Shopping Discussion

Whats the Shoppers Drug Mart return policy on unopened Electronics?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2017 9:09 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 21, 2016
460 posts
416 upvotes
Toronto

Whats the Shoppers Drug Mart return policy on unopened Electronics?

I purchased a PS4 pro yesterday from SDM, but just saw that there's a better deal at BB for the same along with a game bundle.
If I haven't opened the box, how does the return policy work? Their website says YMMV.
Any experience on this?
12 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
7849 posts
8797 upvotes
sacthegreat666 wrote: I purchased a PS4 pro yesterday from SDM, but just saw that there's a better deal at BB for the same along with a game bundle.
If I haven't opened the box, how does the return policy work? Their website says YMMV.
Any experience on this?
I was able to return my Switch earlier this year. They didn't give me any problems.

Are you sure it's a better deal even after the $100 gift card and optimum points you got?
Nov 21, 2016
460 posts
416 upvotes
Toronto
superfresh89 wrote: I was able to return my Switch earlier this year. They didn't give me any problems.

Are you sure it's a better deal even after the $100 gift card and optimum points you got?
I don't have optimum points.. So I guess that way, BB will be a better deal..
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
9925 posts
7089 upvotes
Mississauga
Yabbut the $100 gift card. That buys a lot of jock itch powder and roid cream. :)
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3859 posts
2814 upvotes
It's on their web site: https://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/refunds

"At Shoppers Drug Mart, we strive to provide 100% customer satisfaction", but...

"Return Exclusions with limited exceptions
Electronics

Returns will only be given if original product is returned in the original sealed box in saleable condition with a receipt and within the 30 day return period from original date of purchase
In some instances you may be required to deal directly with the manufacturer."

Some people have reported that they did successfully return opened items in spite of this policy, but many more have confirmed that this policy is enforced normally.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
7849 posts
8797 upvotes
Exp315 wrote: It's on their web site: https://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/refunds

"At Shoppers Drug Mart, we strive to provide 100% customer satisfaction", but...

"Return Exclusions with limited exceptions
Electronics

Returns will only be given if original product is returned in the original sealed box in saleable condition with a receipt and within the 30 day return period from original date of purchase
In some instances you may be required to deal directly with the manufacturer."

Some people have reported that they did successfully return opened items in spite of this policy, but many more have confirmed that this policy is enforced normally.
Interesting. When I returned my Switch, they didn't even look inside or check if it's sealed or anything. However, the box for the Nintendo Switch isn't actually sealed in any way... the cardboard sleeve slides off, pull the cardboard tab and open the box. One could easily take it out and put it all back and you'd never be able to tell if it was opened or not.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1436 posts
464 upvotes
Why don’t you call Shoppers Drug Mart and ask them?
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
3252 posts
3029 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
sacthegreat666 wrote: I purchased a PS4 pro yesterday from SDM, but just saw that there's a better deal at BB for the same along with a game bundle.
Any experience on this?
Where does their site say it's YMMV? Looks like the conditions are fairly clear, especially if you purchased it a day ago and it's still sealed.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27803 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
sacthegreat666 wrote: I don't have optimum points.. So I guess that way, BB will be a better deal..
No Optimum Points... that was your first mistake.

Love it when I hear about folks who turn down FREE Money.
Nov 21, 2016
460 posts
416 upvotes
Toronto
I don't shop in SDM that frequently.. Also I was not in town, so asked a friend to proceed purchase it on my behalf. So couldn't try getting the card and then buy.

But long story short, I wanted to know personal experiences of returning the item. Thanks, it looks positive.

I'll try to purchase it online on BF (I'll be back to toronto after BFCM). If I am able to get it in stock, then I'll return the one to SDM!
Dec 15, 2017
1 posts
My return was not accepted by SGM on Queen st W, Toronto. I had an unopened Xbox one S, with receipt and within 30 days of purchase.

They said we reserve the right to reject any electronic return. Disappointing.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
No idea why this has been bumped back up (guess it isnt that old)

This has been answered quite a few times. Its YMMV because SDM is franchised and each store have their own policy when dealing with returns. Most stores will NOT accept electronics return from another store so you need to go back to the store you purchased it and its YMMV there with some stores having signs that say all electronics sale are final sales (no return at all). Others will allow return if unopened.

If in doubt, call the store you bought it from and ask (or if its close, just go and ask).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)