Entertainment

What's a good way to get to FanExpo in Toronto from Markham?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2017 9:38 am
Nov 14, 2015
35 posts
Toronto, ON

What's a good way to get to FanExpo in Toronto from Markham?

My brother and I live in Markham and we want to head to FanExpo in Toronto, so we were wondering, what would be a good way to head there?
15 replies
Mar 17, 2006
738 posts
203 upvotes
Markham
GO Transit.
There's a few stops in Markham that goes to Union Station.

When I went on the Sunday last year, there were other people on the bus dressed for the event also heading to it.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2006
2069 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
+ 1 for GO Transit. Its' the easiest and basically takes you right there as it's a short walk to MTCC from Union Station.
My XBL/PSN: evilenger
Nov 14, 2015
35 posts
Toronto, ON
gatorb6 wrote: + 1 for GO Transit. Its' the easiest and basically takes you right there as it's a short walk to MTCC from Union Station.
I was wondering, I have never used Go Transit, so do I buy the tickets there or online before I take the ride? As well is it a train or a bus?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5897 posts
2950 upvotes
Toronto
HierophantGreen wrote: I was wondering, I have never used Go Transit, so do I buy the tickets there or online before I take the ride? As well is it a train or a bus?
It's a train that takes you all the way downtown. You can just go to a GO station and buy a 2 way ticket there. Just ask the person at the sales booth how to get to Union Station. From Union, you can easily walk to the Convention Centre, and there's even a skyway path or you can walk outside.
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
HierophantGreen wrote: I was wondering, I have never used Go Transit, so do I buy the tickets there or online before I take the ride? As well is it a train or a bus?
Are you new to GO?
http://www.gotransit.com/public/en/trav ... wtogo.aspx

GO Transit offers two methods of fare payment; PRESTO, the reloadable electronic fare card and paper tickets and passes.

Learn about payment options and calculate your fare here.
http://www.gotransit.com/publicroot/en/ ... lator.aspx
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19240 posts
17869 upvotes
GTA, ON
How old are you OP? It's an odd question. Anyhow:

1) Drive and park
2) GO Transit (train or bus) to Union Station
3) YRT / Viva to TTC subway station (Don Mills or Finch Stn), then TTC subway down to Union Station
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Nov 14, 2015
35 posts
Toronto, ON
I was wondering, in Markham, I should head to the Union Staton there, correct? As well,does the Train go directly you union station in Toronto?
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
3195 posts
1127 upvotes
HierophantGreen wrote: I was wondering, in Markham, I should head to the Union Staton there, correct? As well,does the Train go directly you union station in Toronto?
I don't think the train operates on the weekends, just the buses. And yes, just get off at Union, and then you can just walk over to the convention center.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
HierophantGreen wrote: I was wondering, in Markham, I should head to the Union Staton there, correct? As well,does the Train go directly you union station in Toronto?
sharpshooter88 wrote: I don't think the train operates on the weekends, just the buses. And yes, just get off at Union, and then you can just walk over to the convention center.
There is one train southbound and northbound on Fanexpo weekend.

Stouffville line schedule
http://www.gotransit.com/timetables/en/ ... parentid=1
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
The only thing I can suggest is if you plan on taking the GO bus... take some gravol first. GO Bus drivers have no chill.
Nov 14, 2015
35 posts
Toronto, ON
I am going thursday. I check google maps and shows me a bus schedule, so should I just take the bus? Or should I see which one I can take when I head to Union station?
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
HierophantGreen wrote: I am going thursday. I check google maps and shows me a bus schedule, so should I just take the bus? Or should I see which one I can take when I head to Union station?
Use https://www.triplinx.ca/

Triplinx is the official trip planner and transportation information resource for the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area.
Jun 16, 2016
73 posts
8 upvotes
Union is downtown, Unionville has one of Markham's go station

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)