None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2005
4738 posts
55 upvotes
Local

What's your favorite frozen pizza?

What's your favorite, or what are your thoughts on some frozen pizzas? You can factor in price as well.

McCains are cool because on the corner they have this tab that says "no unpronouncable ingredients" so at least theres not weird man-made ingredients.

Delissios are nice because they weight over 900g so the extra cost justifies it.

Thin crusts are good because you taste mostly the toppings. Some pizzas are like eating all bread at times... Throwing your own extra toppings on frozen pizzas is awesome. Almost as good as delivery at times.
260 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
3927 posts
793 upvotes
Sask.
Like the Dr. Oetker ones, especially the bakery crust one, Panabello.
Delissio are okay, but we like the Co-op ones better, they are very similar, and usually $5 or less on sale.
Banned
Sep 29, 2012
1269 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
Delissio goes on sale every 6-8 weeks for $3.98 a box.
It's a steal if you ask me...usually at Metro, No Frills, Food Basics.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17736 posts
827 upvotes

From Costco.. Although they were just recalled because they didn't list mustard as an ingredient :/
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
8046 posts
521 upvotes
Toronto
natalka wrote:
Jan 19th, 2013 9:40 am
Like the Dr. Oetker ones, especially the bakery crust one, Panabello.
Delissio are okay, but we like the Co-op ones better, they are very similar, and usually $5 or less on sale.
Dr Oetker
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
7451 posts
924 upvotes
Toronto
I like Oetkers Panabello.

Though smaller in size to Mc Cain and Delissio, it can usually be had for around $3 on sale at the value supermarkets.

The greasy bread crust reminds me of what Pizza Hut's crust once tasted like.

But haven't had Pizza Hut in years.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6519 posts
1244 upvotes
Buitoni or Dr. Oetkers. Especially Funghi or Spinaci.

Also, some of the PC variations.
Deal Guru
Dec 31, 2005
13280 posts
711 upvotes
bonterra wrote:
Jan 19th, 2013 12:13 pm
Buitoni or Dr. Oetkers. Especially Funghi or Spinaci.

Also, some of the PC variations.
This
Dec 23, 2011
242 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
Big fan of Dr. Oetkers and Delissio (thin crust) but has anybody tried the Tombstone frozen pizzas? Heart attack in frozen form but damn tasty.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
2855 posts
44 upvotes
Home
I like Delissio better than Dr. Oetkers or others...
If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it was, and always will be yours. If it never returns, it was never yours to begin with :|
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2012
1802 posts
362 upvotes
The best frozen pizzas to me are those cheap ones with a no edged crust, a really thick and doughy base crust, and are shaped like a disc.

I don't know why I enjoy them as much as I do...
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10248 posts
1083 upvotes
gh05t wrote:
Jan 19th, 2013 11:40 am
I like Oetkers Panabello.

Though smaller in size to Mc Cain and Delissio, it can usually be had for around $3 on sale at the value supermarkets.

The greasy bread crust reminds me of what Pizza Hut's crust once tasted like.

But haven't had Pizza Hut in years.
Panabello is what I get. I find it has by far the best crust of all of them. For me that is key as I like to at additional toppings, so not overly concerned with what toppings comes with the pizza.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
1795 posts
519 upvotes
Sudbury
I buy the Delissios when they are on sale (2 packs) and only the Pepperoni and Cheese.

My wife and I then put our own toppings on (pineapple, olives, bacon, etc). I find it is much better than buying their DELUXE.

I have also found the perfect cooking temp.

Using a Natural Gas stove, we cook it at 425 Convection for 27 mins. Comes out perfect!!