• Nov 29th, 2018 2:30 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4230 posts
1297 upvotes
Moncton

What's the Penalty for Not Paying Parks Canada Fee

$7.80 to get out my car at 16:30 to stretch my legs at Fundy seemed a bit rich to me (after paying $6 to watch the fog at non federal park Cap Enrage). But what is the penalty if you get caught avoiding the fee?

By the way, kids under 18 can legally visit federal parks for free this year. According to the Trudeau government, 18 year olds have too much money and must pay.
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
34 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
10152 posts
7460 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
MonctonMan wrote:
Jul 25th, 2018 11:59 pm
$7.80 to get out my car at 16:30 to stretch my legs at Fundy seemed a bit rich to me (after paying $6 to watch the fog at non federal park Cap Enrage). But what is the penalty if you get caught avoiding the fee?

By the way, kids under 18 can legally visit federal parks for free this year. According to the Trudeau government, 18 year olds have too much money and must pay.
It’s all set out in the Canada National Parks Act

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts ... lText.html

I think it’s a situation though similar to the Provincial Parks for the smaller infractions... they just call the local police for enforcement / removal of the offender

CAPE ENRAGE - gorgeous spot.

Parks Canada FREE Entry for kids under 18 is just a promotional gimmick to entice families... and to soften Park Fees after 2017 - Canada’s 150 Birthday Celebration when Parks Canada FREE Annual Passes to Cdns who applied for them
Banned
Jan 12, 2015
4107 posts
27308 upvotes
Park wardens would do enforcement and issue tickets for such infractions.

Local police/ RCMP are only called if criminal code act or arrest is needed
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8523 upvotes
GTHA
MonctonMan wrote:
How much did 18 year olds pay when it was the Harper government?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16033 posts
6207 upvotes
Why not just stop somewhere outside of the park to stretch your legs? Seems like a better idea than weaseling out of the park fee.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
1056 posts
347 upvotes
Toronto
We enjoy Canada's national parks. There is a cost to the upkeeping of the NP for us to enjoy. I have no problem paying the NP fees. I hope there will continue to be a lot to enjoy for generations to come.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2010
5938 posts
2647 upvotes
Anybody who truly loves and visits the National Parks likely purchases an annual pass. It's the far better deal financially than paying single/daily entrance fees.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4230 posts
1297 upvotes
Moncton
So basically no penalty and only suckers pay it?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4230 posts
1297 upvotes
Moncton
Cavegirl wrote:
Jul 28th, 2018 12:16 am
We enjoy Canada's national parks. There is a cost to the upkeeping of the NP for us to enjoy. I have no problem paying the NP fees. I hope there will continue to be a lot to enjoy for generations to come.
If there are no fees for healthcare, there shouldn’t be any for parks. Let the rich taxpayers pay for it.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
9660 posts
2320 upvotes
OP were you the person taking selfies with a bear last week on the news?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
7609 posts
1766 upvotes
Mississauga
MonctonMan wrote:

Pay the fee`s or don't enter your choice. If everybody thought like you their wouldn't be any parks to visit.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
1056 posts
347 upvotes
Toronto
MonctonMan wrote:
Jul 29th, 2018 2:00 am
If there are no fees for healthcare, there shouldn’t be any for parks.
No fees for healthcare?!? The OP is either very ignorant, or is on welfare and only taking from the system, rather than paying something into it.
MonctonMan wrote:
Jul 29th, 2018 2:00 am
Let the rich taxpayers pay for it.
The taxpayers and law abiding citizens are paying for it. Some people like the OP are trying to get away from paying.
Nov 5, 2014
157 posts
102 upvotes
Ottawa
I grew up in the Moncton area and visited Fundy numerous times per year when I was younger. I never once paid an entry fee into the Park if I was not camping. I believe they will ask to see your proof of entry fee if you are camping. I never saw any kind of enforcement for entry permits. The only exception was on a busy summer weekend where a few cars had some reminder cards on their windshield to let them know they should pay and display their pass. You will not have an issue.

I now have a yearly pass for National Parks and I would encourage others to do the same if you are going to take advantage of the Park ammenities.

BTW, there is also a nice lookout for Crooked Creek in Riverside Albert that would be a great spot to stop. You get to it via Forestdale road (at the 90 degree turn in Riverside Albert).
Cheers.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2004
4894 posts
480 upvotes
Victoria
Imagine if you lived in Banff which is in a national park. Yes you heard that right folks, if YOU as a Canadian citizen want to visit Banff YOU have to buy a park pass.
Not a political sig