5089 upvotes
Southern Ontario
A few factors why people say one or the other
-brand history
-lack of current knowledge
-brand loyalty
-buyer appreciation (or remorse)
-price, it’s why we’re here right?

Ergonomically, I recommend people go to a physical store and handle them. What feels good in your hands? Put it up to your face. Are you a viewfinder shooter or LCD screen? Then factor prices. If you get into it, it’s a lot more than that initial body and kit lens.

Listen, but don’t let the salesperson influence you, even they can steer you towards what they like and not necessarily what is best for you, or try to sell certain stock.

Yes, smaller mirrorless cost more especially if you get into more lenses, maybe it’s worth it, maybe not, consider the size of your bag or backpack. Use or lose it. If it’s not on you, you can’t take pics with it.

It’s not the end of the world if you buy a camera and realize another type is better, we can all adapt.

We all have individual preferences, there’s no right answer, and we’re all coming from different budgets.
Apr 6, 2015
40 posts
3 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Mistersprinkles wrote:
Apr 27th, 2018 3:32 pm
You can get a Canon T6 for $499 pretty much anywhere with an 18-55mm EF-S non IS non STM (image stabilization/stepping motor) lens.

I picked one up recently and have also got a 55-250mm EF-S IS STM lens as well as a 50mm. Photography is fun. The T6 is a decent camera. It's not as good as the T5i or the T6i or the new T7i.

Actually here's a great deal on a T6 with an IS kit lens. Very nice. Henry's is a good store. They're all over the GTA.

https://www.henrys.com/93526-CANON-EOS- ... IS-II.aspx

Here are some T6 sample images that I shot myself. Still learning. It's a fun camera and great for a beginner.

If you will mostly be taking pictures of people and you want them to pop and have nice background blur, pick up the $180 50mm F1.8 Canon lens with your T6. It's great. Buy an extra battery. You'll appreciate having it.

Also keep in mind that your camera is sensitive equipment and read up on proper handling and cleaning procedures. There are lots of things I didn't know like that you should point the camera at the ground when you swap lenses to prevent dust from getting inside the camera.

1u2EXeu.jpg2iDyN4n.jpgIMG_3144.jpgk3Cb3qh.jpgTxuka3i.jpg
I have heard a lot of people say negative things about the Canon t6, as a beginner for photography would that be a good camera for me? Also I have been told to pay the extra couple hundred for a t6i. Do you guys recommend it?
Lastly, if a t6 is good is there any recommended lens that i get to pair with it?
My budget is around $500 but if its worth it to go over a little bit I can go to around $700-$800.
Also I am not limiting my self to Canon just what ever would be the best option for a beginner and possibly eventually get a lot more into photography.