them? do you know cost?
The sweetest gyal
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2652 posts
2237 upvotes
GTA
I have an older (old) Android box with Kodi 16 - which I can no longer update / upgrade. I am tinkering about getting IPTV now.

Any suggestions on a cheap IPTV provider for basic stuffs like local Toronto news and be able to watch the Jays, Raptors and the Leafs ?

If all possible, cheapest way would be free.

TIA
;)
¸

- - - - -
;)
May 12, 2014
227 posts
86 upvotes
Brampton, ON
DragOnT wrote: I have an older (old) Android box with Kodi 16 - which I can no longer update / upgrade. I am tinkering about getting IPTV now.

Any suggestions on a cheap IPTV provider for basic stuffs like local Toronto news and be able to watch the Jays, Raptors and the Leafs ?

If all possible, cheapest way would be free.

TIA
;)

Usually IPTV providers are charging $15 per month with Canadian channels/sports/movies/US/foriegn channels.
Jun 16, 2008
395 posts
259 upvotes
Brampton
So with IPTV Express down, who are people subscribing with these days?
Group Buys Organized:
Netflix UHD+4K
Prime Video
Spotify
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2012
1038 posts
1007 upvotes
London, ON
bump! is IPTV Express resolved, or how about Crown IP TV? thanks!
Dec 28, 2007
54 posts
8 upvotes
Ontario
my coworker has iptv donations, one of the options has good Canadian content but have yet to check it out myself
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
4566 posts
1184 upvotes
Golden Horseshoe
I know I'm bumping up an old thread, but I'm looking for an IPTV service that would include Global TV... is there any??
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
Dish Network Files Two Lawsuits Against Pirate IPTV Providers
Dish Network, a leading US TV provider with more than 13 million subscribers, is continuing its crackdown on unauthorized streaming services. In a pair of lawsuits filed in Maryland and Texas, Dish targets two illicit IPTV providers, claiming that each illegally captures and retransmits dozens of its channels to US citizens.

https://torrentfreak.com/dish-network-f ... rs-180103/

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)