Cell Phones

What's up with Fido's CSR's and the conflicting stats on their end?

• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2017 8:19 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2002
1956 posts
368 upvotes
Kitchener

What's up with Fido's CSR's and the conflicting stats on their end?

Last night the CSR tells me that I'm maxed out on my Data and just into the first 5$ overage amount.

I call back just now and the CSR tells me as per My Account on Fido that I still have around 520MB of data left.

WTF?

So I've turned Data off on my phone, but is this common?

If Freedom ever get's their service better in the KW area and also is able to do things like MMS/SMS properly I'd most likely go back because at least with Freedom, it's comforting to know that instead of getting gouged with $5 for 250MB, you'll just get throttled to a useable speed.

Too bad the CRTC doesn't force all the big carriers to do this. They must make a killing on not implementing this feature to the detriment of many Canadians.
Last edited by X-Nemesis on May 20th, 2017 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
6 replies
May 19, 2017
6 posts
I'm with freedom mobile and they suck big time.. I had to do surgery at credit valley hospital laying in bed trying to get on to my friend and family no signal like wtf garbage can't wait to switch
Verified Rep
Nov 25, 2014
34 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hey Ex-Nemesis!

Nick here from the Fido team :)

Did you receive texts advising you that you used up 90% and 100% of your data? Those texts are sent in real-time, so once you get the 100% data text, your data has definitely been used up. In terms of the app, there's a delay of up to 12 hours for usage to be calculated, so it can be normal that the app shows you still have some data left, when in fact it's been used up.

I hope that clears things up in regards to that :)

We can always double-check your account, and even look into getting you a plan with more data! You can reach out to us via Facebook or Twitter for us to check that out :)

See you there!

- Nick
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2002
1956 posts
368 upvotes
Kitchener
Hi Nick from the Fido team.

Well, I'm not sure if you actually read my post so I'll repeat the issue I see.

I call in the first day and the CSR tells me that on his system he is seeing that I'm already into overages. The Data on my My Account page says I still have 1.24GB of Data left. He tells me about the 12hr system delay.

I call back the next day which is more than 12 hrs for the system to update. My Data showing in My Account is 524MB. The CSR then tells me that she sees that I have the same amount on her page.

So how can I go from being into overages to having half a Gig of data left, when I DID wait the 12 hrs for the system to update and now I'm being told this.

Do you see the problem here?

And I'm getting what we should all be paying for Data in this day and age which is $50 for 5 Gigs. I'm betting that for me to get a plan with "more data!" would cost me what? $100, $150? And I'm not willing to spend that kind of money.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2006
5349 posts
2456 upvotes
The Fido CSR was probably looking at the wrong month on your account.

You really didn't need to create a thread just for this.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2002
1956 posts
368 upvotes
Kitchener
Mulder and Scully wrote: The Fido CSR was probably looking at the wrong month on your account.

You really didn't need to create a thread just for this.
Sure, if this was my first time experiencing this with Fido but I went through this "different CSR, different message" fiasco back in March/April. So I posted.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2006
5349 posts
2456 upvotes
X-Nemesis wrote: Sure, if this was my first time experiencing this with Fido but I went through this "different CSR, different message" fiasco back in March/April. So I posted.
Why would you waste your own time by calling in and not just checking the online self service or the Fido app (which is just a front end for the online self service)?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)