Food & Drink

Whats the Highest Alcohol content drink sold @ LCBO?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2010 11:32 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 29, 2005
31 posts
1 upvote

Whats the Highest Alcohol content drink sold @ LCBO?

Do they have some sort of equivalant to Everclear? If not whats the drink with the highest content?
44 replies
Jun 11, 2006
427 posts
North York. Toronto
I've never seen Everclear at the LCBO before (as a matter of fact, probably never seen it in canada before).

I guess Barcardi 151 (75.5%) is the max you can get at the LCBO. I am not entirely sure because I don't know what the legal limit on alcohol proofage is in canada.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2005
5741 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
hugejazz wrote:
Oct 14th, 2006 1:54 am
I've never seen Everclear at the LCBO before (as a matter of fact, probably never seen it in canada before).

I guess Barcardi 151 (75.5%) is the max you can get at the LCBO. I am not entirely sure because I don't know what the legal limit on alcohol proofage is in canada.
Then what do we use to make Jello shots? When I in Texas, my cousin told me everclear was used to make them and I got dared to drink a capful of it. Boy was I ever stupid. I couldn't breath for 5 seconds.
Heat 43-0-0
Oct 9, 2006
148 posts
you can use vodka...

or you can use the stuff the above person mentioned. Bacardi 151
Banned
Jan 3, 2006
1888 posts
5 upvotes
hugejazz wrote:
Oct 14th, 2006 1:54 am

Cool.

Anyone seen Absynth for sale in GTA?
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2006
3615 posts
45 upvotes
I'm pretty sure I've seen grain spirit (90%-ish) in LCBO
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
1049 posts
11 upvotes
they sell the imitation stuff at lcbo
rosebud wrote:
Oct 14th, 2006 5:38 pm
Cool.

Anyone seen Absynth for sale in GTA?
Banned
Jan 3, 2006
1888 posts
5 upvotes
bob0 wrote:
Oct 14th, 2006 10:34 pm
they sell the imitation stuff at lcbo
that's what a was afraid of...........
Jun 11, 2006
427 posts
North York. Toronto
I saw Absinthe at the Summerhill and Younge LCBO a week ago. It comes with the spoon thing too.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2002
5526 posts
83 upvotes
Vancouver
hugejazz wrote:
Oct 15th, 2006 5:24 pm
I saw Absinthe at the Summerhill and Younge LCBO a week ago. It comes with the spoon thing too.
It's the fake stuff with no/little wormwood in it. You can drink a hundred bottles and not get the effect of the real stuff.

Good stuff comes from over seas in Romania or Czech I believe. People also sell wormwood on ebay so you can make your owq absinthe.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
3680 posts
266 upvotes
There is something they sell that is ~90% alcohol. Can't remember what it's called atm though, and the search function at the lcbo website is down atm. Next time it's back up select Product Type - Spirits, Product Category - Alcohol and it's there.

I do believe it requires a prescription to get it, but I've never asked so I could be wrong on this. I believe it's a special order item.

Off the shelf though, 151 is your best bet AFAIK.
Everything in moderation... including moderation :twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6109 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto
Bazooka Joe wrote:
Oct 16th, 2006 9:38 am
There is something they sell that is ~90% alcohol. Can't remember what it's called atm though, and the search function at the lcbo website is down atm. Next time it's back up select Product Type - Spirits, Product Category - Alcohol and it's there.

I do believe it requires a prescription to get it, but I've never asked so I could be wrong on this. I believe it's a special order item.

Off the shelf though, 151 is your best bet AFAIK.
...Are you serious? A prescription to get liquor? I didn't know the LCBO had pharmacisst there?
I'm going to try this next time......thanks!
Ne0's items:Finito
♠ G@mer & t3<h [onnoisseur ♠ Spitting t3<hy lingo since the 80's

Send PM's HERE♠ eBay|600+ ♠ | XB360 GT:Ask? ♠ PSN ID:ILLmatic_KINGPIN
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
3680 posts
266 upvotes
Search is functional again. It's called Alcohol - 95*, item number 288142. It's $23.85 for a 500ml bottle, 95% alcohol. I can't link because it's in some sort of a frame, with the properties location being http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/ProductResultsController.

If anyone does try and buy this stuff let me know how it goes. I was going to use it as camping fuel (both for the stove and to get toasted after) but ended up just getting the old Heet (for fuel) and SoCo (to get toasted) instead.

Edit: I was told second hand you needed a prescription for it, but not from anyone remotely attached to either the medical profession, lawmakers or the LCBO.
Everything in moderation... including moderation :twisted:
× < >