• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2017 6:37 am
[OP]
May 7, 2008
476 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto

What's the scam here - Free TV off a back of a truck

I was approached in Flemingdon Park by two young guys in broad daylight in the afternoon, who were trying to give away free Samsung 50" screen TVs.

I didn't engage them much but their story was that they had just won some lottery and they were going to deliver these TVs and now they don't care anymore and just wanted to get rid of them

Wanted to find out what the scam was - but was in a rush and didn't want to be scammed!

For weeks, I've been trying to figure out how they would have scammed me - anyone come across this one before?
6 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1681 posts
173 upvotes
m4r 1k8
antihero wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 1:10 am
I was approached in Flemingdon Park by two young guys in broad daylight in the afternoon, who were trying to give away free Samsung 50" screen TVs.

I didn't engage them much but their story was that they had just won some lottery and they were going to deliver these TVs and now they don't care anymore and just wanted to get rid of them

Wanted to find out what the scam was - but was in a rush and didn't want to be scammed!

For weeks, I've been trying to figure out how they would have scammed me - anyone come across this one before?
tv is preloaded with microphones to see when owner is home etc? get a good enough schedule going and ... not such a free tv
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2002
13925 posts
9540 upvotes
Toronto
Box full of rocks
"Had one yesterday and there was a full slice of onion no thinner than a polio shoe.

I cried out in despair." RFD user Dingus
Feb 11, 2015
682 posts
10073 upvotes
Toronto, ON
they high story you over to somewhere where there are a few more lottery winners gathered. they steal your underpants.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18607 posts
3707 upvotes
Thornhill
There's a dude hidden inside the TV. They have enough rations to last a week, and once the coast is clear, they'll exit the TV, and open your doors for their friends to come Netflix and chill.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
8086 posts
2888 upvotes
Toronto
If it's too good to be true, usually is.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Oct 18, 2007
254 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto
hidden camera. becareful
antihero wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 1:10 am