• Jun 14th, 2018 1:02 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16459 posts
1451 upvotes
Space for rent
I tried red baron the other day. Disgusting.

Not even worth $3 that walmart sells it at.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6616 posts
1310 upvotes
woof wrote:
Aug 20th, 2014 2:29 pm
Yeah that's a surprise. I wonder why McCain sold out. Of course the price of frozen pizza has been falling for some time now so maybe there's no profit in it any more.
I think part of the reasoning was that the frozen french fry market is expanding worldwide and they want to concentrate their efforts there.

They certainly do frozen french fries very well. Tried their new extra crispy onion rings awhile ago, very good.
May 30, 2010
552 posts
87 upvotes
woof wrote:
Aug 20th, 2014 2:29 pm
Yeah that's a surprise. I wonder why McCain sold out. Of course the price of frozen pizza has been falling for some time now so maybe there's no profit in it any more.
Dr.Oetker opened a plant in Canada, with plans to open more. Looks like they took the exit strategy for NA pizza market. They are keeping the international pizza operations and the hot pockets. This is also good for Dr. Oetker as it gives them manufacturing capacity and gets rid of a competitor. They win, but we will loose when prices start creeping up.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16459 posts
1451 upvotes
Space for rent
my0gr81 wrote:
Aug 20th, 2014 5:48 pm
Dr.Oetker opened a plant in Canada, with plans to open more. Looks like they took the exit strategy for NA pizza market. They are keeping the international pizza operations and the hot pockets. This is also good for Dr. Oetker as it gives them manufacturing capacity and gets rid of a competitor. They win, but we will loose when prices start creeping up.

We could all eat a little less pizza anyway.

I actually like the McCain thin crust 3 meat and super / deluxe. Very good crust and sauce/toppings. The only Oatker's I like are the Panabellos.
Banned
Aug 25, 2014
49 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Oh was not knowing about it!
Where did they are going to open their plant in Canada? I mean city?
Sep 26, 2008
430 posts
91 upvotes
GTA
"The deal covers the Ellio's brand in the U.S. and a two-year licence for the use of the McCain brand in Canada".... so in Canada the name McCain on frozen pizza will be gone in 2 years or less. DrOetker will rebrand the McCain pizzas under their name and jack up the price. Bottom line is that McCain can't compete with Dr Oetker's $2.88 - $2.99 on sale frozen pizzas and they are out.

The article also says how all the McCain plant employees in NB and ON will be offered jobs with Dr Oetker... so that's good.

BTW, Dr Oetker is my fav frozen pizza.... the thin mushroom or margarita ones
May 8, 2007
810 posts
180 upvotes
Fraser Valley, BC
jenviea wrote:
Aug 29th, 2014 1:54 pm
I think Pillsbury Crisp Crust pizza is new
http://www.redflagdeals.com/flyers/no-f ... ge=6#flyer
Yeah they've been in the mini pizza game a while but I don't recall seeing a "larger" size one before

I tried one of those, not bad, although I add a lot of other stuff so can't say what they're like without extras. They fit in the small size toaster ovens unlike regular pizzas that must be cut in half.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
9941 posts
2174 upvotes
Toronto
Oetkers on sale $2.77 at No Frills ON and Delissio Thin Crispy Crust $2.99 at Food Basics both specials start Fri Sep 5 for one week
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16459 posts
1451 upvotes
Space for rent
The Vintage are $4.44 at no Frills but lever today. I've had 3 of them this week :p

So good.

I think I'll pass on the Oatker's this week... well, ok.. may be I'll pick up one or two Panabellos. :p
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6616 posts
1310 upvotes
Buitonis and Delissio Thin Crispy are both $2.97 at Superstore this week.

Noticed WalMart is now selling the Baker Stone pizza cooker for grill top, $98. Bet frozen pizza would be extra good cooked in one of those. Spotted the Baker Stone in both local WalMarts but can't find it online to provide link.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13379 posts
2201 upvotes
Toronto
Lately, my favourite frozen pizza has become any pizza that comes with a coupon for a dollar (or two) off the purchase of my next pizza.
McCain has a coupon right now on the back of select pizza boxes.