Fashion & Beauty

What's the worst fashion trend in your opinion?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2019 8:30 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
11958 posts
2832 upvotes
Montréal

What's the worst fashion trend in your opinion?

I used to think it was those baggy jeans that are ridiculously worn like they were meant to be below one's buttocks (how the heck are they worn btw?), but I think it's those 'big' round earrings for men...I dunno the name or how to describe them exactly, but it looks like some tribal round thing and at first I thought it was an optical illusion and the hole itself is small while the earring is big, but the hole the earring makes is actually as a quarter, so it basically stretches and destroys the ear lobe. If not already, once this trend dies and the earrings go out of style, the 'naked' lobes are just gonna be hanging down like a rubber band from one's ears, gross. I can't believe some ppl actually did this (mutilation) to themselves.

Apparently, it's called 'ear gauging', a pic is worth a 1,000 words:
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
25 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
12648 posts
1979 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Waist trainers. Haven't seen them worn locally, though.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
17763 posts
2928 upvotes
Toronto
All the 'trying and failing to hide your weight' clothes for women. High waisted jeans, those baby doll pregnant woman tops, frills and lace on shirts, etc
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
11374 posts
1951 upvotes
Overdone hypebeasts.

1 or 2 high end clothing or accessory items paired together with matching outfit and kicks is a great look. Wearing Supreme, BAPE, Off White, Gucci, etc everything with giant logos makes you look like a clown.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
5710 posts
2031 upvotes
Aurora
I think I've had enough of ripped shredded-to-holy-hell-that-they-probably-can't-last-three-washings jeans. They've had their day.
Jun 11, 2019
29 posts
6 upvotes
North York, Toronto
Big brand. Streetwear takes it to another level but brands these days have no subtlety about them. Someone gifted me a Superdry windcheater, there must be 80 logos on it. Canada Goose ensured every brand now has an arm patch to show off what it is. There's almost nothing unique about fashion these days.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
2865 posts
657 upvotes
Toronto
MC hammer type pants that make it look like you shat your pants.

¯\_(・_・)_/¯
This line is heavy..
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6218 posts
4464 upvotes
Toronto
Socks & sandals

/endthread

I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Jun 3, 2006
661 posts
63 upvotes
Markham
Pants for guys that are too tight and too short. Wearing pants with no break is okay, but when they're 2 inches above that, it looks ridiculous. It looks even worse when the pants look like tights.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
9232 posts
542 upvotes
Mississauga
random pattern wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2019 7:59 am
Men’s ties. It’s 2019.
lul wut?
RFD 39-0-0
Ebay 31-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
3209 posts
525 upvotes
DiceMan wrote:
Nov 15th, 2019 9:27 pm
I think I've had enough of ripped shredded-to-holy-hell-that-they-probably-can't-last-three-washings jeans. They've had their day.
And then.. why does my wife complain that she is cold in winter? Lol