Entertainment

Whats that song? its stuck in my head, and its killing me!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2015 11:38 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52935 posts
18144 upvotes
ONTARIO

Whats that song? its stuck in my head, and its killing me!

It goes something like this
"oh myyy god. nananana"

Its this old song thats been used in so many random commercials, tv shows, and movies.
It sounds like something they'd play on a cruise ship. Its super catchy... something they use in commercials.

Its old... REALLY old. Think over 30 years ago. MAybe in the 70s or 80s?
22 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21264 posts
6247 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Killing Me Softly With His Song?
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2009
5161 posts
708 upvotes
South of Ottawa
Every move I make? It's a christian rock song from ages ago.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2014
1572 posts
102 upvotes
New Westminster, BC
Darude - Sandstorm
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2008
2474 posts
170 upvotes
Is it Live if Life by Opus? There is "nananana" in the lyrics but no "oh my god"...so probably not
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2007
2419 posts
177 upvotes
ya ya ya coco jambo ya ya ye
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2012
1525 posts
450 upvotes
Is it "Lowrider", by War, and you just have the lyrics wrong? I knew someone who thought the lyrics were "oh my god" to that somehow, and it's the only old catchy cruise/commercial song I can think of. If not, is the "nananana" actually sung or part of the music?

Could always try http://www.lyrics.net/lyrics/%22oh%20my%20god%22
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
16073 posts
910 upvotes
Stouffville
RemedialChaosTheory wrote: Is it "Lowrider", by War, and you just have the lyrics wrong? I knew someone who thought the lyrics were "oh my god" to that somehow, and it's the only old catchy cruise/commercial song I can think of. If not, is the "nananana" actually sung or part of the music?

even tho i am NOT the OP.. i am going to give you a 97.4% chance that you got it right... seems exactly what you said (sans the actual lyrics).. and what the op said (cruise ship style song, TV shows (george lopez theme), commercials, movies (gone in 60 seconds))...
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
UrbanPoet wrote: It goes something like this
"oh myyy god. nananana"

Its this old song thats been used in so many random commercials, tv shows, and movies.
It sounds like something they'd play on a cruise ship. Its super catchy... something they use in commercials.

Its old... REALLY old. Think over 30 years ago. MAybe in the 70s or 80s?
RemedialChaosTheory wrote: Is it "Lowrider", by War, and you just have the lyrics wrong? I knew someone who thought the lyrics were "oh my god" to that somehow, and it's the only old catchy cruise/commercial song I can think of. If not, is the "nananana" actually sung or part of the music?

grappos13 wrote: even tho i am NOT the OP.. i am going to give you a 97.4% chance that you got it right... seems exactly what you said (sans the actual lyrics).. and what the op said (cruise ship style song, TV shows (george lopez theme), commercials, movies (gone in 60 seconds))...
This?

~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2005
1451 posts
485 upvotes
I thought Lowrider as well.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52935 posts
18144 upvotes
ONTARIO
grappos13 wrote: even tho i am NOT the OP.. i am going to give you a 97.4% chance that you got it right... seems exactly what you said (sans the actual lyrics).. and what the op said (cruise ship style song, TV shows (george lopez theme), commercials, movies (gone in 60 seconds))...
Scorpionsy wrote: This?

Nukey wrote: I thought Lowrider as well.
I`m not allowed youtube at work... But that description you guys give sounds like it might be the one.

It sounds almost comedic. In fact... I think thats why they use the jingle so much.`

Nananan isn`t part of it.
I didn`t even hear the song. For some reason I just started humming it.. bc its a funny jingle i heard of before.
my gf looks at me `wtf is that song`
`not sure`
`its stuck in my head now, i kill you`
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
3282 posts
1046 upvotes
Toronto
lol wow.
Can anyone help me too? Don't remember the lyrics and genre, heard it maybe back in around 2005.
The only thing I can remember is that it did same/similar "ting" sound as the one heard on the song below (the one that repeats every 4s).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCoP7G2K7Hc
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
Mar 19, 2015
633 posts
124 upvotes
Canada
There is another "oh" song that has been used in movies, etc

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)