Site Comments & Suggestions

What's the long term goal for this forum from Yellow Pages' view?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 24th, 2012 6:48 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31842 posts
1326 upvotes
masterhapposai wrote:
Jun 7th, 2012 11:52 am
Either way, you must admit that the site grew fast, when there were smaller forums such as the Politics forum, which kept those threads entirely out of the Off-Topic area.

Whereas right now, I bet the mods are being overworked trying to deal with all the reporting going on. I mean, if I were to strictly follow the new rules, I will be reporting about 100x a day. I honestly see that much of a frequency of infractions under the new rules.

I'm assuming the site continued to grow at a healthy rate even AFTER Ryan shut down the Politics & Religion forum.
" The placebo effect is the most powerful supplement of all "
" The pain of discipline weighs ounces, the pain of neglect weighs tons "
" The best training in the world can't overcome a lousy diet "
TRAIN HARD !!!!
Banned
Jan 16, 2012
55 posts
18 upvotes
OAKVILLE
don't know about anyone else.for me i have not seen any deal that i would spend any money on.
there is nothing special.
rehashed advertisements is all i see.
since you have changed.i myself has not spent a dollar on any of the hot deals posts,not because i don't want too.there is nothing there for me.
i'll look, then i find myself going to the u.s.a. sites.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13788 posts
1301 upvotes
When users are keeping their nose to the ground and come across a genuine hot deal, then the forum works as intended.

When businesses use it to shill their wares, it becomes nothing more than any other flyer you could pick up off the ground. It's tough to separate the wheat from the chaff sometimes. I would like to see a higher post limit before people can start posting in Hot Deals.
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2006
7566 posts
389 upvotes
Scarborough
Syne wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2012 7:41 pm
When users are keeping their nose to the ground and come across a genuine hot deal, then the forum works as intended.

When businesses use it to shill their wares, it becomes nothing more than any other flyer you could pick up off the ground. It's tough to separate the wheat from the chaff sometimes. I would like to see a higher post limit before people can start posting in Hot Deals.
I agree ... week after week seeing the "sales" from places like NCIX and NewEgg which really aren't decent at all, it stopped me from bothering with the Hot Deals sections at all.

I'd like to see a ban on full flyer rehashes - i.e. weekly "deals" etc.
[external advertising link removed)
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
24768 posts
2775 upvotes
Hamilton
Syne wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2012 7:41 pm

I agree.

Thank you
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17804 posts
869 upvotes
Off Topic shouldn't even exist on this website

Look at these clowns like "*****" who has 0 useful posts and 99% of his total posts are in Off Topic.

At the very least RFD should be like Sherdog and not increase your post counts unless you post in a valid, on topic forum. Newbies to the site might see ***** like ****** and ***** and actually think they are members with seniority when in reality they're utterly useless off topic knuckleheads who do nothing but degrade the credibility of the website. They've got tens of thousands of posts but they're completely useless and don't contribute anything at all to the forums that this forum actually revolve around

OT is a hole. Your post count should not increase for posting in that ***** hole.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
8728 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
duckdown wrote:
Jun 24th, 2012 6:17 am
Off Topic shouldn't even exist on this website

Look at these clowns like "*****" who has 0 useful posts and 99% of his total posts are in Off Topic.

At the very least RFD should be like Sherdog and not increase your post counts unless you post in a valid, on topic forum. Newbies to the site might see ***** like ***** and ***** and actually think they are members with seniority when in reality they're utterly useless off topic knuckleheads who do nothing but degrade the credibility of the website. They've got tens of thousands of posts but they're completely useless and don't contribute anything at all to the forums that this forum actually revolve around

OT is a hole. Your post count should not increase for posting in that ***** hole.
I will just remove every thing I posted since it does not make sense after being edited.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15324 posts
1245 upvotes
Scarborough
I don't know why so many people complain... just go start YellowFlagDeals.com!

YellowFlagDeals(tm) Where Canadians Spend/Hoard/Price Match/Flamewar.

It sounds like fun already!
CHINESE IPTV APP AND BOX FREE TRIAL:IPTV Group Buy