• Jun 14th, 2018 1:02 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
5813 posts
312 upvotes
BC
We dont buy frozen pizza often, but recently we tried the Delissio Rustico at a friends place, pretty good. Ended up buying one, the spinach, very good. They were on for $3.33 last week at Safeway so we stocked up! Probably the best frozen pizza I've had, but have not tried many.

And yes, home made is better, and restaurant is good too... but for something quick for movie night or afternoon snack, these are great.
That's my 2cents worth
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6519 posts
1244 upvotes
Keelie wrote:
Mar 8th, 2016 10:39 pm
We dont buy frozen pizza often, but recently we tried the Delissio Rustico at a friends place, pretty good. Ended up buying one, the spinach, very good.
I really like the Spinaci Rustico too. I add thinly sliced garlic cloves and pieces of pre-cooked bacon, a bit of extra shredded cheese and lots of fresh ground black pepper.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
9435 posts
1995 upvotes
Toronto
The thing I notice about the Delissio Rustico (formerly Buitoni) is the crust is a nice mix of soft and crisp.
I'm not articulating it so great but the crust is better than frozen brands I've tried.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
15918 posts
1300 upvotes
TOP SECRET SPAGHETTI…
jenviea wrote:
Mar 9th, 2016 7:25 am
The thing I notice about the Delissio Rustico (formerly Buitoni) is the crust is a nice mix of soft and crisp.
I'm not articulating it so great but the crust is better than frozen brands I've tried.
Wait, isn't Buitoni the one with the cartoon chef on the box? I thought they are still selling.

What's the one that goes for $3 at Walmart? Those tastes like friggin cardboard.

I'm like the classic McCain's Deluxe although it always produced so much freakin' oil.

IT's like taking a swig of oil every bite.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6519 posts
1244 upvotes
Supercooled wrote:
Mar 9th, 2016 7:42 am
Wait, isn't Buitoni the one with the cartoon chef on the box? I thought they are still selling.
Maybe you're thinking of Guiseppe. The Buitoni brand has been replaced by Rustico. My favourite.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2009
3715 posts
541 upvotes
Aurora
CocoJambo wrote:
Aug 28th, 2015 5:12 pm
Sorry folks, I will be brutal..
If you can't make pizza at home ( From scratch) , go to a nice restaurant ( Try Famoso in yorkdale mall) ...
You will never touch the frozen pizzas anymore....
I'd rather have frozen than Formosa anytime! Formosa's good if you like paper thin, soggy/wet crust. Revolting.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
38315 posts
3106 upvotes
Toronto
CocoJambo wrote:
Aug 28th, 2015 5:12 pm
Sorry folks, I will be brutal..
If you can't make pizza at home ( From scratch) , go to a nice restaurant ( Try Famoso in yorkdale mall) ...
You will never touch the frozen pizzas anymore....
Formosa? You mean Forshitsa?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
8731 posts
1527 upvotes
The "spicey chicken" (really Buffalo Chicken) Irresistible Pizza from Metro or Food Basics is the bomb IMO. It's think, tasty and loaded with provolone cheese.

Highly recommended!!!

P.s. Often on sale for $2.99 or thereabouts
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2010
4848 posts
431 upvotes
Scarborough
we tried some Ristorante and Dr Oetkers only cuz a family member brought them, too little/skimpy toppings and tastes like cardboard

We'll stick to homemade or order from local pizza store if buy from outside. Tandoori style hot chilli pizza!
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
15918 posts
1300 upvotes
TOP SECRET SPAGHETTI…
Have you guys tried the 'fresh' pizzas in the deli sections? They come in a shrink wrap but also a cardboard box and you can see them because there is a cut out. Walmart has their own brands but they range from $8 to $16 as per toppings.

I haven't tried them yet because it's the same price as take out and that's just 'fresher' to me.